Mayweather, after apology, still not off the hook

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

You all can try to downplay it all you want, but people like him are in the public spotlight and sadly, have influence or at least an audience who listen to his ignorant nonsense therefore it doesn't matter how much money he has or not. Him being a millionaire is completely irrelevant.How much money either of them have does not matter or make Mayweather's blatant racism less egregious. Him having a voice is very relevant, especially because of or perhaps in spite of of who he is.

The fact that the nonsense spewing from his mouth is able to garner multiple threads on this site is evidence enough of his words reaching enough people to  make it a big deal. I mean the lowest of the lowest trash on this very site were actually claiming that what he said WASN'T racist or detrimental at all, that it was true and therefore not racist, that because Mayweather holds whatever boxing title(s) he holds, he can say anything he wants and so on and so forth. These were actual responses from many of the mentally deficient characters on this site who always seem to excuse or find rationale for rampant racism when it's a black person committing the act. No one wants to be honest about that though because it always leads back to a sense of entitlement that many black people have when one of their own dishes out the racism.
this 100%

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

You all can try to downplay it all you want, but people like him are in the public spotlight and sadly, have influence or at least an audience who listen to his ignorant nonsense therefore it doesn't matter how much money he has or not. Him being a millionaire is completely irrelevant.How much money either of them have does not matter or make Mayweather's blatant racism less egregious. Him having a voice is very relevant, especially because of or perhaps in spite of of who he is.

The fact that the nonsense spewing from his mouth is able to garner multiple threads on this site is evidence enough of his words reaching enough people to  make it a big deal. I mean the lowest of the lowest trash on this very site were actually claiming that what he said WASN'T racist or detrimental at all, that it was true and therefore not racist, that because Mayweather holds whatever boxing title(s) he holds, he can say anything he wants and so on and so forth. These were actual responses from many of the mentally deficient characters on this site who always seem to excuse or find rationale for rampant racism when it's a black person committing the act. No one wants to be honest about that though because it always leads back to a sense of entitlement that many black people have when one of their own dishes out the racism.
this 100%

Say what ya want about him but dude knows how to take up the spotlight.

pac vs Margarito nation wide press tour happened last week but it didnt get any shine because of PBF.

pac vs Margarito nation wide press tour happened last week but it didnt get any shine because of PBF.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

ok...this post is more than just about boxing, thats why i posted this in General.

it's about mayweather being racist and getting a pass because he's black.
Some people don't see anything wrong with it, and they are justifying it...
it's ok for no one to be racist.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

ok...this post is more than just about boxing, thats why i posted this in General.

it's about mayweather being racist and getting a pass because he's black.
Some people don't see anything wrong with it, and they are justifying it...
it's ok for no one to be racist.

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

Originally Posted by shogun

you can say stuff about whites, asians, latinos, and middle easterns.  our country is way more sensitive about comments about blacks
Oh, you mean like the reaction and coverage Don Imus's comments induced, compared to the minimal coverage of Jamie Foxx's equally, or more, racist comments?
What did Jamie Foxx say. Link plz.

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

Originally Posted by shogun

you can say stuff about whites, asians, latinos, and middle easterns.  our country is way more sensitive about comments about blacks
Oh, you mean like the reaction and coverage Don Imus's comments induced, compared to the minimal coverage of Jamie Foxx's equally, or more, racist comments?
What did Jamie Foxx say. Link plz.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by Manglor

Meh.

He's racist.

So what.

He isn't in a position of power in the government or in some company that matters.

He punches people in the face for money.

Why anyone would be upset or surprised that he's ignorant is beyond me.

It's an excuse for people who already disliked him to dislike him even more.

People who liked him won't stop cause he said stuff that was ignorant and in bad taste.

A multi-millionaire insulted another multi-millionaire. You really think EITHER one of them needs defending?
this, 100%
I find this funny but yet a couple of years ago Michael Richards went on his rant and everyone screamed for his head?? Was he not a comedian?? Had no political power. Racist is racist, I am hispanic and I would not let anyone talk about another race in hate because the moment I dont say anything I make it ok for him to do it, and soon they will turn on me.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by Manglor

Meh.

He's racist.

So what.

He isn't in a position of power in the government or in some company that matters.

He punches people in the face for money.

Why anyone would be upset or surprised that he's ignorant is beyond me.

It's an excuse for people who already disliked him to dislike him even more.

People who liked him won't stop cause he said stuff that was ignorant and in bad taste.

A multi-millionaire insulted another multi-millionaire. You really think EITHER one of them needs defending?
this, 100%
I find this funny but yet a couple of years ago Michael Richards went on his rant and everyone screamed for his head?? Was he not a comedian?? Had no political power. Racist is racist, I am hispanic and I would not let anyone talk about another race in hate because the moment I dont say anything I make it ok for him to do it, and soon they will turn on me.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Athletes are suppose to be role models...
I don't agree.

Al Sharpton makes me sick, same with Jesse Jackson
  What do they have to do with the porposed fight?

intense_porpoise.jpg

Originally Posted by Tupack Shaker

What mayweather was saying about cooking cats and dogs all I gotta say is DONT KNOCK IT TILL YOU TRY IT.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

mayweather talkin to promote talk is bull shhh dude is a racist

What mayweather was saying about cooking cats and dogs all I gotta say is DONT KNOCK IT TILL YOU TRY IT.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

He was messing around on a webcam. It's not like he sat down for an interview on ESPN and said it. So who really cares? I mean, did the comments really affect anyone's life in a negative way? This country is so damn sensitive.

He was messing around on a webcam. It's not like he sat down for an interview on ESPN and said it. So who really cares? I mean, did the comments really affect anyone's life in a negative way? This country is so damn sensitive.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom