Missing Person Gabby Petito Case Thread

That's thread worthy. Would you tell on your close friend/relative for a certain crime.
Depends on the crime. If it's something really severe like sexual assault, domestic violence, ... then sure, put me on the stand.

Im so American, im laughing at the fact you think domestic violence is severe. :smh: You know how much of THAT **** goes on here?
It's common everywhere, though there's varying degrees of domestic abuse obviously. A heated argument that got mildly physical obviously isn't the same as repeated full-on beatings. Either way that's not really something you can 'snitch' on unless the victim goes to the police, asks help and you know something that could be of help. You shouldn't and can't really get in someone's business like that unless they ask for help.

Depends on the crime. If it's something really severe like sexual assault, domestic violence, ... then sure, put me on the stand.
I would give my two cents to the directly to the victim, if they choose not to listen, I leave it alone. Like if it's a neighbor, I would ask if they're okay and they respond with "everything is fine". I would keep it moving. Now if I hear someone getting battered next door, I would warn them, than call if they keep at it.

Im so American, im laughing at the fact you think domestic violence is severe. :smh: You know how much of THAT **** goes on here?
Doesn't mean it's not severe or messed up. Sometimes it's long term abuse and if the victim is a female it wouldn't be a shock if she ends up dead.

20210921_123557.jpg

Screenshot_20210921-123153_Chrome.jpg

This is exactly what I'm trying to tell y'all. A white woman goes missing and we're leaving no rock unturned to find her, but if a minority woman goes missing? It doesn't even make the news.

Do y'all know how many minorities goes missing everyday?

The media is scum y'all. They want the public to sympathize with white folks. I'm sick and tired of this ****.

To make it so bad, it’s painfully obvious what happened but we gonna sit around and act like its some giant mystery.

I noticed most of the time minorities get local coverage on my local news. For example ABC 7 NY would show a "protect our children" ad during their broadcast.

In the example above its a mix of races. But usually when I watch 5pm it's mostly minorities.

And most of the time white people get the broad national coverage. Like CNN/Fox News level.

Didn’t make the thread from a standpoint of caring about the girl, she’s a stranger to me. It’s sad what happened, but as it’s been pointed out people go missing all the time.

I’m personally more intrigued in the peculiarity of the case and seeing how it all goes down, plus I got tired of sifting through the posts in TAN to find posts about this.

I am curious as to why you’re surprised, though.

giphy.gif

no big reason...nothing wrong with it honestly. just figured as you said, people go missing all the time, kids get snatched etc....media picks and choose when it wants to cover any of that and almost always lands on some white girl. didn't think this was any different. but i haven't really followed the case, so idk maybe it is interesting.

It does always make me uncomfortable when I hear them referred to as wife beaters. It’s such normal place to call it that, I didn’t even realize it really meant wife beaters until I was old enough to piece it together. Really hope that title goes away someday

caught myself when my at the time 3 year old asked me why it was called that and what does it mean. Now we use undershirt

This is exactly what I'm trying to tell y'all. A white woman goes missing and we're leaving no rock unturned to find her, but if a minority woman goes missing? It doesn't even make the news.

Do y'all know how many minorities goes missing everyday?

The media is scum y'all. They want the public to sympathize with white folks. I'm sick and tired of this ****.
Patrice O'Neal knew.

Don’t understand the hype behind this chick

This case is big news right now obviously because it’s a young white women. The thing is though other young white women have gone missing before so some might ask what’s the big deal about this one.

I think the reason behind the big media push behind this particular case is because with the focus of white conservatives/Republicans trying to ban or limit abortions (the state of Texas) white people need all the white people they can get. Most likely in their eyes they probably see betrayal by the white boyfriend killing his white girlfriend. That’s another number taken away from the white race. Just a few weeks ago there was a thread on the number/percentage of white people in this country decreasing. Long story short white people don’t want to see anymore white on white crime. That’s one less white woman to give birth to a white child.

Back
Top Bottom