Members of historically black fraternities please step in..

yeah, but P, i argue that those same opportunities are there without either military nor fraternity.

you can say what you will about manhood....

i saw best friends fall out over that hazing %%@%.

yeah, but P, i argue that those same opportunities are there without either military nor fraternity.

i saw best friends fall out over that hazing %%@%.

Originally Posted by UnkleTomCruze

Y'all just mad that the white man aint let y'all join his in the very beginning. Lol

indifferent.gif

im not wasting anymore posts, so imma edit this one to answer you,

"yes, it was. i feel you were trying to be humorous, but you were not, hence, the stoneface."

Originally Posted by UnkleTomCruze

Y'all just mad that the white man aint let y'all join his in the very beginning. Lol

indifferent.gif

im not wasting anymore posts, so imma edit this one to answer you,

"yes, it was. i feel you were trying to be humorous, but you were not, hence, the stoneface."

Tell me that the genesis of black greek orgs. aint a direct consequence of being excluded (on the basis of race) from white greek organizations? Tell me I'm lying?

Tell me that the genesis of black greek orgs. aint a direct consequence of being excluded (on the basis of race) from white greek organizations? Tell me I'm lying?

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

i saw best friends fall out over that hazing @@%+.

Of course you can network without the military or a fraternity. We laugh at dudes who solely say "Networking." as their reasoning to join. You can network with the Chess Club. You can network with dudes at the local open gym. Regardless of what you say, joining a fraternity is also a way to network. Period.

Sorry for your friends but it's not for everybody.

i saw best friends fall out over that hazing @@%+.

Of course you can network without the military or a fraternity. We laugh at dudes who solely say "Networking." as their reasoning to join. You can network with the Chess Club. You can network with dudes at the local open gym. Regardless of what you say, joining a fraternity is also a way to network. Period.

Sorry for your friends but it's not for everybody.

dont be sorry for them....

lol, dudes letting other dudes clothesline them into stoves for admittance?

i'll pass.

i'll pass.

i'll pass.

Didn't happen to me so not a single %$@+ will be given today.
laugh.gif

i'll pass.

Didn't happen to me so not a single %$@+ will be given today.
laugh.gif

eh, i assume thats the norm moreso than not.

i don't really care either way....

i just couldnt LET some dudes lay hands on me in any shape, form or fashion...

like "he's a free pass to destroy me!"

lol, im GOOD

lol, im GOOD

lol, im GOOD

Welp...when you see that the men to your left and right have the same goal and you don't want to be that guy holding everyone back, ++%! changes.

Whether it's a relay race, boot camp, or pledging. But regardless, it's not for everybody. We've made that clear.

As long as you're on the outside looking in, your opinion won't change. I highly doubt you'll change the opinion of someone on the other side as well.

It's not about being brainwashed. I don't wake up and pray to Alpha. Every Alpha isn't even my damn friend. But, I experienced the ++%! and it is what it is. I simply felt like I should experience all aspects of college life...joining a fraternity being one of them. But, to each their own.

lol, im GOOD

Welp...when you see that the men to your left and right have the same goal and you don't want to be that guy holding everyone back, ++%! changes.

Whether it's a relay race, boot camp, or pledging. But regardless, it's not for everybody. We've made that clear.

As long as you're on the outside looking in, your opinion won't change. I highly doubt you'll change the opinion of someone on the other side as well.

It's not about being brainwashed. I don't wake up and pray to Alpha. Every Alpha isn't even my damn friend. But, I experienced the ++%! and it is what it is. I simply felt like I should experience all aspects of college life...joining a fraternity being one of them. But, to each their own.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

lol, im GOOD

THIS!

I'm only a year in the game, it'll be two years in May.

But from I can tell you about my experience is, Be who you are when you're tryna get down, when you're "getting down" (APHIA is a non pledging non hazing organization) and when you get done.

I look at some of the people that are in my fraternity, and they're just that, in my fraternity. We're not Bruhs.

The brainwashing, yes it exist, I'm not brainwashed but I know some people who are. And who put the chapter before their own personal lives. Like deading relationships with family/friends/girlfriends, losing jobs, and all that. I was never about forgetting who was there when I was tryna bum a cheese burger and not be seen eating anything colored.

Sadly, the cliche things that are used as reasons not to join a frat are based off of the jackasses who stand out the most and there's nothing you can do about that.

The best advice I was given was to look at the people in the chapter, the people historically, and the people who stand out to you the most. If you feel like joining one of these great organizations, One being the greatest of all.... '06. Do that %%%% for you, and not because it seems cool. Because if you joined for a **$#$@%! reason, it will be exposed.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

lol, im GOOD

THIS!

I'm only a year in the game, it'll be two years in May.

But from I can tell you about my experience is, Be who you are when you're tryna get down, when you're "getting down" (APHIA is a non pledging non hazing organization) and when you get done.

I look at some of the people that are in my fraternity, and they're just that, in my fraternity. We're not Bruhs.

The brainwashing, yes it exist, I'm not brainwashed but I know some people who are. And who put the chapter before their own personal lives. Like deading relationships with family/friends/girlfriends, losing jobs, and all that. I was never about forgetting who was there when I was tryna bum a cheese burger and not be seen eating anything colored.

Sadly, the cliche things that are used as reasons not to join a frat are based off of the jackasses who stand out the most and there's nothing you can do about that.

The best advice I was given was to look at the people in the chapter, the people historically, and the people who stand out to you the most. If you feel like joining one of these great organizations, One being the greatest of all.... '06. Do that %%%% for you, and not because it seems cool. Because if you joined for a **$#$@%! reason, it will be exposed.

you are not blacklisted to you join. it also depends if the fraternity even wants you. I'm in a fraternity but it is not black. The best advice would be gather information like you have been doing but also get to know the brothers. See which one you can see yourself being a part of. Definitely go out and explore each one because you do not want to have your heart set on one, but then regret it after pledging. Good Luck and keep your eyes open

you are not blacklisted to you join. it also depends if the fraternity even wants you. I'm in a fraternity but it is not black. The best advice would be gather information like you have been doing but also get to know the brothers. See which one you can see yourself being a part of. Definitely go out and explore each one because you do not want to have your heart set on one, but then regret it after pledging. Good Luck and keep your eyes open

And maybe this is just my opinion, I guess P and everyone else can back me up.

But, the scallywags who approached me before I became an Alpha, seemed way more into me for who I was, than the ones who do now.

Back
Top Bottom