MARVEL NETFLIX Thread * RIP STAN LEE - Jessica Jones = Final Season

WHICH MARVEL SHOW/SEASON HAS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE SO FAR?

• Daredevil S1

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • Daredevil S2

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Jessica Jones

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Luke Cage

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • He Insisted & Bragged That He Was the Iron Fist But Never Really Showed & Whined About It Instead AK

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
rewatching season 2 of Daredevil. May be the greatest netflix show ever, not just best marvel. awesome fight scenes
awesome acting.

Marvel show:

Legion >

Netflix shows:

Stranger things, black mirror, narcos, bojack horseman, house of cards and ozark >

Tempted to include mindhunter

One thing I didn't like is how hokey the docs serum for powers is. I'm thinking its like they mixed some chemicals with Cap's leftover dna or something cool, dude mixing cat piss and laundry detergent.

Finished JJ season 2 and I don't know how I feel about it. I enjoyed it, but everyone annoyed me :lol:.
Even Jessica in the last two eps bothered me, but it wasn't really her fault. I understand the conflict she was struggling with but they let Alisa get away with too much.
Her mother kills a cop says she didn't have a choice and that was the end of it. Also Jessica a mad hater for calling Malcom out on his pimp game. :smh:

I just realized they never sewed up the storyline with Trish’s Ex fiancé. Son was a mole and we never found out about.

One thing I didn't like is how hokey the docs serum for powers is. I'm thinking its like they mixed some chemicals with Cap's leftover dna or something cool, dude mixing cat piss and laundry detergent.
The other part of the procedure reminded me of how Deadpool got his powers in his movie.

I just realized they never sewed up the storyline with Trish’s Ex fiancé. Son was a mole and we never found out about.
They did.

He was being a mole to get Trish's contacts so he could invite all of them to that place so he could propose to her. That's why he was sneaking around.

Last edited:
The other part of the procedure reminded me of how Deadpool got his powers in his movie.

They did.

He was being a mole to get Trishcs contacts so he could invite all of them to that place so he could propose to her. That's why he was sneaking around.

Oh ****.

That makes tons of sense. I’m ed lol

Yeah I almost missed it myself. The one scene where he's snooping I was like damn Trish got a bad one again.

But then he went out of his way to tell Jess what he did in order to set all of that up.

I think it was how they shot it mixed in with the music playing. They had a lot of spy music throughout the series :lol:

I do not agree with this video at all.
For 1 he hadn't even watched jessica jones 2 yet.which actually had exactly what he wanted. a big story with a few side eps in it helping other characters develop.

My personal opinion, Leave stand alone episode shows to the sitcoms.
the reason netflix and it's shows or any other big drama show is so popular is because it's 1 big story for that season. Marvel didn't start this btw, Thats how 1 hour dramas should be. give me a point to be invested ALL season. tv creators know i can still drop a show mid season if im not feeling it
This is why the best shows all do this, not every episode is going to be a homerun, but episodes are enough to get me to watch next week.
Among my favorites.
Game of thrones,
How to get away with murder,
Fringe
black list,
thats the point of the shows..
and the main complaint against some of them like walking dead are the out of the loop side episodes that we don't care about.

Marvel netflix is doing fine, they're only flaw is getting some dry actors, like Iron Fist Tyrell and luke Cage (at least he got less dry in defenders) other than that they're doing decent, because the story is def there.

I didn't even want to comment on that vid cuz it seems according to him his mind was blown with Lost as far as serialized tv.

Its like he never heard of HBO or cable tv in general.

Lost was only revolutionary as far as serialized storytelling for basic television.

With that said, he's not entirely wrong. For a 13 ep season especially for JJ who is a P.I., 2 or 3 episodic eps wouldn't be bad and would be breathers between the main story while still being important and entertaining.

But as already mentioned if you saw JJ s2 instead of that they did a few eps dealing mostly with the subplots concerning other characters. Granted I felt JJ could've paid more attention to Hero's case at some point (but Malcolm did a good job).

Last edited:
# of episodes never been a problem.

Its getting writers who know what to do with it.

There are so many serialized shows where 10 and 12 eps are the norm and its nothing but greatness that I simply can't accept 13 episodes as the problem or excuse.

Last edited:
exactly.
8 eps is not nearly enough. only makes me want more or still wish they did back character episodes.
peopple mad shows like GOT only 10 eps.
those limited series like Godless are amazing, but got damn I could've used more

Tell the story how it's meant to be told in however many episodes. Don't strip or add filler because corporate said so. Take notes from the British.

Finally finished S2 of JJ. Very disappointing especially considering how great S1 was. The mother arc should have been one part of the season instead of the main part. S1 was amazing- great villain, Luke Cage intro. S2 we're stuck with a lame villain and boring story. All the other characters weren't as interesting as before. The best episode surprise surprise is the Kilgrave one.

Netflix needs to step it up cause IF was trash, Defenders and this were disappointing. Punisher was dope but I'm worried they're going to **** that up. Hopefully Luke Cage is a grand slam.

Last edited:
Finally finished S2 of JJ. Very disappointing especially considering how great S1 was. The mother arc should have been one part of the season instead of the main part. S1 was amazing- great villain, Luke Cage intro. S2 we're stuck with a lame villain and boring story. All the other characters weren't as interesting as before. The beat episode surprise surprise is the Kilgrave one.

Netflix needs to step it up cause IF was trash, Defenders and this were disappointing. Punisher was dope but I'm worried they're going to **** that up. Hopefully Luke Cage is a grand slam.

You think something is going on behind the scenes because now that you mention it outside of the Punisher, I haven't been WOW'd but anything done on these shows for awhile.

# of episodes never been a problem.

Its getting writers who know what to do with it.

There are so many serialized shows where 10 and 12 eps are the norm and its nothing but greatness that I simply can't accept 13 episodes as the problem or excuse.

It totally is the problem, they clearly can't generate enough plot for 13 episodes,

there is like 8-10 episodes of plot in these seasons then they just stretch it out, add pointless red herrings or boring subplots.

Just do 8 or 10 and these series will be sooo much better.

You think something is going on behind the scenes because now that you mention it outside of the Punisher, I haven't been WOW'd but anything done on these shows for awhile.

Has to be the writing. 13 episodes of this absolutely boring mother-daughter dynamic that at best should have been 3-4 episodes is a major issue. The formula has been established already for these shows- great supporting characters (Luke Cage, Punisher), great villains (Kilgrave, Kingpin). Maybe there are money issues here. The whole mother plotline feels like something they fell back on. Maybe they had other goals for the season but couldn't meet them for financial reasons.

I don't even think shortening this season would help it. Defenders was a short season and still disappointing. Better writing, characters is what's needed. Most shows have filler episodes but an entire season of filler is pathetic.

Last edited:
It totally is the problem, they clearly can't generate enough plot for 13 episodes,

there is like 8-10 episodes of plot in these seasons then they just stretch it out, add pointless red herrings or boring subplots.

Just do 8 or 10 and these series will be sooo much better.
Still sounds like the writers don't know what to do with it from your complaint.

As already mentioned, you don't even necessarily need season long plots. One in dones aint a bad thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom