Miami Fans have Ruined Basketball for Me

Originally Posted by DubA169

what is "savy" about a few buddies teaming up to make competition easier for themselves?

if they want a championship badly, why would they make it HARDER on themselves?

Showtime Lakers fans -> Chicago Bulls fans -> Shaq/Kobe Lakers Fans -> Cleveland Cavaliers fans -> Miami Heat fans.

It's just a trend. Someday those Heat fans will turn into another kind of "fan."

Showtime Lakers fans -> Chicago Bulls fans -> Shaq/Kobe Lakers Fans -> Cleveland Cavaliers fans -> Miami Heat fans.

It's just a trend. Someday those Heat fans will turn into another kind of "fan."

laugh.gif
 reminds me of this

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by HankMoody

laker fans somewhat got a right to be cocky though, they've been the most successful franchise in the 4 major professional sports since 1970, which means in most peoples lifetime, and for the most part the lakers should always be in the mix of things, yeah there might be a down season here and there but they should usually be playing decent.  not many other fanbases have the high expectations laker fans do almost year in and year out.

now trust me there's a difference between cocky and flat out annoying in terms of being a fan but i'd be lying to you if i said i didn't have MUCH higher expectations for what i expect out of the lakers compared to my favorite mlb, nhl, and nfl teams.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
   is it not true though?    11 titles since 1970 which is the most out of all 4 major sports,   18 trips to the finals since then, and only 5 losing seasons since then.  expectations should be high
work of an advice , don't have such high expectation for them next year....i dont want to see you cry.

laker fans somewhat got a right to be cocky though, they've been the most successful franchise in the 4 major professional sports since 1970, which means in most peoples lifetime, and for the most part the lakers should always be in the mix of things, yeah there might be a down season here and there but they should usually be playing decent.  not many other fanbases have the high expectations laker fans do almost year in and year out.

now trust me there's a difference between cocky and flat out annoying in terms of being a fan but i'd be lying to you if i said i didn't have MUCH higher expectations for what i expect out of the lakers compared to my favorite mlb, nhl, and nfl teams.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
   is it not true though?    11 titles since 1970 which is the most out of all 4 major sports,   18 trips to the finals since then, and only 5 losing seasons since then.  expectations should be high
work of an advice , don't have such high expectation for them next year....i dont want to see you cry.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
you tell em cedric.  fools are jealous.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
you tell em cedric.  fools are jealous.

Originally Posted by djuzi05

There's a difference between being a fan of a team and saying complete BS. Heat fans tend to go towards the latter.

Just look at the 1st page of this sports forum 
laugh.gif

There's a difference between being a fan of a team and saying complete BS. Heat fans tend to go towards the latter.

Just look at the 1st page of this sports forum 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Bob Lobblaw

what is "savy" about a few buddies teaming up to make competition easier for themselves?

what's savy about it? what is so ingenious?
lebron is that kid that beat the hardest video game out using codes and playing on easy. Then proceeds to brag about winning

Originally Posted by Bob Lobblaw

what's savy about it? what is so ingenious?
lebron is that kid that beat the hardest video game out using codes and playing on easy. Then proceeds to brag about winning

When LeBron made "The Decision" I was excited. I was actually rooting for the Heat in the beginning of the season. One of my good friends happens to be from Miami so you could imagine how bonkers he went.

As the season wore on, my man would say ridiculous stuff all the time. If they lost to a bottom team - "The Heat needed it so they can be humble". If the big 3 had a bad game - "Dude, if they only had Haslem they'd be killing it right now" Really tho?

Now he is fully convinced they'll win the next 8 out of 8 championships. And the other day, he told me with a straight face that LeBron could beat MJ 1-on-1 in his prime with 90's rules
indifferent.gif
Mind you he is 26 and has watched basketball all his life.

Now the Heat are playing my most hated team (I'm from Houston) and I can't go for either. Thanks a lot Heat fans.
I agree with all 3 of his points, aside from the 8 for 8 comment.

-Haslem IS the key, so it seems.. u have to have heart on your team and it has to come from somebody that's NOT the main go-to guy.
-Losing IS a necessary humbling experience and most teams grow from it
-Lebron would destroy Mike one on one.

When LeBron made "The Decision" I was excited. I was actually rooting for the Heat in the beginning of the season. One of my good friends happens to be from Miami so you could imagine how bonkers he went.

As the season wore on, my man would say ridiculous stuff all the time. If they lost to a bottom team - "The Heat needed it so they can be humble". If the big 3 had a bad game - "Dude, if they only had Haslem they'd be killing it right now" Really tho?

Now he is fully convinced they'll win the next 8 out of 8 championships. And the other day, he told me with a straight face that LeBron could beat MJ 1-on-1 in his prime with 90's rules
indifferent.gif
Mind you he is 26 and has watched basketball all his life.

Now the Heat are playing my most hated team (I'm from Houston) and I can't go for either. Thanks a lot Heat fans.
I agree with all 3 of his points, aside from the 8 for 8 comment.

-Haslem IS the key, so it seems.. u have to have heart on your team and it has to come from somebody that's NOT the main go-to guy.
-Losing IS a necessary humbling experience and most teams grow from it
-Lebron would destroy Mike one on one.

I can't fathom, why someone would hate on such a classy organization, backed by loyal fans such as I.

I can't fathom, why someone would hate on such a classy organization, backed by loyal fans such as I.

As many smart, reasonable Heat fans as there are on here, let's be real... the majority of them in the general populace of Heat fans are total idiots when it comes to the actual game of basketball and its history.

As many smart, reasonable Heat fans as there are on here, let's be real... the majority of them in the general populace of Heat fans are total idiots when it comes to the actual game of basketball and its history.

Back
Top Bottom