NAS Thread - Nas x HitBoy - MAGIC 3 Out Now

Didn’t hear that, was commenting on the Forbes and billboard articles from yesterday. What I don’t understand is why must he address the allegations publicly tho? How we know he didnt speak to Kelis and his kids in private and they working it out? Why must he explain it to the masses, cause he’s a public figure? I don’t care about that I got my own stuff to worry about.

writers pandering so they can have a big article or one with mad views that they can put on their resume and ask for a raise or switch employers and ask for a higher salary. cutthroat game.. art of pandering, art of clickbait... trash *** people with no morals, but they looking out for themselves

Adam and Eve is super great

This would have been a classic if everything else matched that quality

I thought the idea of these short albums was to have pure condensed heat all the way through

Lol i really don't know what to say.
Not for radio is like a forced version of hate me now.

I tried listening three times and zoned out.
From the first two n half spins,

Cop shot the kid is nice feel the NAS I know , didn't like ye on it and he should had rick on that .
I think I like the intro to simple things.

Ill come back to this again, but I know there is some truths and good lyrical content -conscious to it

Ehhhh... 3/5.

Album is just NOT what it needs to be. His flow/delivery is so dull and elementary. Like bruh, if you dont wanna do this anymore, go head and sit down somewhere. His legacy is in tact but these types of efforts, if continued, could possibly tarnish it.

Nas just strikes me as a loser man. Its just so painfully evident. And this is coming from a fan (maybe former @ this point). Wish he would prove me wrong, i really do, but nas whole embodiment is just some str8 loser ****. Its in his veins.

MCHG is f’n lightyears ahead of this. No need to even bring up 444...

Ehhhh... 3/5.

Album is just NOT what it needs to be. His flow/delivery is so dull and elementary. Like bruh, if you dont wanna do this anymore, go head and sit down somewhere. His legacy is in tact but these types of efforts, if continued, could possibly tarnish it.

Nas just strikes me as a loser man. Its just so painfully evident. And this is coming from a fan (maybe former @ this point). Wish he would prove me wrong, i really do, but nas whole embodiment is just some str8 loser ****. Its in his veins.

MCHG is f’n lightyears ahead of this. No need to even bring up 444...

What’s up Bleek

That one video gave me high hopes lol, but I'll give it a listen.

Dope project after 1 listen. That said, I never want to hear The Dream or Kanye singing on a Nas album ever again. Completely messed up the vibe for me even though Nas was saying some **** on that track.

Personally, I’m not a fan of these super short projects. Mainly because if it ends up being good but not great, there’s little incentive to go back and listen. A couple of mediocre tracks tarnishes the entire project quicker for me.

Give me an album with more songs that are a shorter length so I can get more variety, and just MOAR music in general. Then again, that Pusha album is heat from front to back, so it isn’t like it can’t be done.

The short album thing seems lazy to me.

I can understand ONE but not 4

Seems like they're just trying to whip up something quick to get paid and not take time to make a full length.

Renaissance I would say, the movement thing seems to be a thing of the past now.

Album sounds decent to me. Don't know what ppl expected, not his best work obviously but he always talking that ****.

Wasn't impressed by the album

and this is what I was talking about earlier with having Kanye doing his project

Production was really lackluster and uninspired also.

Kanye in 2018 isn't Kanye of 2003 or 2008

He's literally talking on some songs :smh:

The first couple of songs are awful

Kanye singing :smh: but I was told that Nas isn't Pusha and would have complete control over his project :rolleyes

Adam Eve and Simple Things are the only redeemable tracks.

Don’t nobody wanna hear Kanye talk about the hardships of disenfranchised black people.

Part of me really needs to know how Nas went from ****** to thinking this whole rollout was a good idea after Kanye started acting like a dickhead.

Kardashian’s at the listening. There’s just too much nonsense around this album, which you wouldn’t expect from someone like Nas.

Now that we got Kanye’s narcissism out of the way though, can we get the albums Push and Nas scrapped so they could fit into this haphazardly put together rollout.

Nas deserves more than to be put in the same album format as Teyana Taylor, or Kanye for that matter.

And the music isn’t good enough for me to look past all that. Not For Radio and Adam and Eve are great...the rest is cool. Thanks, I guess.

Part of me really needs to know how Nas went from ****** to thinking this whole rollout was a good idea after Kanye started acting like a dickhead.

ish got nothing to do with da music b, calm down. :lol:

on da musical merits of this project, cops shot da kid, adam & eve, and simple things is Nas on his bully.

overall thou? Pusha-T got da best 7 track joint outta da whole suite of releases thus far.

Nas should've released that lost tape 2....

Nas should've re-released that I Am... as da original 2 disc album it should've been.

ish got nothing to do with da music b, calm down. :lol:

on da musical merits of this project, cops shot da kid, adam & eve, and simple things is Nas on his bully.

overall thou? Pusha-T got da best 7 track joint outta da whole suite of releases thus far.

Nas should've released that lost tape 2....

Nas should've re-released that I Am... as da original 2 disc album it should've been.
But it does when the overarching theme of the album has to do with struggle. If the music blew me away, I’d be able to look past the hypocrisy of Kanye on this, but it wasn’t. Flow felt lazy at times. Production was decent. But nothing other than Not For Radio and Adam & Eve spoke to me.

At the end of the day, I don’t think this is the project or rollout he should have rolled with, but it is what it is. It isn’t a throwaway, but meh.

The beats aint bad to me, the engineering (mixing) is mad off, and there's just too much 1 gear rap flow from Nas on this. Tbh I like most of the beats on the album if I just focus on the production and ignore everything else. I know classic94 classic94 is a troll but he actually might've accidentally said a truth here. A lot of these songs sound like Nas just spat acapella and Kanye did the beat behind them. Idk how much time Nas spent in Wyoming to do these verses but it definitely was not enough time. The Nas I know shifts gears on his flows a lot.

Im too focused on the negative though. I love 3 of the songs on there. Man this **** just gave me a flashback to Raekwon rapping on the 8 Diagrams - Wu album. Rae was ruining every song on there. Example:
Listen to raekwon's verse on
"Heart Gently Weeps" - Wu Tang

this is what Nas reminds me of on some of these songs. The Rae I used to know... how tf he sound so 1-dimensional on this song... Smh (btw Raekwon dropped mad fire after 8 Diagrams so idk wtf happened there)

EDIT:

NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS DID I THINK THAT NAS DROPS THE SAME YEAR AS PUSHA N PUSHA GOT THE BETTER ALBUM THAN NAS WTF!!!! man what the hell is going on... how the **** does Pusha T have album of the year so far with 7 tracks? i love all the new generation music but jesus christ this is really eye opening and something to consider...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom