Manny Acta signs three-year deal with the Indians.

Chris Perez' pitches have STUPID movement.
sick.gif

Lake County is a nice place to catch a game, went there for nickel beer night. It was also Cleveland Sports History Night, so it was all about our failures asa professional sports city.

I would like to thank you guys for Pavano!
smile.gif

He's pitching well so far against Detroit.

Yes he is. Almost threw it over Morneau's head on an easy groundball back to him though
laugh.gif

I was planning on going to Eastlake to watch Knapp pitch tomorrow night, but he got bumped up to tonight. Hagadone is slated for tomorrow, so that works, too.

Ticket and all-you-can-eat for $15; can't beat that.

By the end of the night, we could be 10 games back with 50 to play...
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Jason Knapp's organizational debut - 2.0 innings, 1 hit, 1 earned run, 2 walks, 2 strikeouts.

He and Hagadone are both on 50 pitch limits for the rest of the season.
Jake Westbrook's visit with Dr. Lewis Yocum in Los Angeles resulted in some good news and bad news.
The good news is Westbrook has no structural damage in his surgically repaired right elbow.
The bad news is that Westbrook is still experiencing soreness as a result of scar tissue in the elbow and will be shut down for the next six weeks, according to head athletic trainer Lonnie Soloff.That pretty much kills any chance of Westbrook pitching for the Tribe this season. As for next year, the Indians are in the process of determining whether or not Westbrook will pitch winter ball to build up his arm strength for Spring Training 2010.
ohwell.gif

Carrasco tonight: 8.0 innings, 4 hits, 1 earned run, 0 walks, 10 strikeouts

Since we acquired him: 3-0, 4.29 ERA, 21.0 innings, 3 walks, 21 strikeouts, .218 BAA

I imagine he'll be up by the end of the month to at least get a few big league starts under his belt this season.

If he's healthy, definitely Jake. Otherwise, I would guess Faus.

Here's a quick rundown of what the new faces have done since they've been in the organization:

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]DeRosa trade:[/color]

Chris Perez (MLB): 13 appearances, 13.0 innings, 0-0, 4.15 ERA, 8 hits, 6 earned runs, 5 walks, 14 strikeouts, 1.00 WHIP,.178 BAA

Jess Todd (AAA and MLB): AAA: 3 appearances, 4.0 innings, 0-0, 0.00 ERA, 1 hit, 0 earned runs, 0 walks, 7 strikeouts, 0.25WHIP, .077 BAA; MLB: 2 appearances, 2.1 innings, 0-1, 3.86 ERA, 2 hits, 1 earned run, 0 walks, 1 strikeout, 0.86 WHIP, .250 BAA

[color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]Betancourt trade:[/color]

Connor Graham (AA): 3 appearances, 2 starts, 12.1 innings, 0-1, 4.38 ERA, 11 hits, 6 earned runs, 11 walks, 14 strikeouts,1.83 WHIP, .239 BAA

[color= rgb(0, 102, 0)]Garko trade:[/color]

Scott Barnes (High A): 3 starts, 12.2 innings, 0-0, 2.13 ERA, 14 hits, 3 earned runs, 6 walks, 10 strikeouts, 1.59 WHIP,.280 BAA (recently called up to AA)

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Lee trade:[/color]

Carlos Carrasco (AAA): 3 starts, 21.0 innings, 3-0, 4.29 ERA, 17 hits, 10 earned runs, 3 walks, 21 strikeouts, 1.29WHIP, .218 BAA

Lou Marson (AAA): 11-33, .333, 0 home runs, 2 runs batted in, 3 runs scored, 4 strikeouts, 3 walks, .389 OBP, .364SLG

Jason Donald (AAA): 6-27, .222, 1 home run, 1 run batted in, 7 runs scored, 1 stolen base, 9 strikeouts, 3 walks, .344OBP, .370 SLG

Jason Knapp (Low A): 1 start, 2.0 innings, 0-0, 4.50 ERA, 1 hit, 1 earned run, 2 walks, 2 strikeouts, 1.50 WHIP, .167BAA

[color= rgb(51, 0, 102)]Martinez trade:[/color]

Justin Masterson (MLB): 2 appearances, 1 start, 7.0 innings, 0-0, 1.29 ERA, 6 hits, 1 earned run, 2 walks, 8 strikeouts,1.14 WHIP, .222 BAA

Nick Hagadone (Low A): 1 start, 3.0 innings, 0-0, 3.00 ERA, 3 hits, 1 earned run, 0 walks, 5 strikeouts, 1.00 WHIP, .250BAA

Bryan Price: (High A): 2 starts, 12.0 innings, 2-0, 1.50 ERA, 11 hits, 2 earned runs, 3 walks, 9 strikeouts, 1.17 WHIP,.239 BAA

Obviously, they're all small sample sizes, but it's just something to look at. That's a total of 104 strikeouts in 89.1 innings, so thephilosophical movement towards power pitching is certainly evident right away.

The not-so-distant future is bright, boys. Count on that.

I'll probably be going to see Hagadone tonight. He's only going to throw about 50 pitches, but I'll provide what feedback I can.

Hagadone tonight: 2.2 innings, 1 hit, 2 earned runs, 2 walks, 2 strikeouts

The dude is huge. Be ready for inevitable C.C. comparisons as he moves up. Aside from physical appearance and being left-handed, his delivery is prettyC.C.-esque, as well - slow and deliberate.

He was a little shaky, control wise, but his fastball pops and has some tail. He definitely has the ability to possess a top-notch fastball. His slider wasless impressive, but still nice. As noted before and after the trade, his changeup needs work. The only hit he gave up was a rope single on a changeup he leftup. The other run scored on a wild pitch, courtesy of his slider.

All in all, it was what I expected. He's a monster on the hill and he throws damn hard, but he's got plenty of room for improvement.

Without a doubt, the highlight of the night was center fielder, Delvi Cid. He was signed as a 16-year-old three years ago from the Dominican. There was anarticle about him in the program, talking about how he couldn't throw a baseball from center field to second base, or hit a ball out of the cage when hewas first being scouted, and that he pretty much got signed on sheer speed (an 80 grade out of 80) and raw potential. It went on to say that he had thepotential to be a great base stealer and Gold Glove winner.

Well, the future Gold Glove winner cost the Captains the game on an absolutely abysmally misread fly ball that resulted in two runs scoring in the 9th, andthat wasn't the first time in the game that he did it. He also got, quite embarrassingly, picked off trying to steal third base. I guess he went on firstmovement, but the problem was, the pitcher didn't move.

I'm thinking about changing my name and moving to the Dominican so I can get a seven figure signing bonus, too.

Anyway, I didn't catch any of the Tribe game, but it's nice to see that Fausto turned in another serviceable start.

Back
Top Bottom