Mark Wahlberg asking for a pardon... everyone has a past

Marky Mark was young and "everyone makes mistakes when their young" :rolleyes :stoneface:

Prime example of white privilege.

But Mike Brown deserved to get his brains blown out because he stole some cigars :smh:

Your reaching

No reaching over here.

Check out the Mike Brown thread. I've seen people on NT say that Mike Brown "deserved it" and he "sealed his own fate".

I follow what you are saying. public opinion is much harsher if the alleged criminal is black. and this has been clearly illustrated over the last few killings. i've read people say even trayvon deserved it, or "he was no angel" because he got suspended from school. so i can cosign your sentiment.

I think people can change. Few and far between maybe...

Yeah, especially if they're making millions and their "change" helps them make even more millions.

Of course he's going to act like this now because he made it in the show business. If he hadn't and was living off minimum wage or something, he would probably be posting a racist comment on Youtube as we speak.

i agree. i was speaking more broadly. idk if mark changed. we'd never know. he has the $$ to easily change the public opinion about him by "giving back" but thats really only because he has the money. if he wasn't rich, and he tried to give back still, i don't think it would do much good. but i believe that it is possible that people can change, if they somehow realize the racist, or biases they came up with were untrue by being exposed to a different culture, or persons of a different ethnicitiy and culture. something along those lines. again, im sure it doesn't happen often but im simply saying i can see it being possible.

i think the people rolling their eyes who think he deserves a pardon and brush off the "race baiters" are missing the point. for one thing, racism plays a part in this story. period. if you are chasing blacks, assaulting them and calling them N then you don't deserve a pass. he wasn't 2. he was in his late teens. you are old enough to know right from wrong, and this is a blatantly wrong.

product of environment? ok well yes, racism was strong in boston, especially in the 70s/80s with the bussing movement to try and integrate minorities into otherwise white schools. that didn't sit well with a lot of folks. boston folks can feel free to chime in about this, although im not sure there are any who were born that far back...

point is this. the justice system is biased. if black kids beats up on white suburban kids because they are white, shouting slanders, they are getting the book thrown at them. no questions asked. time and time again, we read on the internet, and see on tv cases where white people are given INCREDIBLE slack in terms of punishment that would otherwise yield a serious penalty had the perp been black.

if you cannot understand this simple concept, or disagree with it, and or choose to ignore this, log off. even in 2014, its as straightforward as that. ignorance is bliss, and you are exercising serious levels of it, if you think what im saying is untrue.

mark W. shouldn't be given a pass because it sends the wrong message (again, because this message has been sent X amount of times before) that if you are white, you have the opportunity to change, and that we, as a society, can believe you to be someone who is reformed, and an upstanding member of your community.

in other words...

the people who are bringing up mike brown aren't doing so to draw similarities between that case and his. they are doing that to draw attention to the racism and unfair, and unjust bias that exists in the public and judicial perception of these two people. mike brown robbed a store (not even at gunpoint, it was a shoplift, but theft nonetheless)...and that was enough for many in society to see his death justified.

and yet mark can assault people, get charged with attempted murder, but deserves a pardon?

maybe he has changed. maybe he is a better person. and maybe giving him a a pardon wouldn't be a bad thing. idk. but man, if he gets a second chance, we really are throwing a big to all those minority youth who look for a second chance, but are already thrown to the curb and labeled monster, or forever lost.

we have to do better as a society, and being called a society means being fair to everyone within it. not just the privileged few.

give mark a pardon...but shine a light on the other kids who were products of their environment as well.

He was stealing beers from their store, they confronted him, he beat them up &
one dude is now blind.

He's a piece of **** for never giving back to the dude he blinded. Y'all can pull this "he's only 17" b.s. if you want to but I remember 17 very clearly and most sane individuals know right from wrong at that age. His age when this occurred is no
excuse.
thug.

...look at Mr. Second Chance himself lecturing someone on taking advantage of a moment :smh:

In the summer of 2003, Andre Royo, known to fans of HBO’s The Wire as recovering heroin addict and Baltimore police informant Bubbles, was standing in a buffet line fixing himself a plate at a party for HBO in New York, when he saw Mark Wahlberg making his way toward him.

At the time, the middle of the second season of The Wire was airing, and the actor was at the event to toast the launch of another HBO series, Entourage, which Wahlberg produced.

“I was like, oh ****! Mark Wahlberg’s coming up to me!” Royo told BuzzFeed News via phone, recalling the glint of familiarity in Wahlberg’s eyes. “And he came up to me, and he was like, ‘Hey, you’ve got a good job now. I hope you appreciate your position right now. You better stay clean and take advantage of this moment.’”

Royo was momentarily confused. “I’m like, ‘What are you talking about? I’m an actor. I’ve been doing theater for a little while.’ And he was like, ‘Oh, I’m sorry. I thought you was a real junkie. I thought they found somebody on the street and they gave him a part. My bad,’” Royo remembered. “He definitely took a step back.”

:smh: sounds like your typical Boston racist/*******

Wanted to see that gambling movie he's in but I'll just bootleg it down the road

:rofl:

Only slight pass in that is Snoop was a real gangsta off the street but that was seasons after. Mark foul for thinking Bubs was a real junkie :lol: :smh:

:rofl:

Only slight pass in that is Snoop was a real gangsta off the street but that was seasons after. Mark foul for thinking Bubs was a real junkie :lol: :smh:

it shows his (still) present ignorance, he didnt even attempt to spark up a casual conversation FIRST as to not put his foot in his mouth.

NOPE.

how offended do you think he'd be if someone walked up to him and assumed he was in real life the character we saw in The Basketball Diaries? or FEAR?

the ironic part is those roles ARE who he is

how arrogant.

i couldnt imagine sparking up a conversation with Felicia Person (Snoop) starting off with how she should cherish this moment blah blah blah....

who does that?

who has a background like he does, feels no remorse, and does that?

Last edited:
wow I didn't know this I'm glad this was posted...guarantee he is still a racist deep down but that's besides the point.

imagine if Denzel, Samuel or any other big time actor was the one committing the assaults. we can only wonder...smh

never really like his acting besides departed. dope

Had the nerve to preach to the man about doing right without even getting to actually know him....like damn man talk to him, not at him :lol:

That's crazy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom