Lock Thread

Got kicked out in the 4th for fighting a Skins fan that was popping off too hard :smh: First time I've been bounced in almost 50 games. Dude got warned 3 times by security to shut up too :stoneface: Team did a good job for having Flynn start.

Where were you sitting man? That sucks to hear.

129 row 8. Dude was being hella obnoxious the whole game then started standing on his seat and yelling "ALWAYS AN EASY ONE AGAINST THE RAIDERS!" towards the end of the game. So I asked him "What have y'all ever done?" and it got ugly. Ended up pulling dude to the ground by his dreads. My dad's a neutral sports fan and it was my first time going to a Raider game with him :smh: should've kept myself in check honestly.

Last edited:
Flynn earned boos in Raiders loss
September 29, 2013, 7:00 pm

OAKLAND – Matt Flynn heard you booing. The Raiders quarterback tried to shut it out and failed during a 24-14 loss to the Washington ******** deserving of vocal displeasure.

Flynn was jeered at every turn, from pre-game introductions on through final whistle. He earned most of them with a two-turnover, seven-sack performance that was barely watchable.

Nothing short of a Peyton Manning-esque outing could’ve raised his profile, which remains shockingly low due to the distinct misfortune of not being Terrelle Pryor, the people’s choice and Raider Nation’s favorite son. Flynn was given the start after Pryor experienced symptoms from a concussion that suffered Monday night at Denver. Pryor was set to start until late Saturday night, when Flynn was given the nod.

He didn’t do much with his first start since Jan. 1, 2012.

He certainly didn’t endear himself to the crowd or the coaching staff while dragging the offense to a standstill with a performance so poor that a press-conference question about playing undrafted rookie Matt McGloin was completely justified.

Flynn knows Sunday didn’t go well. He threw an interception returned for a touchdown and lost a fumble deep in Raiders territory. That’s 14 points right there, and the Raiders lost by 10.

“I feel like I had a good week preparing, and I felt like I was ready to play a good game,” Flynn said. “It’s frustrating when you don’t go out and get the production and the execution that you believe you’re capable of. It was tough out there.”

Losing running back Darren McFadden and fullback Marcel Reece to injury didn’t help. Neither did an offensive line that couldn’t slow a potent ******** pass rush.

But Flynn had opportunities to win this game and couldn’t get the job done. His pocket presence was lacking, and he held onto the ball too long at times. Problems with arm strength and elbow tendinitis that hurt him during camp weren’t evident against Washington, but he still couldn’t get the offense going.

Flynn’s stat line isn’t awful. He was 21-for-32 passing for 227 yards, a touchdown and an interception. He played far worse than the numbers suggest. He was 5-for-17 on third downs, got shut out over the final 48 minutes and lost a winnable game to a lackluster ******** squad.

“Their defense played well,” Flynn said. “They gave us some different looks than they’ve shown, but we feel like it’s a huge opportunity missed. We felt like we should’ve done a lot better.”

Flynn’s appearance this season may be a cameo. Allen said he was “very hopeful” that Pryor would be about to start next week against San Diego in a tough divisional matchup with a potent Chargers offense.

The crowd certainly wants Pryor, especially after Flynn’s uninspired performance brought the boo birds out.

“It’s hard not to hear it,” Flynn said. “You try to do your job and do it well, but it’s hard not to hear it when they’re booing like that.”

Scott Bair is the Raiders Insider for CSNCalifornia.com. Follow him on Twitter @BairCSN.

Everything I'm reading on twitter makes Flynn delusional. I know our defense wants to hit him in practice.

Flynn earned boos in Raiders loss
September 29, 2013, 7:00 pm

OAKLAND – Matt Flynn heard you booing. The Raiders quarterback tried to shut it out and failed during a 24-14 loss to the Washington ******** deserving of vocal displeasure.

Flynn was jeered at every turn, from pre-game introductions on through final whistle. He earned most of them with a two-turnover, seven-sack performance that was barely watchable.

Nothing short of a Peyton Manning-esque outing could’ve raised his profile, which remains shockingly low due to the distinct misfortune of not being Terrelle Pryor, the people’s choice and Raider Nation’s favorite son.

That's straight up ********. If Flynn had shown any flashes of being a starting NFL quarterback, he would be received differently. The only thing we've seen from Flynn in a Raider jersey is his ability to take sack after sack in the pocket. TP gives up a shot at winning. We don't get that from Matt Flynn...instead, we get this crook at QB. He should've shown up to the Coliseum in his Red Skins jersey.

When he pump faked that pissed everybody off :lol:

get this guy outta here. And McFadden can go with him. Always Injuried

Last edited:
Raiders to play Chargers next Sunday, but game time might change
By Jerry McDonald

[email protected]

POSTED: 09/28/2013 11:57:39 AM PDT | UPDATED: A DAY AGO

OAKLAND -- The Raiders will keep their Oct. 6 game against the San Diego Chargers on the same day but may have to adjust the kickoff time based on the A's playoff schedule, according to a team spokesman.

If the A's play in an early time slot on Saturday, then the Raiders can keep their 1:25 p.m. kickoff against the Chargers. Should the A's play in a later time slot, the Raiders and Chargers wouldn't play until 8:30 p.m., the latest starting time in franchise history.

The 49ers also play in the evening on Oct. 6, with a 5:30 p.m. game against the Houston Texans at Candlestick Park.

Man...This guy Flynn...Goodness gracious.

Mcfaden and Reece hurt....sucks.

Defense played well but if your offense can only manage 3 and outs or turns the ball over...Pick 6, 2 fumbles...Common man.

Will be happy to see Pryor back next week. Definitely going to the Chargers game and probably will not be back to a Raider game until KC game in December.

View media item 597086
This is what the **** I am talkin about. 11pm on a Sunday night after a horrible showing and this dude is at the HQ working!!!! No doubt in my mind this dude is our future...

Pryor loves to compete, loves to get better. He is the leader we haven't had in a long time.

Alright. I was wrong about the kid.....I admit it.

Keep at it TP2.

Does anyone know when we will find out what time the game is on Sunday?

Gotta love Pryor's attitude. I admit, I was one of those people that didn't think he'd pan out when we got him. Boy is putting the work in and keeping his head high+giving his teammate full support. Keep it up TP2 :smokin

Seems to me all Pryor needs at this point is improving his pocket passing. Trying to think of what else is missing.

Seems to me all Pryor needs at this point is improving his pocket passing. Trying to think of what else is missing.

I don't think a QB can really improve arm strength, but if he can work to become more accurate, then he'll be a true problem at QB. Obviously his decision making is that of a rookie QB essentially so I'm hoping with more reps/practice and a full season at the helm, he'll make sound decisions and be able to put it all together.

The bigger question is, does McKenzie allow him to develop the tools to be the Raiders QB for years to come. How patient will they be? Are we looking at QB in the draft? Too soon to tell.

Any predictions on this tm record this season? Feel like a dumb *** thinking raiders hd potential in winning wild card :smh:

13-3...Eff it lol.

Honestly not sure. I'm just glad that each week the team is competing vs. just lying there and taking it.

RAIDERS ARE CONSIDERING STARTING QB MATT MCGLOIN
Matt Flynn was not good this week, and his coach did not hold back to let everyone know:
“Look,” he said, exasperation leaking into his usual monotone, “Matt didn’t play well, and we’ve gotta move on. We’ve got to get better than that.”
And, when asked if Pryor’s concussion still prevented him from playing against San Diego if he would consider starting third quarterback Matt McGloin:
If Terrelle Pryor is not ready to go, then Allen says he will consider McGloin. Pryor did practice this week, but he was held back this week because of concussion tests.

That's how bad you are when you're thinking if staring the 3rd string QB :lol:

Back
Top Bottom