NAS Thread - Nas x HitBoy - MAGIC 3 Out Now

Imma keep it 1k. I'm not really feeling this album. Kanye gave him these fake *** artsy beats and it don't work. I saw @addict4sneakers say Nas flow ain't as good. I think it's these beats, they ain't Nas. This is some artsy Kanye beats. That song Everything is a mess. It sounds the BS Kanye made for Pablo. That shouldn't be on a Nas album.

Nas need to get in the studio with Premo and Alchemist and just keep it simple. The Intro and Cops Shot The Kid are cool but this album ain't Nas.

Yup. The bars are exquisite on this.

I’m not putting this on Nas... you know what lemme talk my Stan hat off. The only fault of Nas is putting this all in Kanye’s hands and trusting him to deliver.

The album still ain’t bad. IMO it’s very good but when your someone who has at the very least 5 classic albums the standard is so much higher.

-@saiyan yo, you heard the thought x 9th EP? You really want THIS nas rappin with THAT guy? He’d get wild exposed bruh. Just what it is...

yes black thought went complete beastmode on that and i believe if Nas is in the same room it'd push him to wanna outdo him. sometimes it just takes a little competition to give that spark

-The shorter an album is, the less leniency someone has for misses. If an album is only 7 songs, EVERY track gotta hit. 2 so so joints is ok if your album is 12 tracks long.

this is really what it is. if u puttin out 7 tracks, at least 6 gotta be barry bonds steroids homeruns

cops shot da kid growin on me crazy...reminds me of that scratched up mess on supreme clientele i used to skip and ended up OD lovin it.

Stroke of Death? that beat is so annoying

Mike dean been overrated for a while now.

To be fair Hov, ye and nas all sound slightly washed with their current flows compared to their old flows and staying in their pockets.

This is true, comparing it to their old flows, however... 4:44 was solid. "Marcy Me" by Hov shows me that he still got it (rapping at an inhumane level), same as Nas "Adam & Eve" shows me Nas still has the ability to rap beyond a Human level.

So just to recap.

Nas dropped a trash album.

Jay AND beyonce drop a surprise joint the same weekend. And its better than nas joint to boot? Lol

This is also a **** you to kanye west.

Jay outchere makin POWER MOVES on the low. Lol

Wont fake, ol boy lucky he got bey by his side. She’s gonna carry the **** outta the sales/streams...

<>

Honestly...these are "his" projects.

He basically commissioned the artists to create for him. All of this is one big art project.

They rolled it out as "albums"
Ye, Daytona, Kids See Ghost, and Nasir right? Is there anything else that released or upcoming that I missed? I wonder what he handled on Drake's album.

Ye, Daytona, Kids See Ghost, and Nasir right? Is there anything else that released or upcoming that I missed? I wonder what he handled on Drake's album.

You got it right. Those 4 and the final one will be Teyana Taylor's album (which some "insiders" keep saying will be the best one) next Friday.

Very interested in that one.

They said her **** was done end of the year and it was crazy, more people said it was crazy a few months ago. I’m sure we won’t hear any of that music cause Kanye probably recreated it all this week and next week, just like he did the other albums. Smh

So just to recap.

Jay AND beyonce drop a surprise joint the same weekend. And its better than nas joint to boot? Lol

Wont fake, ol boy lucky he got bey by his side. She’s gonna carry the **** outta the sales/streams...

<>
You took too hard of a pull my dude.

So just to recap.

<>

B4D1F45F-2156-4C47-9C9C-021F694EC6DA.gif

Kanye as the producer and not just beat maker didn’t do his job. Some songs don’t flow well and the vocals don’t sound right. Don’t want to hear any of this genius **** cause he’s botched all of these releases. I still think the Pusha and NaS projects are great but they could have been so much better.

So just to recap.

<>

bruh you can't come in a nasty thread dissing NAS :smh:

But yea that HOV and B joint ****s on Nasir. Ima blame kanye though.

Kanye as the producer and not just beat maker didn’t do his job. Some songs don’t flow well and the vocals don’t sound right. Don’t want to hear any of this genius **** cause he’s botched all of these releases. I still think the Pusha and NaS projects are great but they could have been so much better.
I said the same exact thing about the production. The beats aren’t the issue. Kanye did a trash job overseeing the project. It’s also like Nas has to slow himself down or be dumbed down with his flow.

Go listen to life is good. From Nasty to Cherry Wine **** had a various amount tempos and Nas murders everyone(except trash *** summer on smash). So I’m not listen to Nas not knowing how to flow :lol:

This talk of who to "blame" a so-so album on is ridiculous :lol:

Thats worst than ****** debating who's fault it is between two players who lost a ball game. Both of them ****** put this album out...and didn't deliver.

Plus wasn't we saying "Nas ain't signed to GOOD like Pusha so he ain't gonna have to do what Kanye says".

He didn't produce this for Nas, because he has no relationship with Nas.

No ID, Salaam Remi, Pete Rock, Premier.... Have a relationship with Nas. They know Nas from peak or near peak and what they want to hear from him.

It's like they're just some beats. I can't even judge the beats properly, because they don't sound right for Nas. In 2003 or 2008 Kanye's ego probably would have allowed him to craft an album for Nas, not in 2018.

IMO it's a terrible match and it's what I was afraid I going to hear.

I was more excited for the NAS album out of all these project that Kanye was producing

Very disappointed but not surprised
Nas is one of the most talented dudes in rap to me
But his best selection ****s all that up
Him and Eminem are terrible at that
Let Rick Ross pick the beats :lol:

I was more excited for the NAS album out of all these project that Kanye was producing

Very disappointed but not surprised
Nas is one of the most talented dudes in rap to me
But his best selection ****s all that up
Him and Eminem are terrible at that
Let Rick Ross pick the beats :lol:

I would have been more excited for a Nas project if I heard Ross was going to executive produce it than hearing Kanye was going to produce this

Ross wouldn't have let Nas down :lol:

Back
Top Bottom