NAS Thread - Nas x HitBoy - MAGIC 3 Out Now

Can’t believe this album was held up so Diddy can scream on the intro:lol:

This album is a reflection of Nas work ethic. Dude is a nice MC but instead of Lyrically taking advantage of the 7 songs he just sent his throw away verses to Kanye. He probably didn’t even make the trip to Wyoming and just emailed his verses.

I needed some more Not for Radio verses on this album

As many have stated da only thing missing on Bonjour was Rozay :smokin. Imagine hearing this after Nas’s verse

& then Ross coming through body’n ****
qajisdM.png

Can’t believe this album was held up so Diddy can scream on the intro:lol:

This album is a reflection of Nas work ethic. Dude is a nice MC but instead of Lyrically taking advantage of the 7 songs he just sent his throw away verses to Kanye. He probably didn’t even make the trip to Wyoming and just emailed his verses.

I needed some more Not for Radio verses on this album
You can tell Diddy was present for some of the Nasir and Daytona sessions because they shout him and B.I.G. out on a few verses on both albums. They were probably recorded at the same time. Dylan, Dylan, Dylan:lol:.

So is it say to assume this is Nas last album?

I don't think ****** "retire" anymore. Its "cooler" for "old ******" to rap moreso than it was a long time ago. Jay cemented it 444. ****** just gonna make albums whenever they inspired enough to...just like Bono and all them old white ******

I don't think *****s "retire" anymore. Its "cooler" for "old *****s" to rap moreso than it was a long time ago. Jay cemented it 444. *****s just gonna make albums whenever they inspired enough to...just like Bono and all them old white *****s
I mean Nas only drops every 4-6 years
he will be in his 50s by then lol....

Escobar Season is Over

Kelis won

I don't think *****s "retire" anymore. Its "cooler" for "old *****s" to rap moreso than it was a long time ago. Jay cemented it 444. *****s just gonna make albums whenever they inspired enough to...just like Bono and all them old white *****s
I wouldn’t even say Jay cemented it. I just think hip hop has slightly matured by not looking down on older mcs. Coupled with the sheer prolonged success being older is not frowned upon. I mean look at MCs not name Jay and Nas. Fab, Chainz, Rick Ross, etc all are 40+. The key is just to not be washed.

There’s a difference between being old and being washed.

There’s a difference between being old and being washed.

Which is not easy.

I bought Jay up because he's the most recent...and probably most prominent "rap god" who rose to fame in an era 20 years ago but put something out 20 years later and everyone commented on it. All ages of hip hop. And because of the content. He basically made it cool to show that you CAN mature and still matter. And probably the most misogynistic rapper ever who drops a joint album with his wife...20 years after pouring champagne on *****es.

I think NaS drops one more and he’s done. I’m a huge NaS fan and I’ve said on here before I’m cool with him retiring with Life Is Good. Album is a classic to me.

Mad rappers are 40+ now, so it’s changing up some.

Which is not easy.

I bought Jay up because he's the most recent...and probably most prominent "rap god" who rose to fame in an era 20 years ago but put something out 20 years later and everyone commented on it. All ages of hip hop. And because of the content. He basically made it cool to show that you CAN mature and still matter. And probably the most misogynistic rapper ever who drops a joint album with his wife...20 years after pouring champagne on *****es.
Yup somehow Jay and Nas have remained “cool”/fly. with Jay the net worth and crazy success is enough to remain “cool” enough but even Nas to a lesser extent is still out here with endorsement deals and such.

I joke with my brother that those 2 in particular better be thankful they kept there hairline cause if they didn’t we’d be reminded of their age :lol: Plus Nas still looks 25 :lol:

And to your point we’ve seen especially Jay “grow up” ; from money cash **** to willingly participating in a photo shoot with ya wife where ya chest is all out without a care in the world is ill to me :lol:

Shout out to the gawds but I bet to this day Rakim can be found lookin like the ol head on ya block that just got out after doing 10 joints. :lol:

@Magic33 you mentioning Nas "pulling a Foxy Brown" reminded me of this

Bless whichever producer's heart that tried his best to match up that beat to a deaf Foxy

Don’t know if this makes sense

But I feel like if they did another album it’d be better.

All the projects besides push do suffer from bad mixing though

Also I don’t think the vibes of the beats on all 4 projects match as I’ve seen in here. Only thing common is that they are kanye and have samples

Why is Kanye on Cops shot the Kid?

After the Trump support he been on I got him right beside Sheriff Clark with all that ****ing and buffooning.

I don't buy Ye talking any of that social progressive, pro black anti-cops shot anymore.

Also to be clear I can Explain was scrapped for White Label or was that song title change? Cuz if it was a switch I'd try to track that song down.

Weak as hell and Nas looking like a clown talking about tear up the ballot they’re both awful options. First time in my life saying this, Hov won.

Not many complaints, other than Kanye’s all lives matter sounding verse on Cops Shot The Kid, and some mastering/mixing issues. Nas’ “washedness” is far overstated, as 4/7 songs sound like “normal” Nas, which does make me think Ross should’ve handled this album instead of Kanye. The beats aren’t bad, but they don’t necessarily fit Nas. 7.5/10. Daytona >

Somebody get Lauryn Hill to do the lyrics for Everything ASAP

I hope we’re getting another Nas album within 18-24 months not 6 years.
If he listens to feedback another (full length) album drops before the end of the year.

Give me that Alc or Havoc produced album or some half and half with Premo and Just or the AZ collab.

Somebody get Lauryn Hill to do the lyrics for Everything ASAP

If he listens to feedback another (full length) album drops before the end of the year.

Give me that Alc or Havoc produced album or some half and half with Premo and Just or the AZ collab.

Hopefully.

I hope is next album is called “Nas album done” or better yet “Nas album really done”

To keep it a buck, ****** just mad at Kanye.. this project is hard & Nas flowing Great on here. It's just the narrative started by social media so people running with it. I don't see how anybody heard what he was rhyming over on life is good & then turn around & say the beats don't "fit" on this. Unless you were expecting him to be rhyming over illmatic like production or extremely aggressive beats... ***** ain't in the dungeons of queensbridge nomore sun in the penthouses of Manhattan, different energy calls for different palletes

To keep it a buck, *****s just mad at Kanye.. this project is hard & Nas flowing Great on here. It's just the narrative started by social media so people running with it. I don't see how anybody heard what he was rhyming over on life is good & then turn around & say the beats don't "fit" on this. Unless you were expecting him to be rhyming over illmatic like production or extremely aggressive beats... ***** ain't in the dungeons of queensbridge nomore sun in the penthouses of Manhattan, different energy calls for different palletes

Nas is not flowing great, he hasn't flowed great in while, and that has nothing to do with kanye.

Back
Top Bottom