My parents are not letting me spend my OWN money

Originally Posted by kdawg

*looks @ sig*
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by th3answ3r

I'm 16, i can ship it to my pal's house but that'd mean I'd have to hide it whenever I'm at home. I'm not even spending ALL the summer earnings. Just a few snapbacks and the black cements and I'll stop spending $.  
She gets all butt hurt when I don't listen to her and she ignores me. 
listen to your mom kid. you werent even born when snapbacks were in fashion.

Buy a VNDS pair for cheap and buy some used snap backs.... It will cost half of wut your mom thought and u will have what u wanted... Win win

Just do it anyway..its YOUR money that YOU worked for. What's she gonna do? Kick you out over some hats?

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

*looks @ sig*
laugh.gif
Yeah, but I bought that as a souvenir from my trip to Chicago in '95 - not like I spent $100 on one because I was told they were cool.

And I saved for almost 2 years for that 4 month trip...

Originally Posted by cs02132

Just do it anyway..its YOUR money that YOU worked for. What's she gonna do? Kick you out over some hats?
Pretty much. Once it's shipped at your door, she has two options: 1) Let you keep them or 2) Throw them away.

#2 makes no sense at all. She might be mad at you for a few days but she'll get over it.
Also, why don't you just say the stuff the cheaper than what you actually paid. Like for snapbacks, just say you got a deal for them, and for black cements, say you got it for 100 shipped. I doubt most parents know the actual prices of the things their kids buy. I know mine don't
laugh.gif

just spend your money. thats what i did. My dad was against me buying a motorcycle. I bought it anyways cuz its my money.

Man, +%+@ snap backs.

But if that's what you want, you should most definitely be able to spend the money YOU worked for on them.

DO ETTTT!

You guy's saying that down the line he will be thankful just remember this dude is young, let him enjoy his youth. If he earned that money, he should be able to treat himself with a few things. Like he said though, he's not tryna blow it, he just wants a couple things.

Snapbacks are a waste of money assuming you're fixing to spend 50+ dollars on a damn hat in which I know you will since you're 16.

Just save your money and get a car op.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

your soundin like moms right now...I dont even rock snapbacks...but let the kid cop some snapbacks...they're obviously what everybody is rockin right now...go ahead and act like you weren't 16 before

/thread
grown men acting like when they were 16 and didn't need those $100 pair or jordans, they let their parents still waste money on it.

OP

1) You should rent out a P.O box at the post office..
2) Then smuggle items to your house. 

( Only if you about 'dat life'.. )

It's not like i'm spending 6 bills on a goose jacket like everyone at school. 
!@%.gif

I'm 16, i can ship it to my pal's house but that'd mean I'd have to hide it whenever I'm at home. I'm not even spending ALL the summer earnings. Just a few snapbacks and the black cements and I'll stop spending $.  
She gets all butt hurt when I don't listen to her and she ignores me. 

Save your money bro, later down the line you'll be selling those snapbacks and cements to pay for college books.
blee dat

all right I will buy the hat. Last problem being, these eBay sellers aren't accepting non verified paypal users. Now I can't buy anything. smh only way is I put $ in her paypal and get her to buy but that's impossible

I suggest talking to her about giving you access to 25%-50% of each paycheck.

If she lets you spend nothing, your mothers controlling behavior will backfire eventually.

I have seen this same situation play out SOOOOOO many times amongst people I went to school with. 

-Kid makes own money

-Parents wont let him/her spend a dime

-Kid turns 18, moves out , parents give kid access to their money

-Kid  buys EVERY SINGLE  item he/she ever wanted in the past 3 years
laugh.gif

-Kid goes broke in under 2 months

By not letting them spend any of their own money while in HS, these kids blow it all the second they are allowed access to their money.

Financial responsibility is something people need to learn for themselves. A parent cant expect a kid to know how to handle money if that parent has never let the kid touch it.

The fact you got a job on your own accord is a great sign of a good work ethic, and initiative in someone your age. IMO YOU worked for it therefore YOU should be able to spend it.

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

*looks @ sig*
laugh.gif
Yeah, but I bought that as a souvenir from my trip to Chicago in '95 - not like I spent $100 on one because I was told they were cool.

And I saved for almost 2 years for that 4 month trip...

I hope you didn't take that as a some kind of shot.I read your comment and just happened to look at your sig and thought it was funny that you were selling a snapback.

all right I will buy the hat. Last problem being, these eBay sellers aren't accepting non verified paypal users. Now I can't buy anything. smh only way is I put $ in her paypal and get her to buy but that's impossible

Becoming a verified Paypal user is simple.Do you actually have a bank account or does your card have an account & routing number?

terrible, she just ruined my 3 day weekend. I ran home from school to load the vanilla card to my paypal and was looking forward to it.

^Yes I'm chinese. But that doesn't matter, I know tons of my friends who do whatever they want.
You got the traditional asian parents. I went through the same %*@+. My parents fortunately let me drive when I turn 16 so once I got a car, just went out and bought whatever I wanted. If you got the asian parents that won't let you drive, you should just give a friend the cash and let them buy it for you.

No man, I have a bank account but it is owned by my mom. No credit card. Emailed the seller, he said he isn't going to sell it to unverified users.

Back
Top Bottom