LOL Nyjer Morgan vs. The World

i got mixed views on baseballs "unwritten" rules in a sense it's cool that they police themselves but at the same time they reach and overreact over pety stuff at times as well.

in regards to intentionally hitting batters, to me it's a punk move and one of these days there's going to be a batter that's about that life who's going to mule kick the catcher and charge the mound with his bat in hand and get a few hits in on the pitcher and all hells going to break loose all because someone wanted to try to intentionally hit someone.

i got mixed views on baseballs "unwritten" rules in a sense it's cool that they police themselves but at the same time they reach and overreact over pety stuff at times as well.

in regards to intentionally hitting batters, to me it's a punk move and one of these days there's going to be a batter that's about that life who's going to mule kick the catcher and charge the mound with his bat in hand and get a few hits in on the pitcher and all hells going to break loose all because someone wanted to try to intentionally hit someone.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

My 3 year old nephew throws a cleaner punch than Morgan. That thing made Alonzo Mourning look like a Golden Gloves boxer. Nyjer gets no love and gets even less for being dropped by Gaby.
Kinda easy to get "dropped" when you're blindsided by a clothesline from a dude who outweighs you by 60 pounds....

and I hardly ever agree w. Rob Dibble, but he was spot-on w. this....

"Remember, his mentality is aggressiveness all the time. He played many years of junior hockey. This doesn't excuse some of the things he's done, especially the shot he took at the Cardinals' catcher. It was uncalled for to run over the catcher. But that being said, the first pitch in the back with a 92 mile-an-hour fastball should be like listen, quit playing out of control, get yourself under control and let's play some baseball. But the second one, you have to defend yourself. And I've had guys charge at me, and I've said this after the fight, I would say 'Listen, if you felt that I was throwing at you and it was intentional, you have every right to defend yourself.'

"And a lot of guys are too open with the comments after the game - we didn't like him stealing second and third. You're up 14-3. It's not smart baseball, [stealing bases] when you're down 11 runs. That was Nyjer's problem. It's not the Marlins' problem....

"People are gonna remark about him going off the field. Now remember, all the years he played hockey and all the years he played junior hockey at the highest levels. What do hockey players do after they fight? They walk off like a gladiator, like yeah, that's right, that was a good one, that was fun, you knew I was here. So he was giving away a foot to Volstad, and say what you want to say, that's a guy that's about 5-7, probably 150, 160 pounds, and he plays with a lot of heart. So yeah, you don't like the way he plays, fine, you hit him the first time. But the second time, he thought he had to take care of some business."

Dibble also had Cal Ripken on his program, and the brawl came up yet again.

"The first time up he got hit intentionally for running over the catcher, and so then he was pissed and so he decided I'm gonna make you pay for it, steal second and steal third, and so then there's more ramifications," Ripken said. "And that just led to the fight afterwards. You can see how easy that stuff kind of gets out of control. If I got thrown at intentionally, I knew I got thrown at intentionally, I didn't want somebody to take things in their own hands. I'd figure out how to try to get that back myself."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/09/rob_dibble_on_the_nyjer_morgan.html#more

Originally Posted by Newbs24

My 3 year old nephew throws a cleaner punch than Morgan. That thing made Alonzo Mourning look like a Golden Gloves boxer. Nyjer gets no love and gets even less for being dropped by Gaby.
Kinda easy to get "dropped" when you're blindsided by a clothesline from a dude who outweighs you by 60 pounds....

and I hardly ever agree w. Rob Dibble, but he was spot-on w. this....

"Remember, his mentality is aggressiveness all the time. He played many years of junior hockey. This doesn't excuse some of the things he's done, especially the shot he took at the Cardinals' catcher. It was uncalled for to run over the catcher. But that being said, the first pitch in the back with a 92 mile-an-hour fastball should be like listen, quit playing out of control, get yourself under control and let's play some baseball. But the second one, you have to defend yourself. And I've had guys charge at me, and I've said this after the fight, I would say 'Listen, if you felt that I was throwing at you and it was intentional, you have every right to defend yourself.'

"And a lot of guys are too open with the comments after the game - we didn't like him stealing second and third. You're up 14-3. It's not smart baseball, [stealing bases] when you're down 11 runs. That was Nyjer's problem. It's not the Marlins' problem....

"People are gonna remark about him going off the field. Now remember, all the years he played hockey and all the years he played junior hockey at the highest levels. What do hockey players do after they fight? They walk off like a gladiator, like yeah, that's right, that was a good one, that was fun, you knew I was here. So he was giving away a foot to Volstad, and say what you want to say, that's a guy that's about 5-7, probably 150, 160 pounds, and he plays with a lot of heart. So yeah, you don't like the way he plays, fine, you hit him the first time. But the second time, he thought he had to take care of some business."

Dibble also had Cal Ripken on his program, and the brawl came up yet again.

"The first time up he got hit intentionally for running over the catcher, and so then he was pissed and so he decided I'm gonna make you pay for it, steal second and steal third, and so then there's more ramifications," Ripken said. "And that just led to the fight afterwards. You can see how easy that stuff kind of gets out of control. If I got thrown at intentionally, I knew I got thrown at intentionally, I didn't want somebody to take things in their own hands. I'd figure out how to try to get that back myself."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/09/rob_dibble_on_the_nyjer_morgan.html#more

pimp.gif
at Nyjer

Not because he fought, but because he was out there competing to the fullest. Just cause the rest of the team gave up doesnt mean he has to as well. Hes probably the only one on the team that shows any kind of emotion.

He got drilled during his previous at bat, 2 of his other teammates got hit also. His next AB they throw it so far inside that it went behind him. IDK about y'all but thats a solid baseball coming in at 85mph+ at your body, I'd get MAD heated too. That #@# hurts more than any punch or clothesline thrown when the benches clear. Though that dude on the Cardinals who was cleating people during that brawl probably was pretty damn painful
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
at Nyjer

Not because he fought, but because he was out there competing to the fullest. Just cause the rest of the team gave up doesnt mean he has to as well. Hes probably the only one on the team that shows any kind of emotion.

He got drilled during his previous at bat, 2 of his other teammates got hit also. His next AB they throw it so far inside that it went behind him. IDK about y'all but thats a solid baseball coming in at 85mph+ at your body, I'd get MAD heated too. That #@# hurts more than any punch or clothesline thrown when the benches clear. Though that dude on the Cardinals who was cleating people during that brawl probably was pretty damn painful
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Originally Posted by CDonWasHisName

1. Don't run across the pitcher's mound
2. During a blow out if your on the losing side you may not create any runs.
Whoever believes in the second rule is stupid. I have never, ever heard of teams rolling over when they were down X amount of runs just because 'unwritten' rules demand it to be so. Who started this nonsense, some tightwad on ESPN?
Whether it's an unwritten rule or not, it's a stupid play. His run doesn't matter. It isn't worth the risk of getting thrown out when you're down 10 runs.

Whoever believes in the second rule is stupid. I have never, ever heard of teams rolling over when they were down X amount of runs just because 'unwritten' rules demand it to be so. Who started this nonsense, some tightwad on ESPN?
Whether it's an unwritten rule or not, it's a stupid play. His run doesn't matter. It isn't worth the risk of getting thrown out when you're down 10 runs.

Nyjer Morgan has proven himself to be a complete IDIOT in several instances this season.
  • Throwing his glove against the wall when he thought the ball he missed had bounced over for a HR, and giving up an inside-the-park HR as a result
  • Running over the Marlins catcher when he could have scored if he had slid
  • Running into the Cardinals' catcher for no reason
He is an absolute CLOWN. I don't care about how hard he is playing - he is way too aggressive on the bases, and has run the Nationals out of several innings.

He also...isn't...very good. He has a sub-.320 OBP and he is a crappy singles hitter. His OPS is among the worst for any regular starter in the majors.
Why would any Nationals fan defend him? He sucks and he's an idiot.

Nyjer Morgan has proven himself to be a complete IDIOT in several instances this season.
  • Throwing his glove against the wall when he thought the ball he missed had bounced over for a HR, and giving up an inside-the-park HR as a result
  • Running over the Marlins catcher when he could have scored if he had slid
  • Running into the Cardinals' catcher for no reason
He is an absolute CLOWN. I don't care about how hard he is playing - he is way too aggressive on the bases, and has run the Nationals out of several innings.

He also...isn't...very good. He has a sub-.320 OBP and he is a crappy singles hitter. His OPS is among the worst for any regular starter in the majors.
Why would any Nationals fan defend him? He sucks and he's an idiot.

He ran over the catcher for NO reason, there wasn't even a play for it, and ended the dood's season....then the next game the pitcher should of threw at his head

He ran over the catcher for NO reason, there wasn't even a play for it, and ended the dood's season....then the next game the pitcher should of threw at his head

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Right, I'm not defending the play itself. I'm against this supposed common belief that once you're down a lot you should give up.

Right, I'm not defending the play itself. I'm against this supposed common belief that once you're down a lot you should give up.

I fail to see how it is a stupid play to put yourself in scoring position when you're down big in only the 4th inning against a historically bad pitcher and against a strikeout happy lineup when your bullpen is up there in K's. I could understand if it was the 9th inning but getting so out of shape when he does it in the 4th? They're not even completely out of it. How do we determine that his one run doesn't matter in the 4th inning of a ballgame. The Rockies scored 9 runs in the 9th inning earlier this year to come back. It is a ridiculous unwritten rule to pile on to the rest of the ridiculous unwritten rules.

I fail to see how it is a stupid play to put yourself in scoring position when you're down big in only the 4th inning against a historically bad pitcher and against a strikeout happy lineup when your bullpen is up there in K's. I could understand if it was the 9th inning but getting so out of shape when he does it in the 4th? They're not even completely out of it. How do we determine that his one run doesn't matter in the 4th inning of a ballgame. The Rockies scored 9 runs in the 9th inning earlier this year to come back. It is a ridiculous unwritten rule to pile on to the rest of the ridiculous unwritten rules.

Originally Posted by Informerx

Yes there was the catcher foot was right in front of home plate on the third base side he had 2 choices he chose the less popular choice. He could of slid and taken the catcher legs out and end up breaking his leg and people still would be crying foul

Originally Posted by Informerx

Yes there was the catcher foot was right in front of home plate on the third base side he had 2 choices he chose the less popular choice. He could of slid and taken the catcher legs out and end up breaking his leg and people still would be crying foul

Originally Posted by Proshares

That was a $$$!% move by Sanchez IMO. Clothesline someone from the blindside? Come on, I've played ball for years and watched baseball for years and you rarely see that. Most of the times first basemen run in to separate the two.
you kidding me?

dude runs out you pitcher and what you should tap him on the shoulder before you swing on him to let him know you are there?? morgan went running out there swinging. 

Originally Posted by Proshares

That was a $$$!% move by Sanchez IMO. Clothesline someone from the blindside? Come on, I've played ball for years and watched baseball for years and you rarely see that. Most of the times first basemen run in to separate the two.
you kidding me?

dude runs out you pitcher and what you should tap him on the shoulder before you swing on him to let him know you are there?? morgan went running out there swinging. 

Where did I say tap him on the shoulder? Separating em means either tackle his $@+ or shove the +@!% outta him. You gonna come out and clothesline him from the blind side, that's a +#%@# move. Plain and simple to me. There's sticking up for your pitcher on one hand and then there's deliberately trying to decapitate a guy. Volstad was throwing his hands too, %!!% that. Every baseball brawl, what the hell do other players do when a batter chargers the mound? They run to separate and shove.

And why is that the Marlins' problem?

They should be happy that he's giving them the opportunity to throw him out instead of sitting on first.

Had they thrown him out on one of those two chances, think they'd still plunk him a second time?  Doubtful.

"He ran over my mound, he stole a base when he shouldn't have, he ran too slowly on his home run trot..."

Blah blah blah.

Baseball's so full of itself that it's almost unwatchable, too many soft +%!!! whining about insignificant %!#*.

And why is that the Marlins' problem?

They should be happy that he's giving them the opportunity to throw him out instead of sitting on first.

Had they thrown him out on one of those two chances, think they'd still plunk him a second time?  Doubtful.

"He ran over my mound, he stole a base when he shouldn't have, he ran too slowly on his home run trot..."

Blah blah blah.

Baseball's so full of itself that it's almost unwatchable, too many soft +%!!! whining about insignificant %!#*.

Where did I say tap him on the shoulder? Separating em means either tackle his $@+ or shove the +@!% outta him. You gonna come out and clothesline him from the blind side, that's a +#%@# move. Plain and simple to me. There's sticking up for your pitcher on one hand and then there's deliberately trying to decapitate a guy. Volstad was throwing his hands too, %!!% that. Every baseball brawl, what the hell do other players do when a batter chargers the mound? They run to separate and shove.

Back
Top Bottom