NAS Thread - Nas x HitBoy - MAGIC 3 Out Now

I mean I can’t speak for everyone else but I know I hold the ***** that made illmatic to a higher standard than the ***** that made my dawg. 1 exceeded expectations and 1 didn’t get close *shrug*

That's not fair at all. Illmatic was made 25+ years ago, some of the people who worked on that album are probably dead, and don't even produce anymore. We give these new acts the benefit of the doubt when they release something that's just "okay" and champion it like it's something more than that while simultaneously tearing down our legends when they release something that's not as good as one of the greatest albums of all time. Hip hop has a huge problem with how they treat their legends overall and it manifest when they release new material. Like ****** really calling this album wack but was calling 21 Savage's album one of the best of the year and I guarantee you NO ONE bumped that two weeks after it dropping.

Didn’t hear that, was commenting on the Forbes and billboard articles from yesterday. What I don’t understand is why must he address the allegations publicly tho? How we know he didnt speak to Kelis and his kids in private and they working it out? Why must he explain it to the masses, cause he’s a public figure? I don’t care about that I got my own stuff to worry about.
Ain't no video, no pics, he ain't been charged so it's really nothing to do about something Kelis CLAIMS happened 10+ years ago. Even if Nas did say something these weirdo male and female feminist would pick apart whatever he says.

I hear ya but the last thing nas needs right now is to be on a track with black thought.

bruh what why

Far as westside, he’s got cool
Production but it goes to waste on him. Dude is a stereotypical, gassed up, NY n_ with a lotta mouth *pause* that thinks he’s better than he really is.
I think Nas let J. Cole down...

ima keep it a buck with everyone here nobody listens to westside gunn and whoever them other griselda ****** are and no one cares about roc marciano either they're all wack they wouldnt stand a chance against the worst of elite crop of rappers out in the 90s & 2000s (im talking about the rappers that make the same genre of music as them) they cant even hold their own against Wu-Affiliates like Lord Superb(ok ex-affiliate whatever) or Trife Diesel like yo cmon.. even Hitchcock from A-Team a wash em, J.R. Writer'd wash em..
I think Nas let J. Cole down...
as much as im disappointed by this Nas joint, J cole's best song or best body of work doesnt even come close to this project

So basically go try and recreate Illmatic 25 years later :rofl::rofl:

This is terrible advice

agreed

I just feel like Nas sounds kinda lost. Like he knows he still got it but doesn’t want to fully unleash for whatever reason. This ***** lowkey might need a ghostwriter
nah stop it 5... look. "Adam & Eve" proves Nas still GOT IT. That track is everything we want from nas, he got his dexterity in there, he spittin, he killin it... he still has the ability, it's displayed right there! i just dont understand why he didnt switch gears on more areas of this album.

Y'all ****ting on this but calling lil baby joint album of the year ?

#hiphop
I mean I can’t speak for everyone else but I know I hold the ***** that made illmatic to a higher standard than the ***** that made my dawg. 1 exceeded expectations and 1 didn’t get close *shrug*

listen guys... Nas and Lil Baby don't make the same genre of music. as much as I love Illmatic, i do NOT want to ******* hear "One Time 4 Your Mind" during a night out at the club, but if Houston - I Like That or Trillville - Some Cut come on you know damn well Im going crazy. That's not to say trillville & houston n chingy n nelly n lil baby n whoever >>> Nas.. no... different types of music, different genres (subgenres if u wanna be politically correct or whateva tf) this is a rap rap rap album, not the same genre lil baby does. man. ppl dont even compare metal music to emo music to experimental rock n roll to hair metal etc, it's all diff genres that are the same but still different nahmsaying. like beatles and metallica aint the same genre nahmsaying

Solid 7/10 album to me

5 out of the 7 songs are dope while the other 2 are aight but I need the mixing to be improved, sounds very sloppy at parts

Life Is Good was definitely better than this

Ehhh, I like the album. I think some beats sound mad good, some are ehhh. Nas had some dope verses, they don't sound great to every beat though. I can't listen to Cops or White Label, the beat for Cops actually hurts my head and White Label is similar to Cops. This was also a Kanye experiment that Nas should have turned down or cancelled but I'm sure he thought this would be good for his brand.

First NaS album I didn't buy and I won't buy. And I bought EVERY album of his. EPs and Greatest Hits.

Couple things...

-The shorter an album is, the less leniency someone has for misses. If an album is only 7 songs, EVERY track gotta hit. 2 so so joints is ok if your album is 12 tracks long.

-People keep bringing up illmatic. My g, that was 24 years ago. Idk how long some of you have been listening to hiphop but thats more than enough time to fall off. 2018 nas is FAR removed from what he once was in 94. Can honestly say there’s no other rapper in the game who’s first album has earned them more leniency than illmatic has for nas. Nas and his fans needa learn how to ADJUST. Yall stuck and thats a big part of the problem. Not to keep bringing him up but you gotta give cred to jay for keeping an ear open for current hiphop. I dont think he’s all in on it but you can tell he familiar with what’s current . When he’s on joints with future, its effortless. Thats not by accident.

-@saiyan yo, you heard the thought x 9th EP? You really want THIS nas rappin with THAT guy? He’d get wild exposed bruh. Just what it is...

-DBCO >>>>>> greiselda (which as far as im concerned is just benny & conway).

as of now for me....solid 4/5

Definitely the best one so far out of Daytona & KSG

Daytona
Nasir
KSG
Ye

I like it. Didn't expect Illmatic quality, because that would be goofy. Can't surpass perfection.

ima keep it a buck with everyone here nobody listens to westside gunn and whoever them other griselda *****s are and no one cares about roc marciano either they're all wack they wouldnt stand a chance against the worst of elite crop of rappers out in the 90s & 2000s (im talking about the rappers that make the same genre of music as them) they cant even hold their own against Wu-Affiliates like Lord Superb(ok ex-affiliate whatever) or Trife Diesel like yo cmon.. even Hitchcock from A-Team a wash em, J.R. Writer'd wash em..
***** you bugging.
Your musical taste is probably trash.
You and that other ***** gotta be smoking rocks but ima chill since this is a nas thread.

Far as westside, he’s got cool Production but it goes to waste on him.

I have to reluctantly agree with this. When I first discovered Griselda; I did the complete deep dive into their catalogue. Daringer is no ******* joke and deserves a lot more shine. I can only listen to Conway & Benny, it’s got to the point where WSG annoys the hell out of me every time he spits, which imo he can’t spit for ****.

I have to reluctantly agree with this. When I first discovered Griselda; I did the complete deep dive into their catalogue. Daringer is no ****ing joke and deserves a lot more shine. I can only listen to Conway & Benny, it’s got to the point where WSG annoys the hell out of me every time he spits, which imo he can’t spit for ****.

..????

Man I'm disappointed :smh:

There's no real chemistry between Kanye and Nas on this album. Whoever said the production is over powering the raps was spot on. Nas sounds a little washed here. The bars are nice but he rarely gets into his usual pocket with his flow on most of these songs. It's the biggest drawback of the album for me.

And the mixing is wild average on here :smh: I'm convinced Mike Dean was too high during the mastering process or some ****.

I have all of those joints and by you posting 20 more videos of WSG isn’t going to change my opinion on him. I’m not a fan of him rhyming, period point blank. He’s one dimensional and is incapable of dropping a song without naming every Hypebeast materialistic item that’s hot for the moment. Benny & Conway are ill as **** on the other hand and actually make good music.

One more thing, him trying to take credit for rapping first about wrestling is delusional. Action Bronson was doing it years before Griselda was even created and many emcee dropped wrestling analogies years before that.

Mike dean been overrated for a while now.

To be fair Hov, ye and nas all sound slightly washed with their current flows compared to their old flows and staying in their pockets.

Back
Top Bottom