most dangerious neighborhoods in 2013

id still pick chicago over just about anywhere else in the us doe...i miss it 
frown.gif

Last edited:
Indy has bad neighborhoods? News to me.

I'm assuming you're talking about Indiana, if so ever heard of Gary, shawn kemps home town.
last time they posted on general about some kid getting murdered over his Jordans.

Plus you got to realize it's near Chicago so....

Crappy part is I'm moving to either Spartanburg or Greenville in 3 months... :smh: Welcome to Mordor.

Greeneville is NICE.

Spartanburg is not lol.

When I visited a few houses in the area I actually preferred Spartanburg over GVille. I start work at the BMW plant Tuesday and after 90 days I plan on looking into housing so my family can finally move out to be with me. But I was looking at more of the Boiling Springs area of Spartanburg. I definitely don't want to live in Duncan or Greer. Places looked like redneck ghost towns with nothing to do.

I live in North Charleston, South Carolina.. im surprised it didn't make the list.. one neighborhood did last year

2 SC cities in the Top 10 tho
sick.gif

I'm assuming you're talking about Indiana, if so ever heard of Gary, shawn kemps home town.
last time they posted on general about some kid getting murdered over his Jordans.

Indianapolis.

i really expected to see NY on there but man those other places arent doing to well... my pops told me chicago was bad but i had no idea :smh:

Naaaaw, Gary hasn't been bad for years. It had a little stretch after they tore down the projects on the Southside of Chicago where all the hood nonsense from those highrises shifted to Gary. But now it's basically a ghost town. It doesn't look pretty, but it's not dangerous by any means. My moms works in the hospital in Gary, and has never had problems. I'm also there a lot and haven't experienced any ****. I live in Indianapolis now, and the worst that happens is people's cars or houses getting broken into. Not a lot of violence or anything. Mind ya business, lock your ****, and you'll be straight!

I'm shocked not to see East St. Louis, Gary, or Camden on this list. The methodology used to compile the list seems pretty sound but those cities have astronomical rates of violence and I don't see how they could not have at least one slot each on the list. Same with Baltimore and Philly, to a lesser extent. New Orleans may be excluded due to reporting issues which they have been having since Katrina...

I live right up the street from one of the places listen for Chicago...

I'm shocked not to see East St. Louis, Gary, or Camden on this list. The methodology used to compile the list seems pretty sound but those cities have astronomical rates of violence and I don't see how they could not have at least one slot each on the list. Same with Baltimore and Philly, to a lesser extent. New Orleans may be excluded due to reporting issues which they have been having since Katrina...

It seems as if they are using bigger cities

It seems as if they are using bigger cities

I thought so as well, but according to their methods for calculating these rankings, they looked at all census tracts across the country with more than 800 residents (a typical census tract has about 4,000 residents). Also, they included West Memphis which has a population of only about 26,000.

But again, I cannot fathom places like East St. Louis or GI being left off this list. I mean, the homicide rate for East St. Louis in 2010 was 77.8. By comparison, the homicide rate for Chicago was 16. In other words, the Boogie had a murder rate almost five times higher than Chicago's...

Naaaaw, Gary hasn't been bad for years. It had a little stretch after they tore down the projects on the Southside of Chicago where all the hood nonsense from those highrises shifted to Gary. But now it's basically a ghost town. It doesn't look pretty, but it's not dangerous by any means. My moms works in the hospital in Gary, and has never had problems. I'm also there a lot and haven't experienced any ****. I live in Indianapolis now, and the worst that happens is people's cars or houses getting broken into. Not a lot of violence or anything. Mind ya business, lock your ****, and you'll be straight!

The homicide rate for the GI was 64.8 in 2010, which was more than four times greater than Chicago's rate of 16 and one of the highest in the entire country...

when you google stuff bout baltimore it still looks like a mini detroit...guess that Washington DC money spreading out though.
B More ain't part of the DMV. We don't claim them and they don't claim us.  B more is its own planet and STILL bad as hell.

yea word something wrong if bmore AND philly ain't on this list. north philly still on that ******** :smh:

st louis gets it in like that tho?

St. Louis is among the most dangerous cities in the country every year, if not at the top of the list and their homicide rate is usually second only to New Orleans. It's extremely wild out there...

No Camden, NJ?

Surprised they havent made the list. Newark, NJ also

DC gentrification is alive and well. Anytime you have White People walking their dogs along H Street NE during the evening, that says something. 2-4 years ago they wouldn't be anywhere near NE.

Brookland, RI Ave, and even Minnesota Ave near the Metro is getting gentrified. Soon Anacostia and Congress Heights will be seeing a complete overhaul. Unfortunately, its pushing the low income areas into PG County, where we get deemed as having the most crime in MD, bad school system, and highest taxes for subpar services.

Last edited:
when you google stuff bout baltimore it still looks like a mini detroit...guess that Washington DC money spreading out though.
B More ain't part of the DMV. We don't claim them and they don't claim us.  B more is its own planet and STILL bad as hell.

yea word something wrong if bmore AND philly ain't on this list. north philly still on that ******** :smh:

st louis gets it in like that tho?

St. Louis is among the most dangerous cities in the country every year, if not at the top of the list and their homicide rate is usually second only to New Orleans. It's extremely wild out there...

yo thats crazy, i never heard of st louis being like that. i went there for a NSBE conf a few years ago @ the conv center there. found the city to be MAD boring. didn't look hood tho, but then again i never really explored.

Back
Top Bottom