My parents are not letting me spend my OWN money

Originally Posted by GreyFoxx

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

are you asian?

laugh.gif
 but forreal though what she expect you to spend your money on? get cash and buy reefer man 
pimp.gif

kid probably can't even go see a pg13 movie

She should give the suggestion but not force it on you..but at 16 I had stayed copping the latest kicks. Would do it again too.

Originally Posted by iYen

Originally Posted by th3answ3r

I'm 16, i can ship it to my pal's house but that'd mean I'd have to hide it whenever I'm at home. I'm not even spending ALL the summer earnings. Just a few snapbacks and the black cements and I'll stop spending $.  
She gets all butt hurt when I don't listen to her and she ignores me. 

Save your money bro, later down the line you'll be selling those snapbacks and cements to pay for college books.
blee dat

This. being a broke college student sucks... times are hard man.
tired.gif

Buy the cements then save the rest.

Snapbacks though? Whos mans is this?
roll.gif
roll.gif

My jordans high top
Snapback, fitted cap...

The rolls royce...
It's all white...

Foamposites, the lebrons
Im f'ing with the spikes...

pimp.gif

Honestly OP, your mother is right. I know the American way to think is, "If you have $ you should spend it." Well that can be considered a reckless attitude. She might be trying to teach you the art of saving, which is definitely a skill needed in this world where all you see is other humans just throwing their $ away on the superficial. She just wants you to understand the value of saving, but it might be tough for you to see it because you are looking at it as a personal attack. SHE won't let ME spend MY money. So the message is lost and it then turns into a power struggle.

So listen to her please.

^Yes I'm chinese. But that doesn't matter, I know tons of my friends who do whatever they want.
Means nothing in your household. A parent that lets a kid do whatever they want isn't really looking out for the best interest of the kid. (In my opinion). So don't use what you see in other households as a gauge as to how a household should be. She obviously wants the best for you man. See the bigger picture.

I wish your mom would have told me that instead of my mom telling me what to rock these fitteds with. They collect dust, I'm 24, needing that cash for investments now.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Honestly OP, your mother is right. I know the American way to think is, "If you have $ you should spend it." Well that can be considered a reckless attitude. She might be trying to teach you the art of saving, which is definitely a skill needed in this world where all you see is other humans just throwing their $ away on the superficial. She just wants you to understand the value of saving, but it might be tough for you to see it because you are looking at it as a personal attack. SHE won't let ME spend MY money. So the message is lost and it then turns into a power struggle.

So listen to her please.

Exactly. I remember when I had a job and people asked me to eat out with them all the time, I said no most of the time and they were like "damn man you got a job, throw some money on some food!". They didn't even have jobs yet they were emptying out every nook of their house to buy shoes and ##+!
laugh.gif

OP what I suggest is to wait a couple months before you buy these things. That way you'll see if you really want it. A lot of times you'll find later on you don't even care about them anymore and you'll be glad you didn't spend money on them.

I suggest that you devise a presentation for your mother so she can take you serious. I suggest offering that you would save 75% of each check and only spend 25% of it. That allows her to know that you take this saving thing serious and aren't in e business of blowing it all at foolishness. Writing a contact, sorry, typing a contract would also be more professional.

Some of you are saying, "Why do you have to do all of that." Well his mother won't allow him to spend ANYTHING, so I don't think this suggestion is that off base.

You need to listen to your mother, and save up.
Don't buy the snapbacks haha. I think it's a waste of money.
This is just another fad, and it's going to change.
What's this hat going to do to your life? Nothing.
It'll make you feel special because you have a "cool" hat, but that's all it will do. Nothing else.
It's not some magical hat that'll give you 3 wishes and @+@% out gold bricks. It's a waste of money.
If you buy something, make sure it has some worth to it. Something that'll last and you'll enjoy for a long time.
In 1-2 years from now, will you still be wearing the snapback?
If you want to be "fashionable" you should just stick to styles that are always in style.

OP i feel bad for you paypal me some money and ill send you some snapbacks 
pimp.gif

but if you dont spend the money its ganna hurt you deep inside and when youre like 18 youre ganna try to go and buy

these snapbacks and cement 3s you wanted when you were 16
frown.gif

man this shipping and tax/duty charges is what's making me hesitant from ordering. If the seller mails it, I'll have to go to canada post and pay $ to get it. My mom will trip about it. She nagged me to buy instores but the TI$A ones can't be found in my area.

Tisa%20Snapbacks%20Detroit%20Redwings%20Hats.jpg

300.jpg

can't pass these up.  The red wings cap is really overpriced though
Was about to post the 2Chainz song "I Spend It" and troll the ruck outta this thread, but I saw you were about to get TI$A's.

Now I know everybody says its for hypebeasts, blah blah blah, overpriced and that's why you shouldn't get them but I used to own one and I'll tell you from a consumer's standpoint why you shouldn't get them

1. They're legitimately from the 80s and 90s and they're flimsy and fragile, no need to pay 50-150 dollars plus shipping for a hat that will only last a few months.

2. I spilled tea on mine, tried to wash it in the machine, air dried it, 60 bucks down the drain.

If you earned the money, go ahead and buy the black cements but whatever you do, don't buy the TI$A, you will be regretting that $65+ (minimum) 3 months from now.

Back
Top Bottom