LOL Nyjer Morgan vs. The World

Originally Posted by Informerx

He ran over the catcher for NO reason, there wasn't even a play for it, and ended the dood's season....then the next game the pitcher should of threw at his head
Catcher shouldn't have been standing there. Maybe he'd be playing baseball the next day.

Originally Posted by Informerx

He ran over the catcher for NO reason, there wasn't even a play for it, and ended the dood's season....then the next game the pitcher should of threw at his head
Catcher shouldn't have been standing there. Maybe he'd be playing baseball the next day.

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Its not so much against the "unwritten rules of baseball" as much as its just really, really BAD baseball. If the Marlins stole a base up that much, its against the unwritten rules of the game. But what Nyjer did was just stupid baseball.
I wouldn't call it stupid baseball for the fact that he stole both bases pretty easily.
Well stupid in the sense that you are down 11 runs, and your one run doesnt mean a whole lot in the situation.  Its bad baseball.  Bottom line.
Thanks for letting us know you're a quitter. Stupid baseball traditionalists.

laugh.gif
 Where did I say I am a quitter?  Let me ask you this....since you feel it was fine.  Nyjer gets caught stealing second, and the very next pitch, dude hits a jack.  Is it still good baseball?  Is it still smart?  What about if Nyjer didnt steal, and the dude batting decided to sacrifice bunt him into scoring position?  Is that still ok?
Its overly apparent to me that a lot of people in this thread have no grasp of the game of baseball.  

Its not so much against the "unwritten rules of baseball" as much as its just really, really BAD baseball. If the Marlins stole a base up that much, its against the unwritten rules of the game. But what Nyjer did was just stupid baseball.
I wouldn't call it stupid baseball for the fact that he stole both bases pretty easily.
Well stupid in the sense that you are down 11 runs, and your one run doesnt mean a whole lot in the situation.  Its bad baseball.  Bottom line.
Thanks for letting us know you're a quitter. Stupid baseball traditionalists.

laugh.gif
 Where did I say I am a quitter?  Let me ask you this....since you feel it was fine.  Nyjer gets caught stealing second, and the very next pitch, dude hits a jack.  Is it still good baseball?  Is it still smart?  What about if Nyjer didnt steal, and the dude batting decided to sacrifice bunt him into scoring position?  Is that still ok?
Its overly apparent to me that a lot of people in this thread have no grasp of the game of baseball.  

Originally Posted by frink85

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
he got drilled and then stole 2nd and 3rd in a 10 run game skjadhfahsdhfahdsfad

just watched it on sportscenter and they said stealing bases when your down in a blowout was bush league...and i ask why? i can understand why when youre up 10 runs you shouldnt be stealing bases like that, but youre down 10 and youre supposed to roll over and not try to create runs? what the hell kind of logic is that?

This. I've been extra confused about this situation for awhile. You just supposed to give up?

Originally Posted by frink85

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
he got drilled and then stole 2nd and 3rd in a 10 run game skjadhfahsdhfahdsfad

just watched it on sportscenter and they said stealing bases when your down in a blowout was bush league...and i ask why? i can understand why when youre up 10 runs you shouldnt be stealing bases like that, but youre down 10 and youre supposed to roll over and not try to create runs? what the hell kind of logic is that?

This. I've been extra confused about this situation for awhile. You just supposed to give up?

laugh.gif
No grasp of the game of baseball? How about you have no grasp of common sense. He stole the base EASILY, both of them. He wasn't getting close to getting called out. Those traditions are stupid. How hard is it to look at every situation differently? How hard it that? The fact that you have to make up a hypothetical situation makes your argument null and void. Should, would've, could've, blah, blah, blah, your situation didn't happen. What happened was that Nyjer stole 2nd and 3rd easily and set himself up in scoring position. Point blank period. His own manager didn't have a problem with it but these arm chair managers do. Should tell you something about who has no grasp of the game of baseball.

laugh.gif
No grasp of the game of baseball? How about you have no grasp of common sense. He stole the base EASILY, both of them. He wasn't getting close to getting called out. Those traditions are stupid. How hard is it to look at every situation differently? How hard it that? The fact that you have to make up a hypothetical situation makes your argument null and void. Should, would've, could've, blah, blah, blah, your situation didn't happen. What happened was that Nyjer stole 2nd and 3rd easily and set himself up in scoring position. Point blank period. His own manager didn't have a problem with it but these arm chair managers do. Should tell you something about who has no grasp of the game of baseball.

I didn't know stealing bases was guaranteed. Crazy.

Nyjer Morgan definitely hasn't been thrown out 15 times this season.

What have dudes been doing staying at first until a ball is put in play for all these years?
smh.gif

What have dudes been doing staying at first until a ball is put in play for all these years?
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Who said it was guaranteed?... When you find it tell me.

Who said it was guaranteed?... When you find it tell me.

That's essentially what you and others are implying, as if there is zero risk involved and he can just skip down to second and Moonwalk to third.

Is it a beneficial risk to take, down ten runs? I'm thinking no.

Face it - he was doing it to be a !+%*.

That's essentially what you and others are implying, as if there is zero risk involved and he can just skip down to second and Moonwalk to third.

Find me where someone said it wasn't a risk. I even said it was a risky move in my post. If your down I don't get the concept of not trying to do what you have to do to set yourself up in better scoring position. Whether he was trying to be an @!$ or not I don't even see why this is a big deal when he got both bases cleanly.

Find me where someone said it wasn't a risk. I even said it was a risky move in my post. If your down I don't get the concept of not trying to do what you have to do to set yourself up in better scoring position. Whether he was trying to be an @!$ or not I don't even see why this is a big deal when he got both bases cleanly.

If it wasn't for Matt Kemp, he'd be the worst baserunner in the NL.

If it wasn't for Matt Kemp, he'd be the worst baserunner in the NL.

MM, I think that you are looking too much into the result, rather than the play itself.  Yes he stole them easily.  Yes it resulted in a run.  In this specific situation, it turned out fine. All I am saying is that if you ask 100 coaches that if you have a runner on first base down 11 runs, is it a good situation to steal second, that 99 out or 100 of them will tell you that is absolutely NOT a good situation to steal in.
Thats all I'm saying man.  I dont know if you played the game or not, so I am going to assume you have.  Its not a good time to steal a base.  Period.  The fact that you admit that its a risky time to do it shows that you somewhat agree that it wasnt a good time for it to be done.  Just because the results of the plays were positive, doesnt mean that its not normally a bad situation to attempt to steal.  

MM, I think that you are looking too much into the result, rather than the play itself.  Yes he stole them easily.  Yes it resulted in a run.  In this specific situation, it turned out fine. All I am saying is that if you ask 100 coaches that if you have a runner on first base down 11 runs, is it a good situation to steal second, that 99 out or 100 of them will tell you that is absolutely NOT a good situation to steal in.
Thats all I'm saying man.  I dont know if you played the game or not, so I am going to assume you have.  Its not a good time to steal a base.  Period.  The fact that you admit that its a risky time to do it shows that you somewhat agree that it wasnt a good time for it to be done.  Just because the results of the plays were positive, doesnt mean that its not normally a bad situation to attempt to steal.  

Back
Top Bottom