Malcolm X thread.

Originally Posted by Diego

Malcolm X is appreciated.
MLK is appreciated.

But comparing them to each other and saying who is better as if they didnt die in the name of equality, I find to be a tad bit disrespectful.
Just my opinion.

Im not black if it matters.
MLK was preaching pie in sky to an oppressed people. I have a dream was an excellent idea at the time, but we live and work together now as a people and still look what goes on today. This clearly ain't that dream and if you think it is then
390356125.jpg

Real talk, MLK sounded good and looked good with what he was doing at the time, but the reality was that he was setting black people up in a system that was detrimental to the life and progress of "racial equality". All the protesting and marching is a trap to get blacks to step in the role of enemy of the state by becoming agents of anarchy (according to the government definitions, not mine).  Basically black people in this country have been terrorized to the point where they think have no other choice but to join "political" affiliations that are deemed terrorist in nature by the powers that be giving them legal justification for harsh treatment (Homeland Security).  

I commend Maclom X for setting the trend of scholarly research and education of self, versus memorization of rhetoric. 

Originally Posted by Diego

Malcolm X is appreciated.
MLK is appreciated.

But comparing them to each other and saying who is better as if they didnt die in the name of equality, I find to be a tad bit disrespectful.
Just my opinion.

Im not black if it matters.
MLK was preaching pie in sky to an oppressed people. I have a dream was an excellent idea at the time, but we live and work together now as a people and still look what goes on today. This clearly ain't that dream and if you think it is then
390356125.jpg

Real talk, MLK sounded good and looked good with what he was doing at the time, but the reality was that he was setting black people up in a system that was detrimental to the life and progress of "racial equality". All the protesting and marching is a trap to get blacks to step in the role of enemy of the state by becoming agents of anarchy (according to the government definitions, not mine).  Basically black people in this country have been terrorized to the point where they think have no other choice but to join "political" affiliations that are deemed terrorist in nature by the powers that be giving them legal justification for harsh treatment (Homeland Security).  

I commend Maclom X for setting the trend of scholarly research and education of self, versus memorization of rhetoric. 

Originally Posted by Jking0821

I always found it odd as a kid that in school we praised MLK and that in every History book there a chapter dedicated to MLK. But Malcolm is a footnote at best.

I always thought that was a subliminal message. That it is wrong to revolt and that passive is the way to go. Like MLK was right and Malcolm was wrong.

smh at school history books
they give us what THEY want us to learn. Funny how people have to un-educate themselves after school. They both were right, it's just that government couldn't be satisfied with a non-violent or violent method. So they took both from us
tired.gif
. Many black leaders, philosophers, sociologist have been treated the same way. Might not have been assassinated but were banished from the US 

I always found it odd as a kid that in school we praised MLK and that in every History book there a chapter dedicated to MLK. But Malcolm is a footnote at best.

I always thought that was a subliminal message. That it is wrong to revolt and that passive is the way to go. Like MLK was right and Malcolm was wrong.

they give us what THEY want us to learn. Funny how people have to un-educate themselves after school. They both were right, it's just that government couldn't be satisfied with a non-violent or violent method. So they took both from us
tired.gif
. Many black leaders, philosophers, sociologist have been treated the same way. Might not have been assassinated but were banished from the US 

I don't think you understand the whole situation. To put it in a nutshell, Martin Luther King, Jr used a European philosophy to model is efforts after. We happen to live in a country of European decent (majority of the population and politics wise). Malcolm X didn't follow that path as much. By no means am I trying to down Malcolm, it's just that MLK's efforts were far more beneficial to Blacks. If anyone thinks that Malcolm's way would have worked without MLK, they're in denial. Maybe if the population was more even between blacks and whites violence would have been the answer but not when one is far less represented. Malcolm also wanted Blacks to be on their own (businesses, neighborhoods, etc) this also would have never worked economically. 
And if you're black and the only thing you know about Civil Rights, Black History, etc. is from your high school history books, you may want to take some time out to go to your local library and check something out. Things may be 'left out' in high school history books, but nothing is really hidden from anyone. 

I don't think you understand the whole situation. To put it in a nutshell, Martin Luther King, Jr used a European philosophy to model is efforts after. We happen to live in a country of European decent (majority of the population and politics wise). Malcolm X didn't follow that path as much. By no means am I trying to down Malcolm, it's just that MLK's efforts were far more beneficial to Blacks. If anyone thinks that Malcolm's way would have worked without MLK, they're in denial. Maybe if the population was more even between blacks and whites violence would have been the answer but not when one is far less represented. Malcolm also wanted Blacks to be on their own (businesses, neighborhoods, etc) this also would have never worked economically. 
And if you're black and the only thing you know about Civil Rights, Black History, etc. is from your high school history books, you may want to take some time out to go to your local library and check something out. Things may be 'left out' in high school history books, but nothing is really hidden from anyone. 

Originally Posted by got shoes

tired.gif
From the little bit that i know it seemed that Malcolm X had a sizable following that could compare to that of MLK.  But yet we have a National Holiday dedicated to MLK.  We went that far to try and convince the general public that what MLK was preaching was the "right" way of doing things.  And that non violence would solve things.

selrahc123:
I'm not saying that i agree with one side over the other.  I just think that Malcolm deserves more recognition for what he did for the whole civil rights movement.  And i think that should be acknowledged more in general society.  

Originally Posted by got shoes

tired.gif
From the little bit that i know it seemed that Malcolm X had a sizable following that could compare to that of MLK.  But yet we have a National Holiday dedicated to MLK.  We went that far to try and convince the general public that what MLK was preaching was the "right" way of doing things.  And that non violence would solve things.

selrahc123:
I'm not saying that i agree with one side over the other.  I just think that Malcolm deserves more recognition for what he did for the whole civil rights movement.  And i think that should be acknowledged more in general society.  

Malcolm X really had a following comparable to MLK? Doesn't seem right to me. And I thought MLK derived many of his philosophies from my Gujarati brother Gandhi? Civil disobedience is a European philosophy?

Malcolm X really had a following comparable to MLK? Doesn't seem right to me. And I thought MLK derived many of his philosophies from my Gujarati brother Gandhi? Civil disobedience is a European philosophy?

i wouldn't say malcolm x (alone) had a comparable following but his method, which was the same as BPP, had (i think) about as many supporters as mlk's. so in a way x's following was a combination of his influence along with the influence of NOI and BPP cause they wanted to achieve equality in the method opposite of mlk/followed the same ideology.

did that make sense?

i wouldn't say malcolm x (alone) had a comparable following but his method, which was the same as BPP, had (i think) about as many supporters as mlk's. so in a way x's following was a combination of his influence along with the influence of NOI and BPP cause they wanted to achieve equality in the method opposite of mlk/followed the same ideology.

did that make sense?

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Haha my man read his letter from Birmingham jail and tell me his ideas don't resemble Locke's philosophies and the Founding Father's Declaration. And Gandhi was educated in London might I add. 

Haha my man read his letter from Birmingham jail and tell me his ideas don't resemble Locke's philosophies and the Founding Father's Declaration. And Gandhi was educated in London might I add. 

Originally Posted by selrahc123

Haha my man read his letter from Birmingham jail and tell me his ideas don't resemble Locke's philosophies and the Founding Father's Declaration. 
They are concepts of the enlightenment / illuminati movement. 

Originally Posted by selrahc123

Haha my man read his letter from Birmingham jail and tell me his ideas don't resemble Locke's philosophies and the Founding Father's Declaration. 
They are concepts of the enlightenment / illuminati movement. 

I just spent some time reading about him. He lamented 12 years of his life ("Well, I guess a man's entitled to make a fool of himself if he's ready to pay the cost. It cost me 12 years."). Do his admirers?

I just spent some time reading about him. He lamented 12 years of his life ("Well, I guess a man's entitled to make a fool of himself if he's ready to pay the cost. It cost me 12 years."). Do his admirers?

Not disagreeing with anyone, but MLK had a huge following. We have think back when MLK methods was assimilate all ethnic groups and not divide apart like Malcolm. More people are going to side with a peaceful aspect than a violent one. People could not tolerate the injustice that the government was employing. I love X's approach cuz he didn't back down from anything or anyone. If something that didn't feel right to him was known, he would voice his opinion. Plain and simple

Not disagreeing with anyone, but MLK had a huge following. We have think back when MLK methods was assimilate all ethnic groups and not divide apart like Malcolm. More people are going to side with a peaceful aspect than a violent one. People could not tolerate the injustice that the government was employing. I love X's approach cuz he didn't back down from anything or anyone. If something that didn't feel right to him was known, he would voice his opinion. Plain and simple

Malcolm X never advocated violence, though. Self-defense, of course, but he demanded respect and sought peace above all.

Back
Top Bottom