Mayweather, after apology, still not off the hook

Since the racist rants, and his weak apology, i feared people would forget, or give him a pass because he is black...
But other websites have decided to let it be known that what Mayweather has done is wrong; Worldstar, ESPN, and even Bossip (black gossip).

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?id=5543201http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?id=5543201Mayweather Article

Cliff Notes:

First point

Who releases ignorant rants in public and then try andremove it with an awkward, sincere apology?

Mayweather isn’t the only one, Dr. Laura Schlessinger: usedN-word towards a black caller on radio station

It’s weird, because she is supposed to help people as she isa therapist.

Which makes it less of a shock, when Floyd did it because heis supposed to hurt people in boxing.

But still his occupation should not excuse him from crossingthe line.

Second Point

Mayweather ‘s being given a pass because he’s black.

Not long after Schlessinger made her remarks, REV. ALSHARPTON ripped her to shreds on CNN

Suggesting sponsors pull ads from her show, but Sharpton hasyet to comment on Mayweather’s situation.

We have yet to hear him call for a boycott of any of hisfuture fights or the sponsors tied to him.

Another example, Dan GILBERT, regarding LEbron James. JesseJackson, demanded a sit-down with the owner, but he still has not publiclyrequested a similar meeting with FLOYD.

Tiger Woods won the Masters in 1997, Fuzzy Zoeller  took a lot of heat and lost sponsors forcalling woods “little boy

Since the racist rants, and his weak apology, i feared people would forget, or give him a pass because he is black...
But other websites have decided to let it be known that what Mayweather has done is wrong; Worldstar, ESPN, and even Bossip (black gossip).

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?id=5543201http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?id=5543201Mayweather Article

Cliff Notes:

First point

Who releases ignorant rants in public and then try andremove it with an awkward, sincere apology?

Mayweather isn’t the only one, Dr. Laura Schlessinger: usedN-word towards a black caller on radio station

It’s weird, because she is supposed to help people as she isa therapist.

Which makes it less of a shock, when Floyd did it because heis supposed to hurt people in boxing.

But still his occupation should not excuse him from crossingthe line.

Second Point

Mayweather ‘s being given a pass because he’s black.

Not long after Schlessinger made her remarks, REV. ALSHARPTON ripped her to shreds on CNN

Suggesting sponsors pull ads from her show, but Sharpton hasyet to comment on Mayweather’s situation.

We have yet to hear him call for a boycott of any of hisfuture fights or the sponsors tied to him.

Another example, Dan GILBERT, regarding LEbron James. JesseJackson, demanded a sit-down with the owner, but he still has not publiclyrequested a similar meeting with FLOYD.

Tiger Woods won the Masters in 1997, Fuzzy Zoeller  took a lot of heat and lost sponsors forcalling woods “little boy

i don't see why he had to apologize.  i know the public always demands an apology, but then people usually criticize the apology.  i'd rather have no apology then a fake, forced one.  freedom of speech, everyone's entitled to speak their opinion even if it's in bad taste.
of course, there would be less outrage about what he said.  you can say stuff about whites, asians, latinos, and middle easterns.  our country is way more sensitive about comments about blacks

i don't see why he had to apologize.  i know the public always demands an apology, but then people usually criticize the apology.  i'd rather have no apology then a fake, forced one.  freedom of speech, everyone's entitled to speak their opinion even if it's in bad taste.
of course, there would be less outrage about what he said.  you can say stuff about whites, asians, latinos, and middle easterns.  our country is way more sensitive about comments about blacks

Originally Posted by shogun

pretty much

pretty much

I'm with Shogun here

Why does he need to apologize? If he wants to make a jackhole out of himself and paint himself as an ignorant racist idiot. Thats on him.

If his statements really upset you, there are other channels to voice your frustration. Go protest in front of his house. Boycott his fights. Boycott any product/brand that he endorses. Protest his promoters office. Protest HBO Boxing. I dont necesarily agree with those, but they might be more effective than demanding an insincere apology.

I'm with Shogun here

Why does he need to apologize? If he wants to make a jackhole out of himself and paint himself as an ignorant racist idiot. Thats on him.

If his statements really upset you, there are other channels to voice your frustration. Go protest in front of his house. Boycott his fights. Boycott any product/brand that he endorses. Protest his promoters office. Protest HBO Boxing. I dont necesarily agree with those, but they might be more effective than demanding an insincere apology.

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

pretty much
Ummm, there is a reason for that.

pretty much

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

pretty much

care to elaborate?

I'm assuming you are referring to white oppression of blacks in US History.  While I am not claiming that it is on the same level, %*@@!% oppressed pretty much every other race too.  Chinese railroad workers were "effectively" forced into slavery (one-sided indentured servitude).  What about the Native Americans?  Genocide anyone?

pretty much

care to elaborate?

I'm assuming you are referring to white oppression of blacks in US History.  While I am not claiming that it is on the same level, %*@@!% oppressed pretty much every other race too.  Chinese railroad workers were "effectively" forced into slavery (one-sided indentured servitude).  What about the Native Americans?  Genocide anyone?

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

I'm with Shogun here

That's not the point though.  Athletes are suppose to be role models...why did Tiger Woods apologize to the public?  Why does almost every athlete apologize for the things they do wrong?  IMO they shouldn't have to do that...but for some reason they think/feel like they have to. 

At the end of the day...an apology wouldn't give everyone that warm feeling in their stomach and hoping that everything will go away.  He should've just kept his mouth shut and kept it moving.  You know damn well everything he says will criticized, flipped a thousand times, and no matter how far he bend over backwards...a lot of people will still think he's just another racist idiot. 

How would everyone feel if Kobe or Lebron (or any other NBA or NFL superstar) made those comments. 
grin.gif

I for one do not care about this issue.  I'm not on Mayweather's or Manny's payroll.  It's just entertaining to see what everyone else thinks.  *grabs popcorn*

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

I'm with Shogun here

That's not the point though.  Athletes are suppose to be role models...why did Tiger Woods apologize to the public?  Why does almost every athlete apologize for the things they do wrong?  IMO they shouldn't have to do that...but for some reason they think/feel like they have to. 

At the end of the day...an apology wouldn't give everyone that warm feeling in their stomach and hoping that everything will go away.  He should've just kept his mouth shut and kept it moving.  You know damn well everything he says will criticized, flipped a thousand times, and no matter how far he bend over backwards...a lot of people will still think he's just another racist idiot. 

How would everyone feel if Kobe or Lebron (or any other NBA or NFL superstar) made those comments. 
grin.gif

I for one do not care about this issue.  I'm not on Mayweather's or Manny's payroll.  It's just entertaining to see what everyone else thinks.  *grabs popcorn*

pretty much
definitely not the way it should be.

pretty much

pretty much

pretty much

Back
Top Bottom