Malcolm X thread.

Malcolm X never advocated violence, though. Self-defense, of course, but he demanded respect and sought peace above all.

Malcolm X was a tad bit extremist. But I do look up to him and I am heavily influenced by him.

Martin Luther King Jr. is the most influential man in the history of America, in my honest opinion.

I mean, hoping one day children of all races can walk down the street holding each other's hand? and sit in the same classroom?

Being able to eat at the same restaurants? A dream Blacks will stop killing each other?

C'mon NT family. There is not a more important person in the history of America. Let's be logical.

Malcolm X was a tad bit extremist. But I do look up to him and I am heavily influenced by him.

Martin Luther King Jr. is the most influential man in the history of America, in my honest opinion.

I mean, hoping one day children of all races can walk down the street holding each other's hand? and sit in the same classroom?

Being able to eat at the same restaurants? A dream Blacks will stop killing each other?

C'mon NT family. There is not a more important person in the history of America. Let's be logical.

ShoxBb433 wrote:
images

Some main points that stuck from reading his autobiography was how he proclaimed christianity was the slave master's religion and blacks have no business practicing Christianity which I agree with. He put so much faith into Elijah Muhammad/Nation of Islam and not only was Elijah Muhammad a hypocrite, the religion ended up getting Malcolm killed.

This.....I mean technically speaking black people have no business practicing Islam either.

Anyhow MLK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MALCOM X, I'll just leave it at that.

ShoxBb433 wrote:
images

Some main points that stuck from reading his autobiography was how he proclaimed christianity was the slave master's religion and blacks have no business practicing Christianity which I agree with. He put so much faith into Elijah Muhammad/Nation of Islam and not only was Elijah Muhammad a hypocrite, the religion ended up getting Malcolm killed.

This.....I mean technically speaking black people have no business practicing Islam either.

Anyhow MLK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MALCOM X, I'll just leave it at that.

Originally Posted by torgriffith

Originally Posted by Diego

Malcolm X is appreciated.
MLK is appreciated.

But comparing them to each other and saying who is better as if they didnt die in the name of equality, I find to be a tad bit disrespectful.
Just my opinion.

Im not black if it matters.
MLK was preaching pie in sky to an oppressed people. I have a dream was an excellent idea at the time, but we live and work together now as a people and still look what goes on today. This clearly ain't that dream and if you think it is then
390356125.jpg

Real talk, MLK sounded good and looked good with what he was doing at the time, but the reality was that he was setting black people up in a system that was detrimental to the life and progress of "racial equality". All the protesting and marching is a trap to get blacks to step in the role of enemy of the state by becoming agents of anarchy (according to the government definitions, not mine).  Basically black people in this country have been terrorized to the point where they think have no other choice but to join "political" affiliations that are deemed terrorist in nature by the powers that be giving them legal justification for harsh treatment (Homeland Security).  

I commend Maclom X for setting the trend of scholarly research and education of self, versus memorization of rhetoric. 
What goes on today? 

Furthermore, are you saying that MLK was detrimental?  I'm trying to understand the premise of your post there.

MLK is appreciated.

But comparing them to each other and saying who is better as if they didnt die in the name of equality, I find to be a tad bit disrespectful.
Just my opinion.

MLK was preaching pie in sky to an oppressed people. I have a dream was an excellent idea at the time, but we live and work together now as a people and still look what goes on today. This clearly ain't that dream and if you think it is then
390356125.jpg

Real talk, MLK sounded good and looked good with what he was doing at the time, but the reality was that he was setting black people up in a system that was detrimental to the life and progress of "racial equality". All the protesting and marching is a trap to get blacks to step in the role of enemy of the state by becoming agents of anarchy (according to the government definitions, not mine).  Basically black people in this country have been terrorized to the point where they think have no other choice but to join "political" affiliations that are deemed terrorist in nature by the powers that be giving them legal justification for harsh treatment (Homeland Security).  

I commend Maclom X for setting the trend of scholarly research and education of self, versus memorization of rhetoric. 
What goes on today? 

Furthermore, are you saying that MLK was detrimental?  I'm trying to understand the premise of your post there.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by ShoxBb433

Some main points that stuck from reading his autobiography was how he proclaimed christianity was the slave master's religion and blacks have no business practicing Christianity which I agree with.
Man it seems that we either don't care to acknowledge that or we don't know or think about it. I ask people this all the time and nobody can seem to give me an answer. Whatever the slave master did to get us to believe in it, he did a GREAT job. A GREAT job. We are terrified to even question the legitimacy of Christianity.
I was raised christian but as I become more knowledgeable and educated I couldn't see the legitimacy. Malcolm said that Christianity's turn the other cheek philosophy is the reason we have been oppressed like we have. He says the slave master promised a heaven after death while the slavemaster was living heaven on earth. I also believe that the blond blue-eyed jesus most christians worship increases subconscious thoughts of white supremacy and self-hatred. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I LOVE THIS THREAD
pimp.gif

Please keep this going. I wish more of my peers could think and express themselves this way.

Some main points that stuck from reading his autobiography was how he proclaimed christianity was the slave master's religion and blacks have no business practicing Christianity which I agree with.
Man it seems that we either don't care to acknowledge that or we don't know or think about it. I ask people this all the time and nobody can seem to give me an answer. Whatever the slave master did to get us to believe in it, he did a GREAT job. A GREAT job. We are terrified to even question the legitimacy of Christianity.
I was raised christian but as I become more knowledgeable and educated I couldn't see the legitimacy. Malcolm said that Christianity's turn the other cheek philosophy is the reason we have been oppressed like we have. He says the slave master promised a heaven after death while the slavemaster was living heaven on earth. I also believe that the blond blue-eyed jesus most christians worship increases subconscious thoughts of white supremacy and self-hatred. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I LOVE THIS THREAD
pimp.gif

Please keep this going. I wish more of my peers could think and express themselves this way.

Originally Posted by cguy610

MLK is appreciated.

Just my opinion.

390356125.jpg

What goes on today? 

Because when people protest and march against the government in the uninformed we shall overcome manner in which MLK promoted, black folks end up dead. ( dogs, high pressured water, military action, riots etc.) and the government has justification. The fashion in which MLK was mobilizing people was going to get people killed that's what I'm saying. People cannot be unified under polarized racial titles like MLK was proclaiming. MLK I have a dream was a positive speech don't get me wrong, but at most it has been nothing but lip service for corporate campaigns like black history month incorporated, mcdonalds black history month incorporated, and a very efficient tool at targeting the black demographic in media. Under the guise of this mans speech, this same country still promotes genocide and war as policy. Like Jesus Walks by Kanye yet people nowadays are unsure of his allegiance (illuminati conspiracies).  Just because something sounds good, does not make it true and cut in stone. Why do you think MLK is blasted in our faces when it comes to black history? MLK was successful in creating the stalemate archetype on race relations in this country and that is why the philosophy reigns supreme in our market.

MLK is appreciated.

Just my opinion.

390356125.jpg

What goes on today? 

Because when people protest and march against the government in the uninformed we shall overcome manner in which MLK promoted, black folks end up dead. ( dogs, high pressured water, military action, riots etc.) and the government has justification. The fashion in which MLK was mobilizing people was going to get people killed that's what I'm saying. People cannot be unified under polarized racial titles like MLK was proclaiming. MLK I have a dream was a positive speech don't get me wrong, but at most it has been nothing but lip service for corporate campaigns like black history month incorporated, mcdonalds black history month incorporated, and a very efficient tool at targeting the black demographic in media. Under the guise of this mans speech, this same country still promotes genocide and war as policy. Like Jesus Walks by Kanye yet people nowadays are unsure of his allegiance (illuminati conspiracies).  Just because something sounds good, does not make it true and cut in stone. Why do you think MLK is blasted in our faces when it comes to black history? MLK was successful in creating the stalemate archetype on race relations in this country and that is why the philosophy reigns supreme in our market.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

THIS....He's America's Gandhi. I have a lot of respect for Malcom though.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

THIS....He's America's Gandhi. I have a lot of respect for Malcom though.

This guy was truly inspiring.
-Dropped out of school in 9th grade. 

-Hustled in Boston and Harlem.

-long prison bid.

So inspiring.

This guy was truly inspiring.
-Dropped out of school in 9th grade. 

-Hustled in Boston and Harlem.

-long prison bid.

So inspiring.

Hold up. MLK was going to get black people killed? You don't think the US Govt would have squashed the NOI movement like a bug if they started acting violently? Where is the logic in your statement?

Civil Rights Act, Voting Rights Act, 24th Amendment are all just figments of my imagination I guess. Can't believe MLK is being denigrated like this
smh.gif

Malcolm X himself renounced his work in the NOI. He was so smart he could honestly admit his mistakes. That's why I respect even more.

Hold up. MLK was going to get black people killed? You don't think the US Govt would have squashed the NOI movement like a bug if they started acting violently? Where is the logic in your statement?

Civil Rights Act, Voting Rights Act, 24th Amendment are all just figments of my imagination I guess. Can't believe MLK is being denigrated like this
smh.gif

Malcolm X himself renounced his work in the NOI. He was so smart he could honestly admit his mistakes. That's why I respect even more.

MLK is appreciated.

Just my opinion.

390356125.jpg

What goes on today? 

What exactly are you arguing?
How you expect to be taken serious when your posts include a gif of Antoine Dodson (sp) and a Kanye west illuminati reference?
You fail to understand that both of these men more or less had the same goal. You may not agree with the approach one way or the other but to try to downplay the importance of either Malcolm X or MLK on account of you not approving of their philosophies is beyond foolish.

MLK is appreciated.

Just my opinion.

390356125.jpg

What goes on today? 

What exactly are you arguing?
How you expect to be taken serious when your posts include a gif of Antoine Dodson (sp) and a Kanye west illuminati reference?
You fail to understand that both of these men more or less had the same goal. You may not agree with the approach one way or the other but to try to downplay the importance of either Malcolm X or MLK on account of you not approving of their philosophies is beyond foolish.

MLK is appreciated.

Just my opinion.

390356125.jpg

What goes on today? 

You're talking foolishness and ignorance right now.  Just stop while you're behind. 

MLK is appreciated.

Just my opinion.

390356125.jpg

What goes on today? 

You're talking foolishness and ignorance right now.  Just stop while you're behind. 

Back
Top Bottom