MARVEL NETFLIX Thread * RIP STAN LEE - Jessica Jones = Final Season

WHICH MARVEL SHOW/SEASON HAS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE SO FAR?

• Daredevil S1

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • Daredevil S2

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Jessica Jones

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Luke Cage

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • He Insisted & Bragged That He Was the Iron Fist But Never Really Showed & Whined About It Instead AK

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
Just started IF, on ep.7, my thoughts:

- For the dude who supposed to be Luke Cage brotha from another motha, don't know how they will shoehorn that into live action. They have NOTHING in common. Zero, zip, nada.

- Martial arts is terrible. I think Wanda could take Danny

- Would have been nice to see Misty in Claire's place to get that team-up started and some cross-over characters not named night nurse

- Did Rosario lose weight? Looks thinner than the other shows

- I actually think Joy (or rather the actress that plays her) is kinda cute. Those pants suits don't do her any good but every now and then when she is in a dress a little bubble is "trying" to pop out her skinny frame

- Not liking Finn, looks too much like a bytch-*** hipster, not a hero-for-hire

Yeah Luke was more calm and Zen than this version of IF which was a hesitant, petulant child as opposed to someone that's supposed to have lived with monks and mastering it for 15 years. I don't see that chemistry unless it's shoehorned or they just move beyond it.

Luke was very zen like, now that you mention it.

If I didn't know anything about IF, and I watched one scene of him, I would not in any way way think monk

I just finished this series.This is my favorite show yet. I rank it higher than Daredevil season 2. Danny would get washed by Daredevil though.

Luke was very zen like, now that you mention it.

If I didn't know anything about IF, and I watched one scene of him, I would not in any way way think monk
Danny Rand is not a monk though :lol:

Being raised by monks does not then make you a monk.
I just finished this series.This is my favorite show yet. I rank it higher than Daredevil season 2. Danny would get washed by Daredevil though.
There's always one :lol:

At least you're aware of the weaker fighting action :lol:

Danny would get washed by Cottonmouth
Cottonmouth got beaten to death by his senior citizen aged cousin :lol:

Last edited:
MCU best fighters:

1. Cap

2. Bucky

2a Natasha

2b. Black Panther

3. May

4. Daredevil

5. Hawkeye

6. Sharon

30. Iron Fist

Last edited:
Danny Rand is not a monk though :lol:

Being raised by monks does not then make you a monk.

Ahhh but I never said he was one either. I just said if I were to watch him without knowing anything, I would in no way think monk.

Never said he was one. But I'm sure you watched the show...they hammered it repeatedly he was raised like one, they show him meditating a lot and they gave him a lot of wizened eastern quotes to randomly say every once in a while. All of those things are at odds with how he portrays the character.

Doesn't matter if he is really a monk or not, he was supposed to act like one based on the cues given in the show and it just did not work well.

Last edited:
Ahhh but I never said he was one either. I just said if I were to watch him without knowing anything, I would in no way think monk.
:lol: Why in the **** would you want to think monk when looking at Danny Rand?

Never said he was one. But I'm sure you watched the show...they hammered it repeatedly he was raised like one
What show did you watch?

At what point in any episode did they hammer that Danny was raised like a monk or to be a monk?

I think the ignorance and what y'all saw is confusing yall. A LOT.

Danny was raised in a super secret mystical city. The whole monastery and monk thing is partly a lie he tells to ppl. He was raised with a bunch of other kids by an order that trained them to be the next Iron Fist.

He was trained to be a warrior of K'un L'un not a monk or to act like one. His settling those 15 years was more like a dojo than a monastery.

They show him meditating a lot and they gave him a lot of wizened eastern quotes to randomly say every once in a while.
Do you think anybody who does this is a monk? Or is acting like one?

Or was it meditating for the sake to better control and conserve his chi and saying a bunch of Sun Tzu quotes to appear wise?

Doesn't matter if he is really a monk or not, he was supposed to act like one based on the cues given in the show and it just did not work well.
No. He is not. No. He wasn't.

I think you assumed the wrong things while watching and naturally when he did not live up to those things it led you to the conclusion that it didn't work. When in fact what you assumed was never the intention.

Stop for a sec and just wonder if you're wrong about Danny being meant to act like a monk. You should've realized this like half way through the series.

Last edited:
Ehh like I said just because he technically isn't one he was written like a person who is supposed to act like one, convincingly.

Like that Bakuto guy and Danny's best friend... Neither of them are clearly monks but the actors portrayed them convincingly as ppl who at one point were raised in a monastery or trained in ancient arts

Last edited:
I think you're confusing and conflating two different things.

I saw nothing in Danny's writing that implies anything about him behaving or acting like a monk. Did he act as if he was trained in ancient arts? Yes, saw that through the entire challenge against the Hand. However, his trauma and personal issues overwrote any of that discipline and then his naivete which he never seemed to grow out of is half of his personality in the series.

Danny was more of a manchild as a person. You can be that and still be a warrior trained in an ancient art.

Davos and Bakuto are the generic martial artists types. Stern, serious, ruthless, disciplined, etc. No way Marvel was gonna turn Danny in to that and he was never that in the comics at any point in time. Again, that's closer to Shang-Chi.

they shoulda cast an asian or latino for danny rand

or the drunk guy, davo, or bakuto

make the defenders more diverse

Danny would get washed by Cottonmouth

luke-cage-cottonmouth-vs-scarfe-o.gif

tumblr_oefmvdEX1J1qas7y7o3_540.gif

Wish there were a way he could come back. Loved Cottonmouth. He was legit

Last edited:
I think you're confusing and conflating two different things.

I saw nothing in Danny's writing that implies anything about him behaving or acting like a monk. Did he act as if he was trained in ancient arts? Yes, saw that through the entire challenge against the Hand. However, his trauma and personal issues overwrote any of that discipline and then his naivete which he never seemed to grow out of is half of his personality in the series.

Danny was more of a manchild as a person. You can be that and still be a warrior trained in an ancient art.

Davos and Bakuto are the generic martial artists types. Stern, serious, ruthless, disciplined, etc. No way Marvel was gonna turn Danny in to that and he was never that in the comics at any point in time. Again, that's closer to Shang-Chi.

If you want to say that Danny is supposed to be the second coming of Goku (Goku is an extreme example but the closest character I can think of to naive man child who is trained in the martial arts) , then they really went about it the wrong way, lol.

They should've shown a happier and more innocent kung l'un in his flashbacks. Instead they were showing flashbacks of the monks beating him to show him discipline. The kind of training he talked of with Colleen...just doesn't jive with a man who is supposed to be this naive man child that you say he is supposed to be.

You are not the first one to make this argument : that Danny is supposed to act a certain way despite his upbringing. If the whole point is that Danny is such a constant, unchangeable character that a certain personality remains intact despite his extreme upbringing then he is officially the most complex character of all time and needed better script writers than we got, lol

Last edited:
E everysingletime

No. I wouldn't say Goku but since he was mentioned he'd be Goku lite at best :lol:

Goku was written that way and stayed that way. Plus He went through way worse training than Danny and remained a man child. He never gave serious reflection to his entire race being killed, he had no vengeance in his heart. Not to mention he has Dragonballs to wish ppl back to life.

Danny is obviously the opposite. He came in back to ny hopeful as **** to reconnect with family friends he felt were family and come to realize they are all pretty ****** ppl and one killed his parents. Not to mention he is not over the death of his parents at all and it's a sore spot that invokes anger.

Characterization wise, they were really doing their own thing. In essence, he's a carefree naive trusting dude who can be clever and sly when he wants. Life has gave him trauma and anger issues. They weren't going about it to make him like Goku.

Also you're talking as if they trained Danny since birth. He had his own life and upbringing before the training. Something he obviously held on to.

The way I saw it, Danny held the death of his parents paramount in his life as far as things that have happened to him. So K'un L'un was like one big distraction/vacation away from dealing with that life altering moment. All that torturous training is nothing to him compared to the plane crash. Then as he said the whole IF thing was something he pursued to fill a hole he had and once he got it that didn't happen so he had to go home and try to make sense of his life.

McFarlane should holler at Mahershala to play Al Simmons/Spawn.
I can see it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom