LOST Season 6 Preseason Thread vol. we almost there!

Originally Posted by truestt

Season 1 is on Hulu
Yeah, my roommate told me that they took all but Season 1 and a few of Season 5 episodes down for some reason.

They should still be available on ABC.com, though.

They're all off ABC also to my knowledge. I haven't looked but people have been complaining like mad about seasons being gone. I can understand themwanting people to buy the DVDs and whatnot, but you can at least leave season 5 on there for us since it isn't available anywhere (legally) yet.

7hu2U4T6Cqgalh3fUyqPUHbJo1_r1_400.jpg

I hope people put things in spoiler tags when Season 6 rumors start rolling around. I wasn't in this thread for S5 for that reason. I want to stay
nerd.gif

I thought everyone did a great job of using spoiler tags. I do think this year I'm going to just watch the show instead of trying to find little spoilers.Episode titles may be as far as I go with wanting to read any spoilers this season.

And WOW!!! on the title of the first episode of S6!!! CAN NOT WAIT!!!! Since we have the first episode title, are we gonna use this thread for S6 or start anew one? It's going to be a very sad day when/if this one dies.

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

I thought everyone did a great job of using spoiler tags. I do think this year I'm going to just watch the show instead of trying to find little spoilers. Episode titles may be as far as I go with wanting to read any spoilers this season.

And WOW!!! on the title of the first episode of S6!!! CAN NOT WAIT!!!! Since we have the first episode title, are we gonna use this thread for S6 or start a new one? It's going to be a very sad day when/if this one dies.
I suggest to use this thread for S6..of course just change the title. There are a lot of discussions, theories, spoilers and everything thatrelates to the LOST story not only S5.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sole vintage

if you guys have a 360 and netfilx you can stream season 1-4 in HD
That's exactly what I've been doing. Pretty hooked already. I'm in the middle of season 2 and I just started a week ago. I'mtrying to get caught up by the time the semester starts.

Originally Posted by CasperJr

am i missing something wats so
eek.gif
and the title name?
Nothing. PPL just really think/want their theories to be right about the explosion resetting the time line. If that's right then flight 815should be landing at LAX as planned and none of the Losties ever crashed on the island.

Then there's the opposite theory that makes more sense imo, that the bomb going off where the Swan would be built is the Incident and the rule still stands that whatever happened happened. Meaning that Juliet ALWAYS fell down the hatch and hitthe bomb with a rock setting it off.

Got this from another board. For those who have a hard time staying spoiler free like myself....heres a collection of all the spoilers we seem to know forseason 6 SO FAR.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Obviously some of this stuff is old and it has changed, but it's still a good read.
glasses.gif

Spoiler [+]
* new 09/08 - It might be a busy season for Grunberg, who has also been approached about appearing on Lost. The actor, who played pilot Seth Norris of Oceanic flight 815 in the very first episode, got a call about coming back for the last season of the hit ABC show. Grunberg is totally game for anything the Lost producers can cook up for him, but he has no idea what they are planning. "That's literally where my call ended," he says. Norris didn't survive the island, but as more of Lost's characters who met the grim reaper are signing on to appear one last time, it would only be appropriate to bring back the man who flew them to the island in the first place. "If NBC will allow it," Grunberg says. "I will go back." Source: TV Guide Magazine

* 08/03 - We won't see much DHARMA in Season 6. Jacob has NOT appeared as another character on the show. Source: Lost Spoilers

* 08/02 - Season six of Lost will be reminiscent of season one in that there will be a lot of running through the jungle and emotional development for the characters. The marketing graphic for Lost season six included all our favorite characters (heralding the return of many of them) but the important thing is that the last character added to the animation was Locke, and he was very obviously facing backward, while all the other characters were facing forward. Ahhh, Unlocke! According to Carlton [Cuse] the time-travel season is over and the flash-forward season is over and they're moving on to something altogether different for season six. According to Josh Holloway in the press room, Sawyer will be destroyed by the tragedy of Juliet, pushing him back towards his original, more "salty" character. He'll still carry around season' five's character growth, but he'll be rejecting it. [...] The extensive backstory of Richard Alpert will be explored in season six. [...] As we learned earlier this summer, Elizabeth Mitchell will appear on Lost in season six. According to Damon, her survival is contigent upon Jack's plan working. Jeremy Davies will appear as Daniel Faraday in Lost season six. [...] According to a [fake] clip from America's Most Wanted, Kate Austen did not in fact kill her stepfather in an explosion, but she killed his employee, a plumber's assistant, instead. Have we wandered into alternate-timeline territory? And could that timeline possibly start before the crash of Oceanic 815? Two other videos that hinted at an alternate timeline were Mr. Cluck's (starring CEO Hugo Reyes) and an Oceanic Airlines commercial that said they've never had a crash... [... Dominic Monaghan] is set to appear in three episodes in season six. Source: Kristin on E!Online

* 08/02 - [Ian] Somehalder told EW exclusively that Lost producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse only told him half an hour before the Vampire Diaries panel that he will be coming back next season. "It's not clear yet" when it'll happen but "it'll be very soon." Somerhalder said he wasn't necessarily surprised at the development, because he had been talking to the producers for some time about returning. "It's just a matter of timing and getting me down there," says Somerhalder. Source: The Ausiello Files

* 08/02 - Lost's Nestor Carbonell will finally be a series regular next season. "I'm moving my whole family to Hawaii next week," Nestor tells me. "This whole time I've been flying back and forth, but now I'll be living on the island with the others. They tell me I'll be in 16 of the 18 episodes." Executive producers Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof say his backstory will take a significant time to reveal. Adds the actor: "Obviously Richard doesn't age, so I'm most curious to know how old he is and if he's in fact pulling the strings." Source: TV Guide Magazine

* 08/02 - The return of familiar faces - including the decidedly dead and presumed dead - will also come into play, with both Jeremy Davies and Elizabeth Mitchell set to reprise their roles as Faraday and Juliet. And based on the dramatic timing of Dominic Monaghan's last-moment arrival on the dais [at Comic-Con], Charlie would seem a safe bet to (somehow) resurface as well. And the encores might not stop there. "There's a good chance you'll be seeing many characters you haven't seen since the first season," said [Damon] Lindelof. Some tropes will be absent from Season 6. Time-travel is so yesterday, the producers indicated, and flashbacks/forwards are long gone. Instead, Lindelof said, "We're going to do something different" to tell the final 18 hours' worth of story. Source: TV Guide Online

* 06/14 - Team Darlton is checking the availability of several MVPs [from past seasons to appear in the series final season. ...] After sitting out last season, [Emilie] de Ravin will return as a full-time series regular for Lost's sixth and final season, Team Darlton confirms. "Damon and I are very excited to bring Claire back to the show," says Carlton Cuse, "and even more excited for people to experience just how she will return." Source: The Ausiello Files

* 06/14 - "Like, a third of the way in to the season, I would guess we are going to settle into one time frame, and it will be very linear-no more flashbacks, nothing. It will be on the Island and sort of a final conflict to the end," said [Matthew] Fox. He assured fans that all the crazy storylines introduced in earlier seasons will be resolved and that the conflict between Jack and Locke "will come head to head" this season, but he wouldn't divulge more than that. When asked what would happen if he did, he said, "Some guys would pull up outside this building in a white van and masks, and I'd never be seen again." Source: Kristin on E!Online

* 06/14 - Lost masterminds Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse have been dropping hints about how the show will end next spring. Among the mysteries unravelled in the very last episode will be the significance of the four-toed statue, what the Smoke Monster really is and who the skeletons in the cave
were. [...] Says Cuse: "The end of the show will be a combination of trying to answer mysteries the audience still cares about, such as the statue and the Smoke Monster. We'll also be answering the skeletons in the cave question. We will answer the questions we feel are important and central to the plot. At the same time we will be trying to tell redemption stories about the characters. These characters do indeed have a destiny." Source: Sunday Mercury

* 05/27 - [Elizabeth Mitchell] will not be returning to Lost as a series regular. [...] Multiple sources confirm that the actress is expected to appear in an unspecified number of episodes next season, so it's entirely possible Juliet survived Jughead and her absence will be explained in another way. Source: The Ausiello Files

* 05/08 - Damon [Lindelof] said that when the show ends, "All of the character resolutions will be very defined. There is going to be no cut to black. The show for me and Carlton Cuse and J.J. Abrams and all the people writing it-it's not about the Island. The Island is where it takes place. It's about this group of people who crashed on the Island on Sept. 22, 2004 and how they influenced the history of the Island in some ways and had a very significant and pivotal role to play there. You're going to see that role play out, and their fates will all be resolved by the end of the series- that's the story that we're telling. In terms of every little bit of minutiae about the Island itself...There will be questions left unanswered after the show ends." Libby's story will not be wrapped up on the show. Said Damon, "I have learned that if you kill someone off the show, they are less likely to cooperate with you." Basically, Cynthia Watros is busy until further notice, and they can't explain Libby without her, at least not in any way that shows her story rather than annoyingly tells her story. What's the takeaway for us fans? Next time you've got Damon cornered, don't waste your breath asking about Libby. Instead, bust his chops about another very important blonde: Claire! Where is that little minx, anyway? Source: Kristin on E!Online

* 07/12/2008 - John Terry (Christian) and Alan Dale (Widmore) are in talks to return next season on a recurring basis. In the fine print of both their contracts, it states that Lost has the right to pick up series regular options on both actors for the show's sixth and final season. Source: The Ausiello Files

* 05/03/2007 - Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse were on the Drew and Mike radio show. They revealed that the smoke monster will not be explained until the end of the series. Source: The Tail Section

* 05/01/2007 - Lost Spoilers offers us a summary of the spoilers Cuse and Lindelof revealed in the latest podcast: They will be revisiting the psychic's predictions for Claire in the future as well as Walt's abilities. The Others' obsession with children and pregnancy goes beyond the inability to successfully bear children on the island. The Other's definitely have an interest in children with special abilities. That's why they took Walt. There are two factions of The Others and are in no relation to the hatches/stations. They will be getting back to the statue before the show ends. Source: Lost Podcasts

* 02/12/2006 - Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof reveal: Given everything else we have to tell, [Libby's story] is going to be a mystery that's going to have to get answered in year 4. There's really one significant missing piece to Libby's story. We saw in the season finale last year that she met with Desmond, she gave him his boat, and we know that her husband died - and then we know that subsequent to that, she spent some time in a mental institution, the same one as Hurley. The question the audience wants answered is, How did she get from A to B - from Desmond to the mental institution? We know the answer to that question, but the only way to tell that story is through another character's flashback, and that character would have to be another character on the show who is not among the beach dwellers. Source: Kristin on E!Online

* 11/08/2006 - [Eko might be back and it] might not necessarily be a flashback episode. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

* 07/22/2006 - Viewers will learn why Libby was in the asylum, and why the island has healing powers. Source: Sci Fi Wire

* 05/14/2006 - Damon Lindelof [reveals]: Libby's got this mysterious backstory, of which we've only given you the tip of the iceberg. We know she's spent some time in the mental institution with Hurley, and the idea of killing her before she had an opportunity to explain how she got there... we have a master plan for how we're going to tell that story, but it's all posthumous. You'll start to learn Libby's moves through flashbacks over the course of the next season. So we're not done with Cynthia, but Libby is dead. Source: The Ausiello Report

* 05/03/2006 - The story of the wrecked research vessel, it will be coming at some point but we can't guarantee it'll be in Season 3. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

Back
Top Bottom