LOCK THIS UP. GO TO SEASON THREAD!

Mark Jackson to Sirius XM on Brian Scalabrine, Darren Erman: "The only fault I got is hiring those guys."
Jesus, didn't think a pastor would be this bitter about the whole situation.

I wish we knew a little more about the situation.
I am not sensing bitterness from that comment like you are.

Yeah we all wish we knew more.  I still contend that this was 100% NOT a basketball decision.

Bottom Line: Jackson won basketball games. You can credit that to talent or not, but end of the day; GSW won games.

Lets be honest, GSW is not a championship team. There are way too many holes on this team. 50-55 games is about what they were expected to do.

Lets hope this doesn't turn into a Jerry Jones situation with Lacob.

Last edited:
mj knew how to manage his players but didnt know how to get along with upper mgmt and his asst coaches. i understand where lacob is coming from. mj is getting results, but if i dont get along, might as well cut ties now

True, but I think when it's "good looks". If I'm not mistaken, he likes to have a talented big who can go 1v1, and if the double team comes, he throws it out.

But the freedom to pull up from downtown anytime? I question if he'd be ok with that.
I think he did. That Orlando team with Nelson, Evans, and Turk shot a lot of threes. Hell, even Jason Richardson was there to shoot threes. Sure, a lot of them came from Howard, but there were a lot of fast break threes shot.

SVG has said in the past the Howard-Lewis-Turkoglu frontcourt was by accident because Battie got injured.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 27m
Stan Van Gundy's seriously considering Pistons offer of full control, torn on that opportunity vs. coaching Warriors, sources tell Yahoo.

I was hoping for SVG...

Well no one wants to live in Detroit, but he could probably buy an entire block for privacy.

That being said, if he wants full control and he's willing to go after that to live in a less desirable place, can't say I wouldn't contemplate similar.

Lets hope Joe Lacob isn't the Al Davis or Jerry Jones of the NBA. A owner who is actively involved in day to day operations is usually not good; let the people you hire do their jobs.

I have more faith he'll learn since he was part of the Celtics' minority ownership, so if he's apt to change for the better, part of it may take time.

So he chooses Detroit because they give him control of the roster? That roster includes Jennings and Smith! Unless he's a magician ... Good luck trying to make that crap disappear.

So he chooses Detroit because they give him control of the roster? That roster includes Jennings and Smith! Unless he's a magician ... Good luck trying to make that crap disappear.

SVG values being on the same page as ownership/front office more than roster personnel. What better way to be on the same page then being the man in charge.

While their current roster isn't one I'd like to inherent, short term it's a problem but they have a ton of expiring deals and only $22mm in contracts after this upcomign season.

Lacob hasn't built himself a good rep with the whole MJ ordeal; not to say MJ isn't any fault as well.

But, it sure does look like Lacob ownership is hard to deal hence why I think SVG wanted full control.

I'm still unconvinced on Kerr, he is unproven and was a subpar GM.

so this is where we're at huh? Begging an inexperienced coach to sign with us :smh:

Warriors front office looking sorry as hell. Should've had coaches lined up before firing MJax.

Back
Top Bottom