Missing Person Gabby Petito Case Thread

To everyone saying that lots of other missing people getting no attention. If it really bothers you that much maybe use your voice and actions and speak up for those missing rather than complain that this girl gets too much attention.
We all know a big reason it's getting major attention on traditional media is because she's white but we know that's how it is. Seems they're mad that nt and a lot on social media are following this case closely. They're following it because they want to. Nothing is stopping them from making threads about missing people they want attention for.

This is exactly what I'm trying to tell y'all. A white woman goes missing and we're leaving no rock unturned to find her, but if a minority woman goes missing? It doesn't even make the news.

Do y'all know how many minorities goes missing everyday?

The media is scum y'all. They want the public to sympathize with white folks. I'm sick and tired of this ****.
Preach!!!

I been avoiding all topics on YouTube about this women just because it’s sickens me how much they value white women in this world.

Ain't this the truth. Going back on my earlier post about how animals were more brazen during the lockdown last year. One night, I was making a drink in my kitchen and saw two pairs of reflective eyes walking around my deck. I thought the kids left our yorkies outside again, so I went to open the door and the when motion sensor lights came on, they were two raccoons. Had me like

giphy.gif

I've NEVER seen real life raccoons in my life and was just disgusted. These guys are pretty BIG. But what made it funny was that they were both standing still like they were waiting for me to fully open the door to let them in. Two big *** raccoons frozen still and we were all waiting to see who made the first move. I finally just started stomping and making loud noises to try to scurry them away and they never once moved a muscle. I guess they eventually got tired because these mofo's looked at each other and just casually walked away all calm like nothing even happened. Never saw those two again and hope I never will but I still get shudders when I think about those faces with those bandits lines around their eyes:lol:

:lol:

Raccoons was looking at you like:

6A86DBC2-AE74-4A7F-BB24-A83796107AFF.gif

how long can he actually survive out in the wilderness? i thought he's going to be able to leave the country without someone turning him in

All depends on how prepared/committed he is and how much experience he has.

It's not like only white people been paying attention to this. Non-whites can post about missing minorities on their tiktoks and youtubes as well.

We all know a big reason it's getting major attention on traditional media is because she's white but we know that's how it is. Seems they're mad that nt and a lot on social media are following this case closely. They're following it because they want to. Nothing is stopping them from making threads about missing people they want attention for.

They only “care” about the other missing people when it’s convenient for them to complain about it *shrug*

But to be honest, idk why it even needs to be stated. True crime followers are from all races and find interest in most cases that are developing like this. As I said multiple times now I followed the Elisa Lam case when it happened and she wasn’t white. But it never occurred to me that race should play any role in what case I find interesting / should follow. If it needs to be stated: this girl didn’t get a thread in General by me because she’s white. I’ve already explained my reasons in the thread but I won’t really discuss this point outside of this post.

Tbh most missing person cases are not interesting. Usually they just tell you person was last seen at X area, or last seen driving Y car and not much more versus an engaged couple who is traveling across country and boyfriend drives back home alone (multi day trip) and not a word to anyone else on what happened to girlfriend.

Fwiw I have the citizen app on my phone and they usually post whenever there is someone reported missing in the local area

No issue with those who want to question the attention this is getting.

I'm not saying they should promote the idea that this shouldn't get attention but to question what factors led to this being publicized to this magnitude is understandable. Not sure why anyone is upset at people questioning it, unless the real reason is you just having an aversion to race being brought up, then that's another issue you have.

Social media is obviously a driving force, but wasn't for most of the other cases that have garnered national attention decades ago when news outlets were people's only source for this info.

But to be honest, idk why it even needs to be stated. True crime followers are from all races and find interest in most cases that are developing like this. As I said multiple times now I followed the Elisa Lam case when it happened and she wasn’t white. But it never occurred to me that race should play any role in what case I find interesting / should follow. If it needs to be stated: this girl didn’t get a thread in General by me because she’s white. I’ve already explained my reasons in the thread but I won’t really discuss this point outside of this post.

That Elisa Lam case was eerie. Will always wonder how her body wound up in that water tank.

Tbh every once in awhile a random missing person case makes the National news. Just like Chris Watt and Drew Peterson about 2-3 times :lol:

Elisa’s case got big news cause the elevator footage was wild creepy. Guaranteed if there wasnt for that footage then it woudnt be any kind of news.

But they won't, and he'll be taken in alive and get those weirdo criminal follower women's adoration. I knew one of em in school. We're doing reports talking about crime and she's describing a killer like she's falling in love. Creepy as ****.

Also, I'm almost nostalgic for the days I was naive enough to think there's no way something wasn't about race in America. It's at the core of how American Society operates in hundreds of ways, including this one.

But I still remember when I thought it just couldn't be. I was young. I really should have known better, but like some people here, I was thinking the same simple things. It's really going to suck when that realization hits that yes, America is jacked up in so many ways. Like think about how if you would have said 10 years ago that there'd be a disease killing millions around the world and when a vaccine came about, that a huge number of people would claim it was a hoax, take horse dewormer, etc, even as their family members died or they themselves got it and started to decline and die.

It's a ****** realization to have, but it'll come to you one day. People suck. And race in America is one of the ways people have sucked. For like, centuries :lol:

Dude isn’t gonna last on the lamb much longer, even if somebody is sheltering him and supplying food & water. He’s “captured” the nation’s attention…plus, they gotta get his interrogation/confession on tape for these book/movie deals and 20/20 specials.

Back
Top Bottom