Missing Person Gabby Petito Case Thread

What makes this missing person's case more special than the others?

Besides the White Chicks comments I have no idea why this is national news. Atleast it is national news, theres probably thousands of cases that deserve national headlines but wont ever be anything but a local police search. Instead of people pushing it down, use it as something to spread more awareness and have other cases be headliner.

Besides the White Chicks comments I have no idea why this is national news. Atleast it is national news, theres probably thousands of cases that deserve national headlines but wont ever be anything but a local police search. Instead of people pushing it down, use it as something to spread more awareness and have other cases be headliner.
That's really not how missing person cases work.

Most ppl tend to treat it as a murder mystery to be solved and then move on from it, especially if it doesn't have a resolution.

One case getting attention does not lead to the thousands of others suddenly getting the equal amount of attention and focus.

Smh, terrible situation. As previously mentioned the treatment of the BF is privilege personified.

Who remembers that (yt) lady who killed her husband...killed the guy that killed her husband...and ran off with a new dude to like Hawaii or something? Story probably came out a year or two before the pandemic.

That's really not how missing person cases work.

Most ppl tend to treat it as a murder mystery to be solved and then move on from it, especially if it doesn't have a resolution.

One case getting attention does not lead to the thousands of others suddenly getting the equal amount of attention and focus.

Well thats the point of spreading awareness so that isnt the norm.

Awareness of what? I'm pretty sure ppl are aware that ppl can and do go missing.

I was wondering why ppl have latched on to this specific case as if there aren't hundreds of others including children.

Basically just have bigger and more frequent headlines on stuff like this. Aweareness make not have been the best term to use.

Smh, terrible situation. As previously mentioned the treatment of the BF is privilege personified.

Who remembers that (yt) lady who killed her husband...killed the guy that killed her husband...and ran off with a new dude to like Hawaii or something? Story probably came out a year or two before the pandemic.

killed her kids too

Search dogs were called off after the coroner arrived. Probably is her though also read 3 other people were reported missing in that area (not the same time frame, just in general).

Press conf just said the remains are consistent with her description. They’re waiting for a forensics conf and cause of death.

The term “human remains” was used rather than “a body”.. I can’t imagine how bad decomp got after weeks of sitting in a campground.

Back
Top Bottom