most dangerious neighborhoods in 2013

Htf is livernois n chicago #1 tho? Thats not even top 3 worse in detroit

OH MY GOD!!!!!

#6 is my hood....like.....i'm posting this from said neighborhood right now.

i knew it was wild out here, but DAMN!

Baltimore done fell off.
laugh.gif
 was thinkin the same like, 'damn where my stompin grounds at'

certain parts of baltimore have everything to gain from DC becoming more expensive being a cheaper alternative.

spots that are close to the Camden and Penn lines will will/are becoming an option for people who commute to DC.

you can get a decent rowhouse in somewhere like Pigtown (behind the stadiums where the Camden line originates) for a lot less than a house in or near DC
yo my friend's wife used to live in pigtown, loved it.  nice litlte neighborhood

anybody else go straight to google maps and streetview some of these areas?  so fun
laugh.gif

walking through the hoods in the comfort of my office, while sipping a coffee....walking down a one way street the wrong way.
laugh.gif

glad to see dc and bmore not on the list.

[h1]25 Most Dangerous Neighborhoods in America 2013[/h1]

20090805-danger1.jpg

The website NeighborhoodScout used FBI and other data to determine the top 25 neighborhoods in America that have the highest predicted rates of violent crime per 1,000 neighborhood residents. Violent crimes, in their definition, includes “murder, forcible rape, armed robbery, and aggravated assault.”
1. Detroit, MI (W Chicago / Livernois Ave) Found within zip codes: 48204
02. Detroit, MI (Mack Ave / Helen St) Found within zip codes: 48207
03. Detroit, MI (Gratiot Ave / Rosemary) Found within zip codes: 48213, 48205
04. Chicago, IL (S Halsted St / W 77th St) Found within zip codes: 60620
05. Spartanburg, SC (Washington Heights) Found within zip codes: 29306
06. Houston, TX (Scott St / Wilmington St) Found within zip codes: 77051
07. Detroit, MI (Wyoming St / Orangelawn St) Found within zip codes: 48204
08. Greenville, SC (Woodside) Found within zip codes: 29611
09. Atlanta, GA (Hopkins St SE / Adair Ave SE) Found within zip codes: 30315
10. Saginaw, MI (E Holland Ave / E Genesee Ave) Found within zip codes: 48601
11. Memphis, TN (E Eh Crump Blvd / S 4th St) Found within zip codes: 38126
12. St. Louis, MO (Delmar Blvd / N Euclid Ave) Found within zip codes: 63113, 63108
13. Chicago, IL (S Homan Ave / W Roosevelt Rd) Found within zip codes: 60623
14. Rockford, IL (Kishwaukee St / Grove St) Found within zip codes: 61104
15. Houston, TX (Sauer St / Mcgowen St) Found within zip codes: 77004, 77003
16. Chicago, IL (S Ashland Ave / W 76th St) Found within zip codes: 60620
17. Indianapolis, IN (N Meridian St / E 34th St) Found within zip codes: 46208, 46205
18. Nashville, TN (8th Ave S / Wedgewood Ave) Found within zip codes: 37203
19. Flint, MI (Chambers St / Stonegate Dr) Found within zip codes: 48507
20. Indianapolis, IN (North Indianapolis) Found within zip codes: 46208
21. West Memphis, AR (E Broadway St / Stuart Ave) Found within zip codes: 72301
22. St. Louis, MO (Cass Ave / N 9th St) Found within zip codes: 63106, 63102, 63101
23. Memphis, TN (Saint Paul Ave / Walnut St) Found within zip codes: 38126
24. Tulsa, OK (E Apache St / N Quaker Ave) Found within zip codes: 74106, 74110
25. Chicago, IL (S Indiana Ave / E 60th St) Found within zip codes: 60637

currently 10 seconds away from here

DC hasnt been bad for a while

in ten or so years EVERYTHING in the District will be gentrified even East of the River. H street corridor is already seeing development like crazy and with the the streetcar line opening to Union station, its only going to get more expensive. the Benning line will get those areas much more development as well. there are only a few pockets of cheap(er) areas to live within the District's borders. it already has one of, if not the highest, income gaps in the country. 

for the MD side, the Wheaton-Langley Park-Hyattsville stretch on university blvd will see lots of new development because of the Purple Line. they already put those new town homes and condos up near Wheaton station.

the average housing price in the District is 450k and rising.
sick.gif
DC is going to be become the east coast SF, already sort of is. nice place to stay for a bit but way too expensive to live anywhere worth while, unless you are making 100k+, which a good amount of people already are.
Thats what I was gonna say. Northern VA is getting even more expensive. People gonna start moving down south.. I heard NC is nice.

No Philly :smokin :smokin I'm actually shocked Camden, NJ didn't crack the top 25 though. Detroit :x :x :x:x Must be a straight battleground up there

Edit: When you look at the most dangerous cities list Camden is sitting at # 2 :lol: :smh: ....:wow: at Philly being safer than Buffalo NY though

Last edited:
fellas remember, its neighborhoods, not necessarily da entire city (hence y detroit is up multiple times)

there's completely different list for entire cities.

[h1]25 Most Dangerous Neighborhoods in America 2013[/h1]

20090805-danger1.jpg

The website NeighborhoodScout used FBI and other data to determine the top 25 neighborhoods in America that have the highest predicted rates of violent crime per 1,000 neighborhood residents. Violent crimes, in their definition, includes “murder, forcible rape, armed robbery, and aggravated assault.”
11. Memphis, TN (E Eh Crump Blvd / S 4th St) Found within zip codes: 38126
12. St. Louis, MO (Delmar Blvd / N Euclid Ave) Found within zip codes: 63113, 63108
21. West Memphis, AR (E Broadway St / Stuart Ave) Found within zip codes: 72301
22. St. Louis, MO (Cass Ave / N 9th St) Found within zip codes: 63106, 63102, 63101
23. Memphis, TN (Saint Paul Ave / Walnut St) Found within zip codes: 38126

:nthat:

M-town.. Stl... my 2 homes.

:smh:

Four Detroit neighborhoods in the top 10.

Interestingly, two of those are in the same zip code (48204). Lived right next to there for a few summers (Greenfield/Grand River; 48227).

Some people are surprised that the Wyoming/Orangelawn and Chicago/Livernois areas are up there (these are the two areas that I was close to; zip code 48204). However, I'm not surprised... any of the areas right by any of those freeways that go through the city are the worst of the worst. In this case, you basically are right next to the Jefferies freeway, with the Ford freeway right there, too. The streets right next to any of these freeways are vacant; it's so weird getting off the freeway at an exit anywhere in the middle of Detroit, because it's so dead. In terms of businesses, so many of them are closed down in this area. Just a bad place.

I know the east side is worse, and I expected nothing less than to see Mack and Gratiot listed (Grand and Jefferson are the others I was expecting, but I guess they may have been grouped in with those other two in some way). So, you pretty much have the middle of Detroit and the east side of Detroit represented here. But don't underestimate the west side of Detroit, either (wouldn't have been surprised to see an area like Brightmoor on there... listed as somewhere around Lyndon and Lahser or Outer Drive).

Back
Top Bottom