Mark Wahlberg asking for a pardon... everyone has a past

But who on this Earth wouldn't? There are things that have happened in everyone's life that I bet we all wish that we could change. Hindsight is always 20/20. This is why there is the beauty of 2nd chances. For redemption.

Obviously, there are things that people do that aren't worth forgiving etc., but I think this was a case of Mark being "Dorchestah" and making a stupid decision as a teen. If he needs this pardon for business, and both he and the victim have moved on, then so be it.
I am just curious as to 'why' 'now'?  A pardon for a business seems selfish, a pardon because 'I just woke up one day and wanna be a leader' is far-fetched, but marketable w/ his 'so called charity' affiliations.  What I mean is, why is he using this 'situation' as a 'stepping stone'?  That is what bugs people.

No one is letting him off the hook i was simply presenting the other side to the argument.  At some point you will realize people do grow up and its possible to be racist when you are younger and don't know any better, and grow up and not be any more.  People grow.

https://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/mark-wahlberg

Here is a list of all the charities Mark supports.  

He may be a complete scum bag racist who has it out for every minority because he is a terrible bigot....he also might have been a young dumb 17 year old who made a mistake

clearly you're missing something

everyone agrees that people make mistakes, yet you keep saying this

the problem is part of growing up is admitting to your old ways

if your old ways were hurtful to others apologizing to those you hurt

growing up takes alot more than looking back on your past with a chuckle saying 'remember when i used to'

if you cant cop to your old ways?

if you cant apologize to those you've hurt?

then you havent grown up. sorry.

Last edited:
But who on this Earth wouldn't? There are things that have happened in everyone's life that I bet we all wish that we could change. Hindsight is always 20/20. This is why there is the beauty of 2nd chances. For redemption.

Obviously, there are things that people do that aren't worth forgiving etc., but I think this was a case of Mark being "Dorchestah" and making a stupid decision as a teen. If he needs this pardon for business, and both he and the victim have moved on, then so be it.

I am just curious as to 'why' 'now'?  A pardon for a business seems selfish, a pardon because 'I just woke up one day and wanna be a leader' is far-fetched, but marketable w/ his 'so called charity' affiliations.  What I mean is, why is he using this 'situation' as a 'stepping stone'?  That is what bugs people.

Why now? Because he has an opportunity to make more money. It's easy to see why.

If you were in his shoes, and had a skeleton in your closet...and that skeleton was the reason for why you were limited to explore certain business opportunities, you'd also do everything in your power to get that expunged from your record.

Do I think he did some ****** up things as a teenager? Yes. That being said, I'd like to think he's a changed person, but you never know if he still harbors those same feelings. However, I do feel he deserves every chance to redeem himself for what he did 20+ years ago. Even if money and expanding his portfolio are the reasons behind it.

*all in all, it's going to be interesting to see if he does indeed meet up with the victim. I have a feeling he will due to the publicity this is getting...but he'll probably feel a lot better about himself afterwards.

Last edited:

No one is letting him off the hook i was simply presenting the other side to the argument.  At some point you will realize people do grow up and its possible to be racist when you are younger and don't know any better, and grow up and not be any more.  People grow.

https://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/mark-wahlberg

Here is a list of all the charities Mark supports.  

He may be a complete scum bag racist who has it out for every minority because he is a terrible bigot....he also might have been a young dumb 17 year old who made a mistake

growing up takes alot more than looking back on your past with a chuckle saying 'remember when i used to'

Did it say some where that he refuses to apologize?  Or say that he doesn't feel bad at all for what he did or said back then?  
“I am deeply sorry for the actions that I took on the night of April 8, 1988, as well as for any lasting damage I may have caused the victims,”
whether you believe it or not is a personal thing.  Which i can accept, but the harsh judge of his character without knowing him seems odd to me.

Last edited:

Why now? Because he has an opportunity to make more money. It's easy to see why.

If you were in his shoes, and had a skeleton in your closet...and that skeleton was the reason for why you were limited to explore certain business opportunities, you'd also do everything in your power to get that expunged from your record.

Do I think he did some ****** up things as a teenager? Yes. That being said, I'd like to think he's a changed person, but you never know if he still harbors those same feelings. However, I do feel he deserves every chance to redeem himself for what he did 20+ years ago. Even if money and expanding his portfolio are the reasons behind it.

*all in all, it's going to be interesting to see if he does indeed meet up with the victim. I have a feeling he will due to the publicity this is getting...but he'll probably feel a lot better about himself afterwards.

So if saying sorry and making things right would allow you to get further in your life, you wouldnt try?

I see what you're getting at but i also see the other side.

Worst case scenario, Marky mark gets told No and he doesnt progress further right now in this current situation

Best case scenario he does get to move further

I dont see why he wouldnt take the chance given theres no real downside to it outside of non-factors judging him

Last edited:

So if saying sorry and making things right would allow you to get further in your life, you wouldnt try?

I see what you're getting at but i also see the other side.

Worst case scenario, Marky mark gets told No and he doesnt progress further right now in this current situation

Best case scenario he does get to move further

I dont see why he wouldnt take the chase given theres no real downside to it outside of non-factors judging him

Same here.

Good discussion, by the way.

I never really read about it being business related.  And even so, what's so hard about a work around?  Use a different entity.  I don't agree with the idea of him using this incident, and forming a 'case' to get a pardon.  He is making a case to further benefit himself at the expense of the victim.  The victim is again being put on the spot.

What's funny is that they have never met, never reconciled on the down low.   Point is, Mark does not need to use this as a stepping stone.  He can soothe his conscious by citing the 'time' he did.

:lol: @ 'everything in your power' including everything BUT making up to the person you handicapped for LIFE

homie had no idea who Marky Mark was which shows that in 30 years and $200 million later he hasnt even attempted to make it right with him

here is the kicker tho

even if he aplogizes now it'll have a stain on it

because its not sincere

he should of hit homie up FIRST then did the PR work

you sound like a bitter dude

:lol: @ 'everything in your power' including everything BUT making up to the person you handicapped for LIFE

homie had no idea who Marky Mark was which shows that in 30 years and $200 million later he hasnt even attempted to make it right with him

here is the kicker tho

even if he aplogizes now it'll have a stain on it

because its not sincere

he should of hit homie up FIRST then did the PR work

Did you read the article?

While Wahlberg's unprovoked assault left him shaken it did not cause any lasting damage.

'I was not blinded by Mark Wahlberg,' said 59-year-old Vietnamese-born Trinh.

'He did hurt me, but my left eye was already gone. He was not responsible for that.'

How do you know it's not sincere? Because the apology doesn't live up to YOUR expectations? :lol:

Like I said, you have your opinion and you're not moving your stick one inch regardless of what's said in the article by Wahlberg or Trinh.

No point in going back and forth with you.

I never really read about it being business related.  And even so, what's so hard about a work around?  Use a different entity.  I don't agree with the idea of him using this incident, and forming a 'case' to get a pardon.  He is making a case to further benefit himself at the expense of the victim.  The victim is again being put on the spot.

What's funny is that they have never met, never reconciled on the down low.   Point is, Mark does not need to use this as a stepping stone.  He can soothe his conscious by citing the 'time' he did.

There really wasn't a point for the two men to meet. From what I was reading, Trinh moved on with his life after his assault.

Now that everything is public b/c Wahlberg is seeking a pardon, Trinh wouldn't mind meeting him. I have a feeling Wahlberg will oblige.

'I've been working very hard to correct a lot of mistakes that I made since the day that I woke up and realized, 'You know what? I need to be a leader instead of a follower,'' he said.

All we have to go by is his word...even though I think the timing is a bit curious. He could very-well be contrite about his past.

Last edited:
Its amazing how hard people are going for Marky Mark when his intentions for all of this is based solely on him wanting to turn his restaurant into a franchise. :smh:

Its amazing how hard people are going for Marky Mark when his intentions for all of this is based solely on him wanting to turn his restaurant into a franchise.
mean.gif
This is what they call, the 'past' will haunt you.

Its amazing how hard people are going for Marky Mark when his intentions for all of this is based solely on him wanting to turn his restaurant into a franchise. :smh:

clearly he isnt too bright, just arrogant, or he still feels the same way

like how do you seek a pardon without ever making amends with who you assaulted first?

thats one of the first things people do in court when seeking lighter sentences, look to the victim and apologize

right?

not marky mark tho :lol:

I agree he needs to acknowledge his wrongdoing and apologize formally in public to his victims, but take care of dude and his family? Give back to the entire Vietnamese community in the area?

Y'all can't be serious.

Odds are Marky Mark was a racist punk kid like most of the you poor white trash kids where he grew up. And he definitely was in the wrong for what he did, but odds are he didn't have a grasp on the consequences or the severity of the injuries the victims could suffer. You can be sure that had the dudes he attacked been from another ethnic background he would've been slinging the corresponding slur.

He could def set up some kind of charity for victims of hate/bias crimes to make amends, but some of you are reaching.
Co-sign
Its amazing how hard people are going for Marky Mark when his intentions for all of this is based solely on him wanting to turn his restaurant into a franchise.
mean.gif
What's more amazing is all of the hypocrites in here. Let Mark have different color skin and there would be a whole lot of different responses in here.

White people always want to be forgiven for their piece of **** actions but will crucify folks that don't look like them forever when they do ****** up things

White people always want to be forgiven for their piece of **** actions but will crucify folks that don't look like them forever when they do ****** up things

Oh man, don't die as a result of anything race related. Your past will define your entirety when they dig for it.

Don't care what ya *** believe [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom