My parents are not letting me spend my OWN money

I had this issue when I first got a job. I bought whatever I wanted and was living the "good life". One day I bought a couple shirts from Dillards, and when I went to start my car, i was almost on empty. I barely made it to a gas station on what was left in the tank. I walked to the cashier, opened my wallet, and realized I had just spent the last of my money on the shirts. I called my pops to transfer some money to my card, but he saw that I had just bought shirts. He gave me the "deal with it" response. I had to undergo a huge hassle of calling a buddy, borrowing some cash, wasting time, paying back that cash, and dealing with my parents. I learned my lesson

OP, buy your items, but spend selectively. If you show responsibility, your parents will ease up in the future

Originally Posted by taymane23

Snapbacks are a waste of money assuming you're fixing to spend 50+ dollars on a damn hat in which I know you will since you're 16.
I'm 16 and all my snaps are vintage and were all purchased for less than $20.

Senior NT again trying to ruin our fun.

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

I had this issue when I first got a job. I bought whatever I wanted and was living the "good life". One day I bought a couple shirts from Dillards, and when I went to start my car, i was almost on empty. I barely made it to a gas station on what was left in the tank. I walked to the cashier, opened my wallet, and realized I had just spent the last of my money on the shirts. I called my pops to transfer some money to my card, but he saw that I had just bought shirts. He gave me the "deal with it" response. I had to undergo a huge hassle of calling a buddy, borrowing some cash, wasting time, paying back that cash, and dealing with my parents. I learned my lesson

OP, buy your items, but spend selectively. If you show responsibility, your parents will ease up in the future
Good move by your father. Great life lesson. Tough love.

After seeing the hat you're trying to buy, please aware yourself so you don't get got with a fake TISA.

Cause 9 times out of 10, it will be.

It's your money at the end of the day you can do what you want. My parents let me spend my money on whatever I wanted and I 'm glad they did because all the shoes I bought I resold them on eBay and made the money back anyway.

arent tisa snapbacks just more expensive snapbacks with tisa on the side?
Spoiler [+]
cop them 3s and save your $$

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

You guy's saying that down the line he will be thankful just remember this dude is young, let him enjoy his youth. If he earned that money, he should be able to treat himself with a few things. Like he said though, he's not tryna blow it, he just wants a couple things.

Word

OP, just dont blow ALLLL of your money. Save. Be responsible.

I worked when I was 16

No one told me not to waste my money...... but guess what I still didnt waste it

bought a 13K whip at 21...... now I get pulled over cause I look to young to be riding clean. If you want the punany when your older save your money

Originally Posted by Shorty Doo Wop

arent tisa snapbacks just more expensive snapbacks with tisa on the side?
Spoiler [+]
cop them 3s and save your $$

Seriously OP. I'm proud to be a 17 year old that completely avoided the Snapback craze. If you buy one, don't be dumb enough to cop a TI$A. Hunt down vintage regular snaps. You'll thank me. You'll look like a true lame walking around like every other little Chris Brown and Tyga piggybacker. Those Black Cement IIIs though? Cop those. I have an early pair from Zyr12 that I got at the end of August and have wore those things at least twice a week since the start of September. Love them.

OP, you're giving us chinese and canadians a bad name...you're 16, your mom is right about the snapbacks, not a good idea. You're gonna regret buying those less than a year from now. not being able to spend your own money...c'mon son. you were complaining about having a bank account but your mom owned it? it's not that hard to go to the bank and open up your own account.

Just wait till you get in college.. thats when you learn that you might have took a paycheck for granted when you were younger.
Spend some but stack as much as you can at the same time.

Originally Posted by jdiggs

Just wait till you get in college.. thats when you learn that you might have took a paycheck for granted when you were younger.
Spend some but stack as much as you can at the same time.

QFT cuz you never know when you might have to pay some random @$%*@*+! for college

First off your mom sound dumb as hell saying no one told you to work, what is that "teaching" you? You go out and get a job on your own and she basically telling you why you working in the first place. But don't blow your money, spend some but look for deals and def don't go the TI$A route. If you gonna waste your money at least learn to get your moneys worth. You'll find you can get what you want and still save some on the side if your smart, and later on you can get yourself a nice car, or when something comes up you really want youll have the money for it.

But listen to all these replies OP, I bought True Religion jeans like 3 years ago and haven't touched them in over 2.5 hahaha.

Holy crap those snapbacks are ugly.

Buy them op, and hope your mother beats some sense into you.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

She should give the suggestion but not force it on you..but at 16 I had stayed copping the latest kicks. Would do it again too.
i would let him cook too if i was his parents...especially when this is da years when all that materialistic ++%% matters da most..once u go thru that phase you wont regret not

doing it when you older.

do what you want to do with your money, but youre gonna regret spending on on crap like that soon enough. i have so much @%!% like shoes, fitteds, jerseys, etc. that i dont even wear.

oh and...

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

YOU KEEP YOUR MONEY IN PAYPAL?????????????????

why hasnt this been quoted like 18 times? open a bank account, get it the HELL out of Paypal. paypal isnt insured and their customer service is the worst, second to none.

Let him be a kid, yall giving him these grown answers

"save the money for college books"

"you'll regret it when you're older"

laugh.gif
what? just chill

Originally Posted by Chosen One

After seeing the hat you're trying to buy, please aware yourself so you don't get got with a fake TISA.

Cause 9 times out of 10, it will be.

even "real" tisa hats are literally just a 5 dollar embroidery job at lids.....
laugh.gif

i can't even knock Taz's hustle at this point, if someone's that thick headed to pay 500% profit for a snapback that was lying in a warehouse UNWANTED for decades

with a mere 5 dollarish stitchin.... #kayneshrug because fitteds put em outta business then hey, get that cake.

OP I suggest you get some vintage snaps that aren't overpriced.
Hit snapsteez.com or something and cop some really nice vintage snaps and spend a fraction of that price, save the rest of your money, and use it to enjoy life a bit.

Go out with your friends or something with the remainder of your bread. Use it to have a good time while still getting something you want.

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

Let him be a kid, yall giving him these grown answers

"save the money for college books"

"you'll regret it when you're older"

laugh.gif
what? just chill
Word, let him enjoy himself. Not like he's saving up for a car or a house at his age. He'll eventually learn the lesson y'all are throwin at him eventually.

Back
Top Bottom