Mr. Robot: Wednesdays at 10 PM on USA

Dudes low-key were never built for this show.
:rofl: @ thinking Esmail intended to actually kill Elliot then USA told him not to cuz of ratings as if he just wrote the ep a day before filming.

So much fail. This what happens when you concern yourself with ratings too much and let that inform your opinions on quality.

In this case this kinda reveals the stupidity in thinking Elliot was actually gonna be killed.
Then I guess you shouldn't come back for next season.

Go watch Fear the Walking Dead.

Don't like the season, "not built for the show"

Getting hurt like you wrote it

giphy.gif

Next season is too far away :smh:

Joanna... too many nutjobs on this show :lol:

Tyrell loves Elliot... what? :nerd:

I enjoyed the finale, it set up the plot for next season well. Glad Tyrell is alive and not another personality of Elliott's I really woulda hated that. Complaints about the quality of the season I can understand to some degree, they definitely dragged their feet the entire time Elliott was in jail, especially after folks caught on to it within one episode. They could have used that time filling in Tyrell's story IMO or showing the FBI build their case a bit more instead of them just showing a damn board with everything in the finale.

I'm just happy my man Mobley made it.:pimp:

Saw someone mention in there that they may have been talking about time travel in that final scene. I have to rewatch the whole episode again, but I wouldn't put it past this show. I wouldnt put anything past this show at this point.

Na i doubt that lol. Like the other guy said after your post, i think she found the backdoor & wants to destroy it like Elliott wanted to reverse everything. But if theyre in Phase 3 of the plan already then it maybe too late for all that

And i wonder if Mobleys friend will have anything to do with next season...

Also i aint forget about Vera, he needs to comeback into to the fold somehow lol

Last edited:
only complain i have is angela only getting about 1 minunute of screen time in the finale. season 2 was good, its still better than anything out there imo. see ya all next season 8)

When Tyrell said he loves Elliot my reaction was, "wtf?"

elliot had him feeling godly. He probably loves elliot more than he ever loved joanna.

It's crazy to see how F**KD in the head Elliot is. I mean he commited him self and got shot!! Just cuz he has no grip on reality.
This show is great.
It's AWESOME!!!

He does have a mental disease / disorder. Didn't they say in season 1 he had schizophrenia? He tried to take meds earlier this season but mr robot had him puking it up.

I thought mobley and that girl ran off on their own and didn't talk to the feds. Did she say mobley's friend was the one who hooked them up with those jobs? I wasn't listening closely.
Yah, i dont think they snitched. 
Also - how are they going to have hella long episodes during the season but the finale is only 53 minutes [emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji]
Zactly. 
sick.gif

When Tyrell said he loves Elliot my reaction was, "wtf?"
laugh.gif
 Same thing i thought.

I enjoyed both seasons so far. Cant wait for 3.

elliot had him feeling godly. He probably loves elliot more than he ever loved joanna.
He does have a mental disease / disorder. Didn't they say in season 1 he had schizophrenia? He tried to take meds earlier this season but mr robot had him puking it up.

No doubt with the mental issues. It was just crazy to see, he had lost reality again. To the point he couldn't trust what his eyes saw.
Like his fathers grave yard sence end of season 1. Season 2 finale he's shot over what he can't trust his own mind!
It's like he got OWND by himself, Truly FKD in the head. I hate watching TV like this, I just want to binge it!!! Ugh
Dope so far really can't wait till next yr!

Mr. Robot’ Season 2 Finale: Sam Esmail On Shocking Twist & Possible Donald Trump Season 3 Impact

SPOILER ALERT: This story contains details of tonight’s Mr. Robot Season 2 finale. There’s a scene in tonight’s season 2 finale of Mr. Robot “eps2.9_pyth0n-pt2.p7z” where Elliot Alderson’s (Rami Malek) hacker sister Darlene (Carly Chaikin) sits locked in a Q&A room across from FBI agents Dom DiPierro (Grace Gummer) and Santiago (Omar Metwally). She’s just lost her boyfriend Cisco in a restaurant shootout. In shielding questions, Darlene evokes the Fifth Amendment until Santiago informs her that the Patriot Act supersedes her rights since she is “an enemy combatant.”
'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Finale Epilogue: Can Two Hackers Prevent A National Recession?

robot-2

Having weathered a similar terrorist incident in China, the Feds believe that Darlene is linked to the fsociety militants behind the huge 5/9 hack that’s thrown the United States and its biggest conglom E Corp into a financial nosedive (events largely inspired by the 2008-09 economic collapse). Already, as seen in the finale’s epilogue, two of Darlene’s hacking associates, Mobley (Azhar Khan) and Trenton (Sunita Mani), the latter a female Muslim, have fled from New York City to what appears to be Burbank, CA Phoenix where they’re posing as Fry’s Electronics clerks. Trenton no longer wears the hijab we’ve seen her in throughout the series. The time is August 2015 and President Obama has declared that Tyrell Wellick (Martin Wallstrom)–who has been missing all season–is responsible for this mess. Mobley and Trenton think they can reverse the impact of 5/9.

That’s just some of the hell that our Mr. Robot protagonists are currently weathering. But as Mr. Robot season 3 extends into the first half of 2016, before the November election, it will be intriguing to see how the nation’s radically-changing socio-political landscape will impact their lives.

Related
‘Mr. Robot’ Finale: Series Creator On White Rose, The Wellicks & Elliot’s Memory Dump In Season 2

“The sentiment and the outrage and the support of Donald Trump; the groundswell by which he rose to become the Republican nominee, that sort of atmosphere is going to be used in the Mr. Robot universe and amplified by this great economic collapse which is happening like a slow car accident. What you’re seeing is the events that stoked those (Trump-like) sentiments,” says Esmail who is heading back to the writers room soon and will continue to direct all of season 3’s episodes, just like he did in season 2. In the Emmy press room on Sunday, Malek dropped the news that he already shot a scene for season 3.

“There will be a lot of overlap,” Esmail says about melding current events into Mr. Robot season 3, “the increased terrorism and domestic violence that has gone on, a lot of that will play into the Mr. Robot universe.”

Christian Slater - Sam Esmail - Rami Malek - Mr. Robot.jpeg

Recent episodes of Mr. Robot call to mind quite prominently the late 2014 Sony Hack. While Sony was rumored to be plagued by North Korean and U.S. hackers, on Mr. Robot E Corp is undermined by a partnership between a Chinese group (The Dark Army) and Elliot’s fsociety. Instead of the U.S. government bailing E-Corp out, it’s China with an interest-free $2 trillion loan. Pulling the strings behind the scenes is the Dark Army’s transgender leader Whiterose (B.D. Wong), who E Corp believes is an ally when she’s dressed as a man. Esmail and his writing and tech staff, “already knew a big hack like Sony’s was possible before it occurred. The Sony Hack validated the stakes to the public eye,” adds the creator.

“The next world war won’t be fought with nukes, but with information, economics and corporate warfare,” said Esmail, “That’s the pool we’re trying to swim in. China getting involved with E Corp and saving it; the impact of something like that is so much different than drones and missiles being launched. It’s more psychological and cultural.”

While season 1 dealt with Elliot’s self awareness, season 2 with revolution, Esmail tells Deadline that season 3 will be about “Disintegration” as Elliot and his figment-of-his- imagination-father Mr. Robot split further apart against the nation’s recession.

Related
Sam Esmail & Rami Malek On ‘Mr. Robot’s Season 2 Revolution

trenton-and-mobley

Critics likened season 1 of Mr. Robot to Stanley Kubrick’s canon and David Fincher’s Fight Club, but with its subtle hints and McGuffins, season 2 is arguably an homage to Bryan Singer’s The Usual Suspects with its continued jawdropping reveals, i.e. we shockingly learn that Elliot has been imprisoned throughout most of the season, and finally tonight we receive clarity that Tyrell is absolutely alive and has been hiding from the government. For a moment, Mr. Robot convinced Elliot that he shot Tyrell. Even fans were convinced of this after after Elliot retrieved a gun out of the Coney Island popcorn machine in this season’s first episode. “Mr. Robot lied,” explains Esmail, “Elliot is convinced up until the end that Tyrell isn’t real, and it took a gunshot (by Tyrell) to snap him back into reality.”

Also in tonight’s episode: Elliot tells Tyrell that his wife Joanna is looking for him. Will they finally reunite next season? “Potentially” teases Esmail.

However, there’s a bomb that’s poised to level an E Corp building at the onset of season 3 that’s part of a second phase plan by the Dark Army, Tyrell and Mr. Robot. Even Angela (Portia Doubleday) is in on it. When Elliot tries to thwart the plan, Tyrell shoots him. Joanna has been beaten up by E Corp CTO Scott Knowles, who has been holding Tyrell’s severance package hostage. But she’s planning to frame him for Tyrell’s disappearance. Darlene’s fate rests in the hands of Agent Dom, who is hellbent on finding Elliot and Tyrell, the architects of the 5/9 hack.

Rami Malek

Ever since Mr. Robot‘s season 1 ended a year ago, USA has been non-stop in its promotion of Mr. Robot, with Esmail and the cast literally jumping into 2015 year-end awards PR cycle. After winning Golden Globe for best drama and actor Christian Slater, team Mr. Robot‘s hard work continued to pay off as Malek broke Emmy form, taking the lead actor drama trophy; a win which rarely occurs with first-time nominees on a new show. In addition, Mr. Robot won best dramatic score and earned USA its first drama series Emmy nomination.

“It’s well deserved,” says Esmail about Malek’s win. “The only way that the Emmy win influences anything in the writers’ room is that it validates what we already know and that is Rami is an amazing actor. The win doesn’t weigh on our creative direction of the show; we have a lot of integrity and try to be honest with the story line and the journey of Elliot.”

Wow. If last season was a 10 this season was a 9 for me. Slight dropoff but still amazing.
Really looking forward to next season and thankful if was renewed.
Thats all.

basically stayed offline until i got to watch the ep this morning. finale was great man. the scene between dom and angela building to the chart reveal was so good. it's the interpersonal interplay that actually takes the unique material to such a high level. i stand by my words - nothing is touching this show right now.

Last edited:
Just finished season 1. Season 2 is not catching my attention though. I figured the twist out early for the first season and I still enjoyed it.

No. I just finished season 1. Now I'm on episode 2 of season 2 and I'm losing interest in these characters.

action picks up around episode 5 but i loved season 2 from beginning to end.

season 2 >>>> season 1

i like that elliot compartmentalizes himself from mr robot like separate terrorist cells that operate knowing only pieces of the puzzle. this season went way beyond the season 1 plot twist and really added depth to the characters.

Last edited:
only complain i have is angela only getting about 1 minunute of screen time in the finale. season 2 was good, its still better than anything out there imo. see ya all next season
glasses.gif
Halt and Catch Fire is better than this.

I'll stop there for now.

i'm almost caught up through the most recent eps of season 3 of halt and catch fire and i disagree. that show is above average. halt is the only show i've ever binge watched and not skipped the theme song though.

I never skip theme songs anymore.

I got hooked on Nip Tuck back in the day and started enjoying Themes. I always let them play.

Mad Men theme was GOAT

Last edited:
Season 2 is the superior season to me. Better acting, better writing. Still the same great choice of soundtrack :smokin

only complain i have is angela only getting about 1 minunute of screen time in the finale. season 2 was good, its still better than anything out there imo. see ya all next season 8)
Halt and Catch Fire is better than this.

I'll stop there for now.
Completely lost interest in that show. What goes on with Joe now just bores me. Probably be more interesting if he did have HIV.

Struggling for my attention and loses to Atlanta.

I basically peak in to keep up.

Can't agree that is better than Mr. Robot in main areas. Pretty far behind it the more I think about it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom