Malcolm X thread.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Hold up. MLK was going to get black people killed? You don't think the US Govt would have squashed the NOI movement like a bug if they started acting violently? Where is the logic in your statement?

Civil Rights Act, Voting Rights Act, 24th Amendment are all just figments of my imagination I guess. Can't believe MLK is being denigrated like this
smh.gif

Malcolm X himself renounced his work in the NOI. He was so smart he could honestly admit his mistakes. That's why I respect even more.
But depending on whom's civil rights are attacked won't these laws be dissolved? No they are not figments of your imagination, but when federal gov't decides to, they do what they want even if that includes destroying "homegrown terrorist" like the civil right movement will have people falling into a category under. MLK was a great man i give him that, but the problem is much more complex than black and white children holding hands and drinking from the same water hole. 
Malcom X realized that he was too much of an individual/ independent thinker  to subscribe to another set of dogmatic principles. He just was able to contrast his upbringing in a christian country with teachings of NOI even though he realized after time that it was just another head on the beast. I believe his life is testament if you look at him objectively and not solely based off of is NOI persona. 

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Hold up. MLK was going to get black people killed? You don't think the US Govt would have squashed the NOI movement like a bug if they started acting violently? Where is the logic in your statement?

Civil Rights Act, Voting Rights Act, 24th Amendment are all just figments of my imagination I guess. Can't believe MLK is being denigrated like this
smh.gif

Malcolm X himself renounced his work in the NOI. He was so smart he could honestly admit his mistakes. That's why I respect even more.
But depending on whom's civil rights are attacked won't these laws be dissolved? No they are not figments of your imagination, but when federal gov't decides to, they do what they want even if that includes destroying "homegrown terrorist" like the civil right movement will have people falling into a category under. MLK was a great man i give him that, but the problem is much more complex than black and white children holding hands and drinking from the same water hole. 
Malcom X realized that he was too much of an individual/ independent thinker  to subscribe to another set of dogmatic principles. He just was able to contrast his upbringing in a christian country with teachings of NOI even though he realized after time that it was just another head on the beast. I believe his life is testament if you look at him objectively and not solely based off of is NOI persona. 

Originally Posted by What up

Originally Posted by ShoxBb433

This guy was truly inspiring.
-Dropped out of school in 9th grade. 

-Hustled in Boston and Harlem.

-long prison bid.

So inspiring.
Smack yourself please. He knows what he did was wrong but when you are trying to survive with nothing to lose you normally turn to a life of crime. Why? It pays.

Originally Posted by What up

This guy was truly inspiring.
-Dropped out of school in 9th grade. 

-Hustled in Boston and Harlem.

-long prison bid.

So inspiring.
Smack yourself please. He knows what he did was wrong but when you are trying to survive with nothing to lose you normally turn to a life of crime. Why? It pays.

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by torgriffith

Originally Posted by cguy610

Malcolm X is appreciated.
MLK is appreciated.

But comparing them to each other and saying who is better as if they didnt die in the name of equality, I find to be a tad bit disrespectful.
Just my opinion.

Im not black if it matters.
MLK was preaching pie in sky to an oppressed people. I have a dream was an excellent idea at the time, but we live and work together now as a people and still look what goes on today. This clearly ain't that dream and if you think it is then
390356125.jpg

Real talk, MLK sounded good and looked good with what he was doing at the time, but the reality was that he was setting black people up in a system that was detrimental to the life and progress of "racial equality". All the protesting and marching is a trap to get blacks to step in the role of enemy of the state by becoming agents of anarchy (according to the government definitions, not mine).  Basically black people in this country have been terrorized to the point where they think have no other choice but to join "political" affiliations that are deemed terrorist in nature by the powers that be giving them legal justification for harsh treatment (Homeland Security).  

I commend Maclom X for setting the trend of scholarly research and education of self, versus memorization of rhetoric. 
What goes on today? 

Furthermore, are you saying that MLK was detrimental?  I'm trying to understand the premise of your post there.

Because when people protest and march against the government in the uninformed we shall overcome manner in which MLK promoted, black folks end up dead. ( dogs, high pressured water, military action, riots etc.) and the government has justification. The fashion in which MLK was mobilizing people was going to get people killed that's what I'm saying. People cannot be unified under polarized racial titles like MLK was proclaiming. MLK I have a dream was a positive speech don't get me wrong, but at most it has been nothing but lip service for corporate campaigns like black history month incorporated, mcdonalds black history month incorporated, and a very efficient tool at targeting the black demographic in media. Under the guise of this mans speech, this same country still promotes genocide and war as policy. Like Jesus Walks by Kanye yet people nowadays are unsure of his allegiance (illuminati conspiracies).  Just because something sounds good, does not make it true and cut in stone. Why do you think MLK is blasted in our faces when it comes to black history? MLK was successful in creating the stalemate archetype on race relations in this country and that is why the philosophy reigns supreme in our market.

What exactly are you arguing?
How you expect to be taken serious when your posts include a gif of Antoine Dodson (sp) and a Kanye west illuminati reference?
You fail to understand that both of these men more or less had the same goal. You may not agree with the approach one way or the other but to try to downplay the importance of either Malcolm X or MLK on account of you not approving of their philosophies is beyond foolish.
Clearly u can't read because I ain't downplaying either of them. If you looking for someone to hop on the shame wagon for me then you need to debate me rather than poke fun at my points. you ready?

Originally Posted by cguy610

Malcolm X is appreciated.
MLK is appreciated.

But comparing them to each other and saying who is better as if they didnt die in the name of equality, I find to be a tad bit disrespectful.
Just my opinion.

Im not black if it matters.
MLK was preaching pie in sky to an oppressed people. I have a dream was an excellent idea at the time, but we live and work together now as a people and still look what goes on today. This clearly ain't that dream and if you think it is then
390356125.jpg

Real talk, MLK sounded good and looked good with what he was doing at the time, but the reality was that he was setting black people up in a system that was detrimental to the life and progress of "racial equality". All the protesting and marching is a trap to get blacks to step in the role of enemy of the state by becoming agents of anarchy (according to the government definitions, not mine).  Basically black people in this country have been terrorized to the point where they think have no other choice but to join "political" affiliations that are deemed terrorist in nature by the powers that be giving them legal justification for harsh treatment (Homeland Security).  

I commend Maclom X for setting the trend of scholarly research and education of self, versus memorization of rhetoric. 
What goes on today? 

Furthermore, are you saying that MLK was detrimental?  I'm trying to understand the premise of your post there.

Because when people protest and march against the government in the uninformed we shall overcome manner in which MLK promoted, black folks end up dead. ( dogs, high pressured water, military action, riots etc.) and the government has justification. The fashion in which MLK was mobilizing people was going to get people killed that's what I'm saying. People cannot be unified under polarized racial titles like MLK was proclaiming. MLK I have a dream was a positive speech don't get me wrong, but at most it has been nothing but lip service for corporate campaigns like black history month incorporated, mcdonalds black history month incorporated, and a very efficient tool at targeting the black demographic in media. Under the guise of this mans speech, this same country still promotes genocide and war as policy. Like Jesus Walks by Kanye yet people nowadays are unsure of his allegiance (illuminati conspiracies).  Just because something sounds good, does not make it true and cut in stone. Why do you think MLK is blasted in our faces when it comes to black history? MLK was successful in creating the stalemate archetype on race relations in this country and that is why the philosophy reigns supreme in our market.

How you expect to be taken serious when your posts include a gif of Antoine Dodson (sp) and a Kanye west illuminati reference?
You fail to understand that both of these men more or less had the same goal. You may not agree with the approach one way or the other but to try to downplay the importance of either Malcolm X or MLK on account of you not approving of their philosophies is beyond foolish.
Clearly u can't read because I ain't downplaying either of them. If you looking for someone to hop on the shame wagon for me then you need to debate me rather than poke fun at my points. you ready?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Some main points that stuck from reading his autobiography was how he proclaimed christianity was the slave master's religion and blacks have no business practicing Christianity which I agree with.
Man it seems that we either don't care to acknowledge that or we don't know or think about it. I ask people this all the time and nobody can seem to give me an answer. Whatever the slave master did to get us to believe in it, he did a GREAT job. A GREAT job. We are terrified to even question the legitimacy of Christianity.
I was raised christian but as I become more knowledgeable and educated I couldn't see the legitimacy. Malcolm said that Christianity's turn the other cheek philosophy is the reason we have been oppressed like we have. He says the slave master promised a heaven after death while the slavemaster was living heaven on earth. I also believe that the blond blue-eyed jesus most christians worship increases subconscious thoughts of white supremacy and self-hatred. 
No Malcolm X in my history text
Why is that?
Cause he tried to educate and liberate all blacks
Why is Martin Luther King in my book each week?
He told blacks, if they get smacked, turn the other cheek

Words Of Wisdom- Tupac

Some main points that stuck from reading his autobiography was how he proclaimed christianity was the slave master's religion and blacks have no business practicing Christianity which I agree with.
Man it seems that we either don't care to acknowledge that or we don't know or think about it. I ask people this all the time and nobody can seem to give me an answer. Whatever the slave master did to get us to believe in it, he did a GREAT job. A GREAT job. We are terrified to even question the legitimacy of Christianity.
I was raised christian but as I become more knowledgeable and educated I couldn't see the legitimacy. Malcolm said that Christianity's turn the other cheek philosophy is the reason we have been oppressed like we have. He says the slave master promised a heaven after death while the slavemaster was living heaven on earth. I also believe that the blond blue-eyed jesus most christians worship increases subconscious thoughts of white supremacy and self-hatred. 
Why is that?

Words Of Wisdom- Tupac

In his autobiography Malcolmexplains that after his split between the NOI be was forced to reconsider whohe was, and the message that he wanted to convey to the world.  This would begin with his trip to Mecca.  In Mecca X was exposed to a vast amount ofdifferent ethnic groups, and this led to his epiphany that the perception ofrace was a social construct:

Inthe Muslim world, I had seen that men with white complexions were moregenuinely brotherly than anyone else had ever been.  That morning was the start of a radicalalteration in my whole outlook about “white

In his autobiography Malcolmexplains that after his split between the NOI be was forced to reconsider whohe was, and the message that he wanted to convey to the world.  This would begin with his trip to Mecca.  In Mecca X was exposed to a vast amount ofdifferent ethnic groups, and this led to his epiphany that the perception ofrace was a social construct:

Inthe Muslim world, I had seen that men with white complexions were moregenuinely brotherly than anyone else had ever been.  That morning was the start of a radicalalteration in my whole outlook about “white

Originally Posted by I AM KNOWLEDGE

Originally Posted by I AM KNOWLEDGE

What up is an idiot
smh.gif

and torgriffith i THINK i get what you're saying but you're not putting it out there clear enough for the people who aren't as well versed in this subject. i'm not going to say what i think because i'm still not sure but please be more clear with your point.

What up is an idiot
smh.gif

and torgriffith i THINK i get what you're saying but you're not putting it out there clear enough for the people who aren't as well versed in this subject. i'm not going to say what i think because i'm still not sure but please be more clear with your point.

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Why is that?

Words Of Wisdom- Tupac

eek.gif

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Why is that?

Words Of Wisdom- Tupac

eek.gif

It is not a war on Blacks vs Whites its a war on the haves vs the have nots. Why do you think there were black slave owners? At the end of the day it is about money and if us Blacks really want to make a difference we should join forces with the low middle class and start boycotting things. Just image if all blacks and low middle class citizens decided to take all of they money out of Bank of America (I'm using BAC as an example). Just image if the people in NYC who complain about real estate prices being to high didn't pay their rent for 3 months straight the type of hell that would cause. Please stop thinking it is a black and white war it is a rich and poor war.

It is not a war on Blacks vs Whites its a war on the haves vs the have nots. Why do you think there were black slave owners? At the end of the day it is about money and if us Blacks really want to make a difference we should join forces with the low middle class and start boycotting things. Just image if all blacks and low middle class citizens decided to take all of they money out of Bank of America (I'm using BAC as an example). Just image if the people in NYC who complain about real estate prices being to high didn't pay their rent for 3 months straight the type of hell that would cause. Please stop thinking it is a black and white war it is a rich and poor war.

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

What up is an idiot
smh.gif

I feel you and I think that's what is going on here. Plus I define each word I type so I know what I'm saying while people are still on the implied meaning of words versus going and seeing what each word, phrase, concept conveys.
What I'm saying is that MLK and MX are one in the same, but there methods are not the same. MLK wanted to change a system designed to be broken by the forefathers of this country. MX said we need new independence because clearly those that got the power are not trying to negotiate logically and work things out. 

The difference between the two ideas is that MX concepts were to start something new, while MLK was more along the lines of continuing the establishment hence why his endorsement deal has been so successful for the face of this "country". If this is any clearer...

What up is an idiot
smh.gif

I feel you and I think that's what is going on here. Plus I define each word I type so I know what I'm saying while people are still on the implied meaning of words versus going and seeing what each word, phrase, concept conveys.
What I'm saying is that MLK and MX are one in the same, but there methods are not the same. MLK wanted to change a system designed to be broken by the forefathers of this country. MX said we need new independence because clearly those that got the power are not trying to negotiate logically and work things out. 

The difference between the two ideas is that MX concepts were to start something new, while MLK was more along the lines of continuing the establishment hence why his endorsement deal has been so successful for the face of this "country". If this is any clearer...

What up is an idiot
smh.gif

You fail to understand that
both of these men more or less had the same goal. You may not agree with the approach one way or the other but to try to downplay the importance of either Malcolm X or MLK on account of you not approving of their philosophies is beyond foolish.

So we are saying the same thing. Only difference is you explained yourself a lot clearer the 3rd time around.

What up is an idiot
smh.gif

You fail to understand that
both of these men more or less had the same goal. You may not agree with the approach one way or the other but to try to downplay the importance of either Malcolm X or MLK on account of you not approving of their philosophies is beyond foolish.

So we are saying the same thing. Only difference is you explained yourself a lot clearer the 3rd time around.

I've been posting exerts from an old term paper, but I could talk brother Malcolm for days.  I actually got a chance to meet his daughter last year, she spoke at my university about how her father was an international man. 

My biggest issue is the way people perceive him because of his stance on violence.  I feel like King was a good guy, but there's no way I could have been with the non violence movement.  Like X, I believe that you have to be mentally ill to set and let someone beat on you because we are all equipped with the instinct of self-preservation.  Perhaps the non-violence movement was self-preservation in the long run, but at the end of the day, a man has the right to defend himself, and as John Locke, who Jefferson basically plagiarized said, when the government fails to uphold the law, it's the citizens job to dissolve the government and form a new one.  

People also have to put it in context.  Malcolm X came from the bottom, pretty much the lowest of the low.  He was a self made man who didn't even have a high school education.  Give that man King's upbringing and resources, and there's no telling where he would have reached.  However, I celebrate the level that he did reach despite his circumstances.  Because of where he came from, he had an ability to reach certain people that King just couldn't.  And in fact, his 'celebrity' was growing due to the fact that people were getting tired of the non-violent %$!+$*@!.  Like I posted before, the March in Washington was put on to persuade Congress to pass civil rights legislation, and a year had passed with nothing.  That's what led to the ballot or the bullet.

But here's a quote that really resonates with me.   \

They say Malcolm X challenged blacks not merely to integrateAmerica, but also to change it and to redefine how they saw themselves. Hechallenged all Americans to come to terms with a nation that preached libertyon one hand yet treated its darker citizens with violence and hatred on theother, they say. Malcolm X also openly articulated an anger among blacks: manyhad suffocated while hoping that things would change or despairing that theyever would.

Many black intellectuals say few black leaders today canmatch Malcolm X's ability to reach those at the bottom. His contemporary, theRev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., while revered by many black people, was achild of the middle class whose measured appeals to white morality and whoseintegrationist blueprint for change could only go so far, they say. What manyyoung people are seeking in Malcolm X is some reflection of themselves andtheir own experience as quintessential outsiders. So Malcolm X perseveres as aparadigm for the black underclass, capable of transcending economic frustrationsand societal dislocations.

Back
Top Bottom