NAS Thread - Nas x HitBoy - MAGIC 3 Out Now

Pete Rock has been throwing low key shots at the project too :lol:

Smoke DZA and Pete's joint > this

I would have been more excited for a Nas project if I heard Ross was going to executive produce it than hearing Kanye was going to produce this

Ross wouldn't have let Nas down :lol:

Period
Like come one now usual suspects is a teaser on how great that could have been
I’m upset at how disappointed I am :lol:

He didn't produce this for Nas, because he has no relationship with Nas.

No ID, Salaam Remi, Pete Rock, Premier.... Have a relationship with Nas. They know Nas from peak or near peak and what they want to hear from him.

It's like they're just some beats. I can't even judge the beats properly, because they don't sound right for Nas. In 2003 or 2008 Kanye's ego probably would have allowed him to craft an album for Nas, not in 2018.

IMO it's a terrible match and it's what I was afraid I going to hear.

I would have been more excited for a Nas project if I heard Ross was going to executive produce it than hearing Kanye was going to produce this

Ross wouldn't have let Nas down :lol:

angif-hit-the-nail-on-the-head.gif

I’ve ignored all of your slanderous posts up to this point but now you’ve gone too far with your bull **** :rofl:

on the surface it sounds dumb but in theory I think it would be dope. Nas rapping on 4:44 and the carters beats would be dope and better than what was put out.

But like I said in the convo with Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius and I think Magic33 Magic33 last week, Nas has been in the game too long not to be executive producing and having the final decision his on ****. Sure you have people who oversee it with you, but you make the final decision. The same way HOV gave no ID samples and said this is what we're using so make beats with these is the same way Nas should pick and control all of his ****.

Haven’t listened yet, but how does Nas sound on NASIR compared to how he sounded on Nas Album Done? I thought he sounded flawless on there

Deadass. Joint was and still is ILL.

Between that and saying roc marciano can't rap.
**** feels like the twilight zone. I can't relate to son.
Supreme Clientele one of my fav albums but I hate the Stroke of Death beat

on the surface it sounds dumb but in theory I think it would be dope. Nas rapping on 4:44 and the carters beats would be dope.

But like I said in the convo with Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius and I think Magic33 Magic33 last week, Nas has been in the game too long not to be executive producing and having the final decision his on ****. Sure you have people who oversee it with you, but you make the final decision. The same way HOV gave no ID samples and said this is what we're using so make beats with these is the same way Nas should pick and control all of his ****.

Nah, cant trust Nas. He made "Hip Hop Is Dead" have a remixed beat of "Thief's Theme" because he felt like trolling (paraphrasing Salaam Remi from Vlad interview). This is the same guy that when NORE brought Pharrell to him, Nas didnt take any of the beats cuz P was rocking tight clothing.. the **** that gotta do with how the beats sound?

Get Puffy, Rozay, & Khaled on as execs, bring in Justice League, 88-keys, Pete Rock, The Hitmen, No I.D., Havoc, Alchemist, Harry Fraud, Timbo, Just Blaze, & Pharrell on as producers. That way you have a balance of straight rapping tracks & some hits.

tbh **** this **** this is like fantasy GM mode of rap n will never happen. these rappers gonna do w/e they want N nas prolly dgaf bout any of this

The more and more I listen, the more I think the verses were laid and Kanye was making beats to them. It just sounds off. Unless he’s trying to do that off beat **** cause that’s somewhat popular right now.

I had no expectations for this. NaS can rap and Kanye has missed on a lot of his work since 2012 so I wasn’t that hype for this one.

Spun it 8x

Not sure if I was more disappointed last night waiting on the album or right now.

Flow on Adam & Eve was great. That was the hungriest he sounded on here.

Flow on every other track was uninspired. Stunned by that. He sounded great on Nas album done.

And it sounds like Ye only had 7 beats in him and he gave them all to Push. Not impressed with anything from Ye on here.

Like what the **** is he thinking on Cops shot the kid? Sample distracting as hell.

Probably only keeping Adam & Eve.

Spun it 8x

Not sure if I was more disappointed last night waiting on the album or right now.

Flow on Adam & Eve was great. That was the hungriest he sounded on here.

Flow on every other track was uninspired. Stunned by that. He sounded great on Nas album done.

And it sounds like Ye only had 7 beats in him and he gave them all to Push. Not impressed with anything from Ye on here.

Like what the **** is he thinking on Cops shot the kid? Sample distracting as hell.

Probably only keeping Adam & Eve.

I could have typed this out verbatim. This is damn near my exact feelings on the project.

Both Ye and Nas were trash on this. We can pretend like they weren't but they were. It doesn't mean they're trash...it just means the chemistry isn't there. We might have assumed it would be because it's 2 legends. In reality...if we ever really wanted to hear this project...it would have been back in 2010 or some ****.

Back
Top Bottom