Mayweather, after apology, still not off the hook

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Athletes are suppose to be role models...
I don't agree.

Al Sharpton makes me sick, same with Jesse Jackson
  What do they have to do with the porposed fight?

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson were mentioned in the article the OP posted.

I didn't watch the whole video but what was the worst thing that Mayweather said? I saw the parts where he mentioned making sushi and eating cats/dogs but I didn't hear any offensive remarks after that. I'm Asian myself and it honestly didn't bother me at all. I don't see why a formal apology by Mayweather isn't enough.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Athletes are suppose to be role models...
I don't agree.

Al Sharpton makes me sick, same with Jesse Jackson
  What do they have to do with the porposed fight?

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson were mentioned in the article the OP posted.

I didn't watch the whole video but what was the worst thing that Mayweather said? I saw the parts where he mentioned making sushi and eating cats/dogs but I didn't hear any offensive remarks after that. I'm Asian myself and it honestly didn't bother me at all. I don't see why a formal apology by Mayweather isn't enough.

Meh.

He's racist.

So what.

He isn't in a position of power in the government or in some company that matters.

He punches people in the face for money.

Why anyone would be upset or surprised that he's ignorant is beyond me.

It's an excuse for people who already disliked him to dislike him even more.

People who liked him won't stop cause he said stuff that was ignorant and in bad taste.

A multi-millionaire insulted another multi-millionaire. You really think EITHER one of them needs defending?

Meh.

He's racist.

So what.

He isn't in a position of power in the government or in some company that matters.

People who liked him won't stop cause he said stuff that was ignorant and in bad taste.

A multi-millionaire insulted another multi-millionaire. You really think EITHER one of them needs defending?

What mayweather was saying about cooking cats and dogs all I gotta say is DONT KNOCK IT TILL YOU TRY IT.

What mayweather was saying about cooking cats and dogs all I gotta say is DONT KNOCK IT TILL YOU TRY IT.

Originally Posted by shogun

i don't see why he had to apologize.  i know the public always demands an apology, but then people usually criticize the apology.  i'd rather have no apology then a fake, forced one.  freedom of speech, everyone's entitled to speak their opinion even if it's in bad taste.
of course, there would be less outrage about what he said.  you can say stuff about whites, asians, latinos, and middle easterns.  our country is way more sensitive about comments about blacks
^ According to this theory Mayweather shouldn't be receiving any heat then.

i don't see why he had to apologize.  i know the public always demands an apology, but then people usually criticize the apology.  i'd rather have no apology then a fake, forced one.  freedom of speech, everyone's entitled to speak their opinion even if it's in bad taste.
of course, there would be less outrage about what he said.  you can say stuff about whites, asians, latinos, and middle easterns.  our country is way more sensitive about comments about blacks
^ According to this theory Mayweather shouldn't be receiving any heat then.

I'd say that's justified considering blacks were the only ones brought here by force

I'd say that's justified considering blacks were the only ones brought here by force

Originally Posted by Manglor

Meh.

He's racist.

So what.

this, 100%
but if anything I wouldnt even call him a racist, I just think he's comedically(not a real word?) ignorant
saying something foul is whatever... words dont hurt, but when/if you're in a place of power and take opportunities away based off prejudices then people should be concerned.

Meh.

He's racist.

So what.

this, 100%
but if anything I wouldnt even call him a racist, I just think he's comedically(not a real word?) ignorant
saying something foul is whatever... words dont hurt, but when/if you're in a place of power and take opportunities away based off prejudices then people should be concerned.

you can say stuff about whites, asians, latinos, and middle easterns.  our country is way more sensitive about comments about blacks
Oh, you mean like the reaction and coverage Don Imus's comments induced, compared to the minimal coverage of Jamie Foxx's equally, or more, racist comments?

you can say stuff about whites, asians, latinos, and middle easterns.  our country is way more sensitive about comments about blacks
Oh, you mean like the reaction and coverage Don Imus's comments induced, compared to the minimal coverage of Jamie Foxx's equally, or more, racist comments?

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Meh.

He's racist.

So what.

this, 100%

Meh.

He's racist.

So what.

this, 100%

Meh.

He's racist.

So what.

You all can try to downplay it all you want, but people like him are in the public spotlight and sadly, have influence or at least an audience who listen to his ignorant nonsense therefore it doesn't matter how much money he has or not. Him being a millionaire is completely irrelevant.How much money either of them have does not matter or make Mayweather's blatant racism less egregious. Him having a voice is very relevant, especially because of or perhaps in spite of of who he is.

The fact that the nonsense spewing from his mouth is able to garner multiple threads on this site is evidence enough of his words reaching enough people to  make it a big deal. I mean the lowest of the lowest trash on this very site were actually claiming that what he said WASN'T racist or detrimental at all, that it was true and therefore not racist, that because Mayweather holds whatever boxing title(s) he holds, he can say anything he wants and so on and so forth. These were actual responses from many of the mentally deficient characters on this site who always seem to excuse or find rationale for rampant racism when it's a black person committing the act. No one wants to be honest about that though because it always leads back to a sense of entitlement that many black people have when one of their own dishes out the racism.

Meh.

He's racist.

So what.

You all can try to downplay it all you want, but people like him are in the public spotlight and sadly, have influence or at least an audience who listen to his ignorant nonsense therefore it doesn't matter how much money he has or not. Him being a millionaire is completely irrelevant.How much money either of them have does not matter or make Mayweather's blatant racism less egregious. Him having a voice is very relevant, especially because of or perhaps in spite of of who he is.

The fact that the nonsense spewing from his mouth is able to garner multiple threads on this site is evidence enough of his words reaching enough people to  make it a big deal. I mean the lowest of the lowest trash on this very site were actually claiming that what he said WASN'T racist or detrimental at all, that it was true and therefore not racist, that because Mayweather holds whatever boxing title(s) he holds, he can say anything he wants and so on and so forth. These were actual responses from many of the mentally deficient characters on this site who always seem to excuse or find rationale for rampant racism when it's a black person committing the act. No one wants to be honest about that though because it always leads back to a sense of entitlement that many black people have when one of their own dishes out the racism.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Meh.

He's racist.

So what.

this, 100%
it's not about that....i don't even know if ya'll read the post... Theres a part in it that was bolded with bigger font that said,

"But still, his occupation should not excuse him from crossingthe line."
"Mayweather ‘s being given a pass because he’s black."

and all you guys can say is "meh, he's racist, so what...This 100%"
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything...right now you guys aren't getting the point..

Re-read the article, "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere," - MLK, i know some of you guys are black...
You guys are saying its ok for him to be racist, cuz he's rich, he's a boxer, and he's black....

ITS OK FOR NO ONE TO BE RACIST

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Meh.

He's racist.

So what.

this, 100%
it's not about that....i don't even know if ya'll read the post... Theres a part in it that was bolded with bigger font that said,

"But still, his occupation should not excuse him from crossingthe line."
"Mayweather ‘s being given a pass because he’s black."

and all you guys can say is "meh, he's racist, so what...This 100%"
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything...right now you guys aren't getting the point..

Re-read the article, "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere," - MLK, i know some of you guys are black...
You guys are saying its ok for him to be racist, cuz he's rich, he's a boxer, and he's black....

ITS OK FOR NO ONE TO BE RACIST

Back
Top Bottom