NAS Thread - Nas x HitBoy - MAGIC 3 Out Now

I have all of those joints and by you posting 20 more videos of WSG isn’t going to change my opinion on him. I’m not a fan of him rhyming, period point blank. He’s one dimensional and is incapable of dropping a song without naming every Hypebeast materialistic item that’s hot for the moment. Benny & Conway are ill as **** on the other hand and actually make good music.

One more thing, him trying to take credit for rapping first about wrestling is delusional. Action Bronson was doing it years before Griselda was even created and many emcee dropped wrestling analogies years before that.
So you just don't like him as a person. Keep it 100 then. Bar for bar all those ****** are nasty.
Nowadays ppl care too much about ****** personal lives.

We acting like ****** werent arrogant back in the day or that they didnt say some **** we disagreed with. The difference is we kept the focus on the music.

If ****** not feeling the music cool, but from a technical standpoint (bar structure, etc) griselda got it. Even a hater should be able to admit these ****** are nice lyrically.

(Up 2) last verse on smile is the embodiment of flow my guy.

And i dont think anyones beef is with griselda as a whole. Just westside. Dude cant rap. His super obvious punch in flow is trash. Dude is a loud mouth with all the charisma in the world and no talent to back it up. Reminds me of jim but even he can actually rap these days. Lol

Last edited:
word, i feel you but rae, ghost, kiss, styles, prodigy, alchemist, etc. feel differently.
i'm just saying.

the ***** has tracks with ****** ppl feel can spit and there's no drop off and no ghostwriter so...obviously the ***** can spit. there are tracks where the flow is slow/drawn out and there are tracks where its not. i think a lot of ppl don't **** with the slower tracks which is his preference.

ppl are asking for nas to have the same production as westside gunn but won't listen to westside gunn for whatever reason.
the real album of the year drops next friday. #supremeblientele

Wrong one to direct that too

I've been rocking with the Buffalo artist for a minute, Westside, Conway, Benny and 38 Spesh

That's not fair at all. Illmatic was made 25+ years ago, some of the people who worked on that album are probably dead, and don't even produce anymore. We give these new acts the benefit of the doubt when they release something that's just "okay" and champion it like it's something more than that while simultaneously tearing down our legends when they release something that's not as good as one of the greatest albums of all time. Hip hop has a huge problem with how they treat their legends overall and it manifest when they release new material. Like *****s really calling this album wack but was calling 21 Savage's album one of the best of the year and I guarantee you NO ONE bumped that two weeks after it dropping.

An artist should be called out for a half assed effort instead of being given a pass for it.

Just like you would do that with a basketball or football player. Why should you put up with it based on the past?

Legends should be acknowledged for putting out good work, people like Raekwon, Black Thought and Jay. Not given brownie points for just putting out a project. OC, AG and Keith Murray and Freddie Foxxx aren't given some curve for just continuing to rap and put out projects.

Mike dean been overrated for a while now.

To be fair Hov, ye and nas all sound slightly washed with their current flows compared to their old flows and staying in their pockets.

Jay just sounds washed on down south tracks.

Ye sounds washed on his own stuff.

oh. and ****** was hating on jim. jim always had something to say.
like jim didn't have the (possibly, juelz verse was ill too) illest verse on come home with me (the song). "come home with me where grandmothers is 30/one gram of that butter is 30, 4 grand is my cut from the birdie..."

but thats another topic so i'ma chill since i already kinda derailed the thread a little.

Last edited:
7 is wayyyyyy to short for me man.

I’m over here swaying my *** off to Simple Things then all of if sudden Diddy in my ear again. Dead *** was like why are you here?

Nas was bar’d up on this but that’s a given.

Hearing these 4 7 track albums it sounds like their was just a gang of beats that were created in the same timespan with similar vibes and they all just chose from those.

I for sure didn’t need Kanye yelping at me on Everything and I don’t think the 070 chick fits.

I know Pusha was around the whole damn time and he couldn’t find his way on this record?

The album was very good IMO but definitely not better than Life is Good.

I hope we’re getting another Nas album within 18-24 months not 6 years.

I have to reluctantly agree with this. When I first discovered Griselda; I did the complete deep dive into their catalogue. Daringer is no ****ing joke and deserves a lot more shine. I can only listen to Conway & Benny, it’s got to the point where WSG annoys the hell out of me every time he spits, which imo he can’t spit for ****.

I like Gunn along side other people much more than him by himself. His voice is s but much over the course of an entire project, but perfect in between other people’s verses. Calling him boring or trash is pretty silly though

What’s are some of y’all listening to? This album is GOOD after first listen. Will only get better with more spins.

So you just don't like him as a person. Keep it 100 then. Bar for bar all those *****s are nasty.
Nowadays ppl care too much about *****s personal lives.

We acting like *****s werent arrogant back in the day or that they didnt say some **** we disagreed with. The difference is we kept the focus on the music.

If *****s not feeling the music cool, but from a technical standpoint (bar structure, etc) griselda got it. Even a hater should be able to admit these *****s are nice lyrically.

1.) I don’t dislike him as a person; I don’t know him personally.

2.) You are caping a little too hard for this guy. You need to understand everyone isn’t going to agree with your opinions.

3.) Benny & Conway are nice lyrically; I never said they weren’t.

4.) I couldn’t care less about someone’s personal life, my opinions reflect the music.

5.) I’m strictly focused on the music and WSG is not nice imo.

1.) I don’t dislike him as a person; I don’t know him personally.

2.) You are caping a little too hard for this guy. You need to understand everyone isn’t going to agree with your opinions.

3.) Benny & Conway are nice lyrically; I never said they weren’t.

4.) I couldn’t care less about someone’s personal life, my opinions reflect the music.

5.) I’m strictly focused on the music and WSG is not nice imo.
yeah i agree to disagree.
****** using the same argument that ppl use when talking about ppl like pusha. or meek.
"too many ___ references."

and i'm not caping at all, just calling it like it is. ****** music is dope. i grew up on rakim, public enemy, wu, tribe, dipset (well..in college) etc. and if i'ma compare music now to then these ****** are in that same vein if we are being honest. not too many artists left that could hold a candle to that era.

anybody saying wsg specifically isn't of that same cloth...yeah i'ma have to agree to disagree. son put the whole griselda **** together and provided a platform for ppl like benny, conway, el camino, etc.

One more thing, him trying to take credit for rapping first about wrestling is delusional. Action Bronson was doing it years before Griselda was even created and many emcee dropped wrestling analogies years before that.

Wait does he really claim that? :lol:

Wu dudes have been rapping about wrestlers since forever...Meth in particular

Even Nas said "slam it like Iron Sheik" on Illmatic

This thread is comedy, I like the album as a whole, not excellent by any means but still enjoyable. Bonjour will be on constant repeat and I thought Cops was straight. Liked the way Kanye was rapping on it too. At this point I would like for Nas to link with Premier and give us that album they were promising. I dont expect Nas or any MC from his era to drop classic materiel if their moguls and music is only just a part of their careers. If this was the "Old Kanye" then this could have been magnificent, but he's been gone for while which is why I never had my hopes up to begin with (Although I was surprised with how much I liked this and Daytona)

EDIT: The flygod slander is hilarious, main negative about Gunn is his voice, other than that he's dope, period. Griselda can rap with anybody of any era

Mike dean been overrated for a while now.

To be fair Hov, ye and nas all sound slightly washed with their current flows compared to their old flows and staying in their pockets.
u said ye
like his flow hasnt always been kinda trash
we just overlooked it

Imma keep it 1k. I'm not really feeling this album. Kanye gave him these fake *** artsy beats and it don't work. I saw addict4sneakers addict4sneakers say Nas flow ain't as good. I think it's these beats, they ain't Nas. This is some artsy Kanye beats. That song Everything is a mess. It sounds the BS Kanye made for Pablo. That shouldn't be on a Nas album.

Nas need to get in the studio with Premo and Alchemist and just keep it simple. The Intro and Cops Shot The Kid are cool but this album ain't Nas.

Imma keep it 1k. I'm not really feeling this album. Kanye gave him these fake *** artsy beats and it don't work. I saw addict4sneakers addict4sneakers say Nas flow ain't as good. I think it's these beats, they ain't Nas. This is some artsy Kanye beats. That song Everything is a mess. It sounds the BS Kanye made for Pablo. That shouldn't be on a Nas album.

Nas need to get in the studio with Premo and Alchemist and just keep it simple. The Intro and Cops Shot The Kid are cool but this album ain't Nas.

Whether or not Nas is washed or it’s Kanye, this is a mismatch. Lyrically Nas still has it but he didn’t have the flow at all on here.

Back
Top Bottom