Has the pandemic changed your stance on mandatory vaccinations

• Yes

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 57 86.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why you keep comparing healthcare workers to these ppl :lol: These ppl are on the fringe. This isn't the norm for most.

Also its not freedom of religion that is the issue. That's irrelevant. Its ppl claiming its their religious belief that they not be medically treated that's the issue.

Many ppl have declined medical treatment due to religious belief. Telling them they have to would be infringing on their rights.

Claiming taking the vaccine is protecting the public and that it supersedes a person's right to decline medical treatment based on religious reasons would be a matter for a judge or jury. Especially when you consider how vaccines work. Put that on trial and a zealous lawyer will have a field day.

Religious people by law aren't even allowed to deny medical care for their children on religious grounds. The theme here is you aren't allowed to use your religious beliefs to put others in danger. No one is stopping them from working elsewhere with more lax requirements.

I hate playing the slippery slope argument but where do we draw the line with religious freedom. I can easily make up a religion right now. Should I ask for extra privileges that put others in harms way?

Religious people by law aren't even allowed to deny medical care for their children on religious grounds.
I thought we were talking about ppl working for your hypothetical private business and you firing them for not taking the vaccine based on their religious reasons.

Not their children.

But just so you know, unfortunately, parents do that anyway when it comes to their children. They just haven't been caught yet.

The theme here is you aren't allowed to use your religious beliefs to put others in danger. No one is stopping them from working elsewhere with more lax requirements.
Refer to what I said before. None of that is stopping a lawsuit. That last sentence is what a lawyer would sue over.

I hate playing the slippery slope argument but where do we draw the line with religious freedom. I can easily make up a religion right now. Should I ask for extra privileges that put others in harms way?
If you get the religion recognized by the government - like an IRS tax exemption - then depending on circumstance yeah you can.

That's just how it is in this country.

I thought we were talking about ppl working for your hypothetical private business and you firing them for not taking the vaccine based on their religious reasons.

Not their children.

But just so you know, unfortunately, parents do that anyway when it comes to their children. They just haven't been caught yet.

Refer to what I said before. None of that is stopping a lawsuit. That last sentence is what a lawyer would sue over.

If you get the religion recognized by the government - like an IRS tax exemption - then depending on circumstance yeah you can.

That's just how it is in this country.
[/QUOTE]

Yes and I brought up the instances where even their children are immune from their religious ignorance as my company and other employees should.

LOL so I should "trust the government" to grant me religious exemption :rofl:

I've joked about doing that, someone should actually try that sh** and let me know how it goes. MY BODY IS A TEMPLE HENCEFORTH, I PAY NO TAXES!!!!!!

Mandatory vaccination is going to eventually happen for everyone
This would cause a civil war.

I think for the next year or two it will be optional. If the pandemic is still raging and there are sufficient supplies, then I could see it become mandatory to participate in certain activities like school, work, travel, etc.
This is gonna draw a line in the sand (vaccs to participate in...) and I can see lots of people legit going off grid, leaving the country, and this causing massive amounts of isolated and corporate confrontations. Think about what happened over flimsy masks. Mandatory vaccines would lead to a massive shift in American society as we know it. Lots of people are not going to stand for it and their would be a major uprising.

Many employers already require vaccines for the flu shot. It is rather common in the healthcare industry.

The only real objections are a religious belief or medical concerns.

One religious argument against the flu vaccine that worked has been veganism.

This is gonna draw a line in the sand (vaccs to participate in...) and I can see lots of people legit going off grid, leaving the country, and this causing massive amounts of isolated and corporate confrontations. Think about what happened over flimsy masks. Mandatory vaccines would lead to a massive shift in American society as we know it. Lots of people are not going to stand for it and their would be a major uprising.

Good riddance, this country would see a huge shift in human development index if this happens. :rofl:

Good riddance, this country would see a huge shift in human development index if this happens. :rofl:
All jokes aside, if a young person was in history class and brought up Henrietta Lax, The Tuskegee experiment, Small Pox, Agent Orange and so on...and acknowledged they had some apprehension about getting the vaccine how would you handle that?

there is a long history of the government interfering with religious practices where the health of an individual or the general public are in danger. we now have a SCOTUS that has no problem coddling religious extremists, so we'll see how much longer common sense prevails

as for mandatory vaccinations - that has been a thing in this country for over 100 years

i don't believe we should punish those, many of which have been mistreated by and are rightfully skeptical of the government, for refusing vaccination. at the same time these are the communities that have been hit the hardest by covid and will continue to be if not enough are vaccinated

it's a balance of building trust and the proper incentives. in the misinformation age we live in today i don't have a lot of faith in how that process plays out

All jokes aside, if a young person was in history class and brought up Henrietta Lax, The Tuskegee experiment, Small Pox, Agent Orange and so on...and acknowledged they had some apprehension about getting the vaccine how would you handle that?

I would give other examples of other common activities and institutions we gladly engage in during modern times that had nefarious roots. Biomedical science actually happens to be one of the few industries in this country that is highly regulated. You have no idea the hoops you have to jump through to conduct clinical research in this country, I would know because I f****** hate doing it (word to IRB approvals):smh:

Again any institution can be corrupted but medicine is one institution that actually constantly works to expose irregularities and unethical practices because lives are involved. I think irrational fear of science also stems from general scientific illiteracy in this country. There are countless over the counter drugs that do some serious damage to your body that people would gladly take. If the government really wanted us dead they would just poison our water supply or in the case of Alabama or Mississippi our beer and cigarettes. Keep that same energy with everything else. There are antivaxxers who eat McDonald's and pop nsaids like candy but won't take a few doses of a vaccine to prevent a serious illness.

I love how MAGA antivaxxers will complain about the government and corporations poisoning us but deny environmental science like the government isn't poisoning our water supply and the air we breathe. Keep that same energy.

I would get ready i can see it happen

i don't believe we should punish those, many of which have been mistreated by and are rightfully skeptical of the government, for refusing vaccination. at the same time these are the communities that have been hit the hardest by covid and will continue to be if not enough are vaccinated

Why do you think that is?

Why do you think that is?

Easy, same reason those communities are affected by many other chronic and not so chronic illnesses other than covid. Those same chronic illnesses also lead to higher mortality and morbidity rates associated with covid 19.

Social determinants of health such as poverty, lack of education, lack of access to healthcare is the perfect petri dish for covid, exacerbated by misinformation, ignorance and conspiracies.

Why hasn’t this been fixed by now?

Same reason other systemic issues in poor and minority communities haven't been completely addressed. There are things we as citizens can do at the individual level to not exacerbate it, like not spreading conspiracies and misinformation.

Which is?

Corporate welfare, systemic inequality, there are books on this if you want to read on it I'll give you some suggestions. Across cultures, the poor are usually the least educated and the wealthy elite in this country benefit by keeping people uneducated (eg. the rise of MAGA).

degenerate423 degenerate423 out here asking others to hold his hand and guide him through the education he should have been seeking out years ago.

Dawg it's not the responsibility of randoms on a message board to explain how the world works to you.

If you disagree just come out and say it. No need to lead others down a fruitless path for your own disingenuous purpose.

LOL I know what he tryna do but I'll play:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom