Missing Person Gabby Petito Case Thread

This is exactly what I'm trying to tell y'all. A white woman goes missing and we're leaving no rock unturned to find her, but if a minority woman goes missing? It doesn't even make the news.

Do y'all know how many minorities goes missing everyday?

The media is scum y'all. They want the public to sympathize with white folks. I'm sick and tired of this ****.

I wish I could rep this more than once.

This outrage over a missing white women and how only white women are the focus, is off base. Because the people complaining are going to go back to not caring instead of doing anything about it. Are they going to do more to promote other missing persons?

So she's been the only white girl who's been missing over the past month?

It's more than race, and often it's status and money. They have the resources to publicize their missing person.

Fam got a head start and is still in Florida
dahell2.png

You don't really get cool points harping on how other people go missing around the news of an actual dead person, especially one whose social media following was what really drove this to popularity. Just take a breath and move on or do the thing you're complaining about elsewhere.

She has a following that started the buzz and the news caught wind and figured it had potential to be a big story. They didn't randomly choose this as the one to focus on. Popular people get special treatment in America. That's just how it is.

I think Magic33 Magic33 made a good point - resources, network, stature has some what to do with it.

Let my daughter comes up missing, I'm harassing the media every day to blast it. Every last dollar I have would be getting that info out there including calling all my political connections.

Some folks don't have the means and resources.

The youtube channel only had like 6,000 subs. Not a big account by any means the media ran with it because of her appearance. But y'all are right it is what it is.

What intrigues me the MOST is how the boyfriend was given the presumption of innocence that's a whole different set of can of worms but I can't really be surprised cops are letting a domestic abuser walk. Birds of a feather and what not.

Well, if they went camping then they for sure have misled the police and helped their son get a head start on disappearing.
They’re not going to find him anytime soon.

There was an argument in a restaurant on Aug 27th.

"A couple from Louisiana who were vacationing in Jackson, Wyoming, last month said Wednesday they saw an incident involving Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie in a restaurant in one of the last sightings of Petito before her death.

Nina Angelo told CNN on Wednesday that she and her boyfriend, Matt England, saw a "commotion" as Petito and Laundrie were leaving The Merry Piglets Tex-Mex restaurant on August 27.

Angelo said Petito was in tears and Laundrie was visibly angry, going into and out of the restaurant several times, continuing to show anger toward the staff around the hostess stand."

The odd thing is that there was no communication between their parents. You would think an adult would notify their son's fiancé's parents that she was missing.

The fact that they didn't do that immediately, makes me believe that they were in on the whole thing. Terrible.

Then I saw a couple of tweets from newsreporters that it looks like the parents left the home?

Y’all STILL crying about this being in the news huh? Weird I can’t find y’all posting about other missing people (minorities).

Anyway, it looks like the body found was identified as Jelani Days :smh:

2BD5582C-5131-4E21-A06C-BCB072971498.jpeg
Thanks for this

Y’all STILL crying about this being in the news huh? Weird I can’t find y’all posting about other missing people (minorities).
So not posting on NT = not making mention of it any place else on the internet? :lol:

I guess it's fair to ask why some are upset others are questioning the publicity. What bothers you about it?

Anyway, it looks like the body found was identified as Jelani Days :smh:

2BD5582C-5131-4E21-A06C-BCB072971498.jpeg
I see a sarcastic post from Meth in your future…

Back
Top Bottom