NAS Thread - Nas x HitBoy - MAGIC 3 Out Now

Off my first full listen...
Cops :smokin (that’s how I want kanYe to rap)
Bonjour :smokin (sounds like what being rich feels like)
Simple Things :smokin (track is beautiful...God I love soul samples :blush:)

A nas/az album is the only thing that can bring nas back to life

Mannnnnn nas needs:

1) Stop making overarching references to 80’s rap ****. We get it. You rock with slick rick and rakim. Seems like every album he’s just gotta include some type of homage to that era. Get off it.
2) Find some current rappers (the good ones) to get inspired by. Very evident that he more than likely doesnt listen to very much current decent hiphop
3) get off the bottle
4) a swift kick in the pants
5) to find some f’n CHARISMA! (Low key, his biggest issue)
6) 10-12 tracks from the gawd, ALC.

And all will be fine but none of which will happen and bc of this i say, hang it up.

*had to make some revisions* lol

Last edited:
Bonjour is pure luxury. Could hear Rozay talking that talk on here

Rozay need to put his lemon pepper wings down and call Nas for real :sick:

I don't get the hate with some of y'all. I enjoyed Nasir. I also think he gonna drop something else soon, this is just an appetizer with new recipes (KKKanye Production).

:smh:
While album wasnt BAD per say
Nothing really stood out
Imo these seemed like leftovers
From the untitled album.
Like I know my hopes weren’t to high
Just it didn’t deliver how it was suppose to
NOTHING stood out to me

Yeah I’d prefer them
Or even no Id
No id woulda laced nas proper

We basically got that on Life Is Good.

Since everyone named all the prods that obviously mesh with Nas such as Alc, Premo, Pete Rock, etc... I'm gonna ask for some that I thought would be dope:

Nas x The Hitmen
Nas x Just Blaze
Nas x Frank Dukes
Nas x Stoupe The Enemy of Mankind
Nas x The Roots collab album (Nas x Black Thought killikg everything on-site backed by ?uestlove & Scott storch returns to the roots + everyone else in the band)
Nas x RZA
Nas x Havoc

yeah Nas gotta do a whole album with Havoc inspired by Prodigy is my conclusion

But it does when the overarching theme of the album has to do with struggle

albums exist on a parallel but separate lane than real life.

if you don't let da music stand on its own merits instead of letting politics or actual reality in general letting you shape how you ingest da art, i feel real bad about you listening to coke selling murder death kill hardcore hiphop, while these dudes in real life living da squared civilian lives possible sending their kids to private school shopping for Kale @ Kroger's :lol:

While album wasnt BAD per say
Nothing really stood out
Imo these seemed like leftovers
From the untitled album.
Like I know my hopes weren’t to high
Just it didn’t deliver how it was suppose to
NOTHING stood out to me

I respect that. We can agree that it's not a bad album. It's def not a classic

ppl are asking for nas to have the same production as westside gunn but won't listen to westside gunn for whatever reason.
the real album of the year drops next friday. #supremeblientele

Nas x The Roots collab album (Nas x Black Thought killikg everything on-site backed by ?uestlove & Scott storch returns to the roots + everyone else in the band)

I hear ya but the last thing nas needs right now is to be on a track with black thought.

Far as westside, he’s got cool
Production but it goes to waste on him. Dude is a stereotypical, gassed up, NY n_ with a lotta mouth *pause* that thinks he’s better than he really is.

I hear ya but the last thing nas needs right now is to be on a track with black thought.

Far as westside, he’s got cool
Production but it goes to waste on him. Dude is a stereotypical, gassed up, NY n_ with a lotta mouth *pause* that thinks he’s better than he really is.
his catalog is consistent. he can back up his arrogance IMO.
anyone would be hardpressed to name a more consistent label than griselda.

flygod, hwh1-5, reject 2, goat, don't get scared now, etc. are better quality than we've heard in a long, long time IMO.

^ I'm saying. It's not that bad. Again it's not great but the only song I really don't like is everything.

Starts off slow, but hits it's stride once White Label starts. Last three tracks give it a strong finish.

n Klepper is an American comedian, writer, producer, political commentator, actor, and television host. He ha

+
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

This album is not bad whatsoever. Kanye production isn’t bad either. I just wish Nas would find some damn charisma or maybe adapted to new music era. Hov did it with MCHG but stayed true on 4:44.

I just feel like Nas sounds kinda lost. Like he knows he still got it but doesn’t want to fully unleash for whatever reason. This ***** lowkey might need a ghostwriter

Y'all ****ting on this but calling lil baby joint album of the year ?

#hiphop
I mean I can’t speak for everyone else but I know I hold the ***** that made illmatic to a higher standard than the ***** that made my dawg. 1 exceeded expectations and 1 didn’t get close *shrug*

Back
Top Bottom