LOCK THIS UP. GO TO SEASON THREAD!

if it was the assistant coaches that wheeled this team to victory, why were they all fired?

on a somewhat related note: how pissed off at bogut do you think mjax is? bogut's presence might've made the difference between being in the off season right now or being in the middle of a series with the thunder

if it was the assistant coaches that wheeled this team to victory, why were they all fired?

on a somewhat related note: how pissed off at bogut do you think mjax is? bogut's presence might've made the difference between being in the off season right now or being in the middle of a series with the thunder
He cant be mad at Bogut, at least not if hes a rational man. Dude could have punctured his lung, there are some things that shouldnt be risked ever.

Like Antidope said, I dont think MJax is pissed at Bogut at all. 

The bolded makes me laugh though. Might have?  LOL.  We win the series in 6 games (MAX), if Bogut was healthy.  Probably 5.

I also think the players' support of Jackson is a bit exaggerated. In the middle of the playoff series, are the players really going to say otherwise and let it be a distraction?
They may have supported him publicly, but privately, no one in the public (including us) knows how they really feel. Curry will move on from it, as will all the other players, as long as they bring in the right guy.

Last edited:
Like Antidope said, I dont think MJax is pissed at Bogut at all. 

The bolded makes me laugh though. Might have?  LOL.  We win the series in 6 games (MAX), if Bogut was healthy.  Probably 5.

I agree with you bogut plays, we win the series. but unfortunately, we cant count the chickens that don't hatch.

in any case, I wish mjax the best. formed us into a more defensive minded team and we finally stopped getting crushed on the boards night in and night out. still don't think he shouldve have got the axe considering our biggest and best post defender missed the entire clippers series. if deandre jordan doesnt play that series, the clips definitely lose. but would doc be on the hot seat? far from it.

I dont have the slightest clue as to what is happening internally with gsw, but why fire a coach who has shown that he can get a team to improve three consecutive seasons?

I also think the players' support of Jackson is a bit exaggerated. In the middle of the playoff series, are the players really going to say otherwise and let it be a distraction?
They may have supported him publicly, but privately, no one in the public (including us) knows how they really feel. Curry will move on from it, as will all the other players, as long as they bring in the right guy.
I hear what you are saying.  A lot of the time,  when players/coaches answer questions publicly, it is simply PR.

But when players have come out of no where (in this case with their overwhelming support of Mark), to make comments unprovoked, I tend to believe them.  When Jarrett Jack says it was a mistake without being asked, I believe him.  When Carl Landry tweets his disgust about us firing the best coach he has ever played for without being asked for his opinion, I believe him.  When the players organize a on court celebration with our coach after we got our 50th win of the season, I believe its a genuine act. 

Trust me, I dont believe most of what coaches/players say in interviews.  But when players and coaches bring things up when not being asked a question, I tend to believe them. 

24 hours later i still don't like the firing but if we can get a coach that doesn't do NHL Style Line Changes and gets the ball moving we should be fine

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/warrio...n-hard-right-and-necessary-for-the-next-step/

"Jackson carefully cultivated the image that he was loved by his players.  For many, that’s undoubtedly the truth.  Curry couldn’t have been more vocal in supporting him and others have weighed in after his departure.  But according to sources with direct knowledge of the situation, not everyone felt the same way, with roughly half the locker room ambivalent or worse in their views on Jackson."

http://www.warriorsworld.net/2014/05/07/gods-devils-and-dysfunction-the-truth-about-mark-jackson/

"Some of the players began to see through Jackson’s false bravado. The team was winning, but how much could be attributed to Jackson’s motivational tactics versus the fact that this was a talented group of players who were overcoming the coaching staff’s lack of preparation and game planning. Some players began to lose faith in their leader."

^ interesting... ...
nerd.gif

I think Curry, Draymond, Iggy & J.O were the only ones who really supported him. 

Everyone else, especially Bogut (since they had a lil beef during the regular season) prolly was happy he got canned. 

This is just my guess, lol.

Just watching this OKC/Clips game makes me feel like we need to get more athletic, specifically in our front court

I need to look to see whose going to be a free agent we can steal for cheap

Mark Jackson did a great job turning the team around these past 3 seasons, was a little surprised to see him let go, but I believe the Warriors have a bright future ahead of them regardless of who they hire next.

I know it may have been said and it's relatively old news, but "Great leader, mediocre coach" sums up Jackson.

My biggest fear with SVG is that he'll be too strict and not allow the Warriors to have that run and gun, pull up fast break 3 (lord knows it's a heart attack).
Players like Steph and Klay may feel like he's, "cramping their style" (someone find a better phrase :lol:).

Mark was a great players' coach, motivator, etc. but did he really have what it takes to make a deep playoff run/title contention?
You know who else was described as "a great player's coach, motivator, ect"???

Phil Jackson.

Just saying.

Phil also mastered the triangle offense was as important if not more so than his ability to motivate players. Mark Jackson offense was hard to watch with no real system.

Mark was a great players' coach, motivator, etc. but did he really have what it takes to make a deep playoff run/title contention?
You know who else was described as "a great player's coach, motivator, ect"???

Phil Jackson.

Just saying.

Phil also mastered the triangle offense was as important if not more so than his ability to motivate players. Mark Jackson offense was hard to watch with no real system.

He coached for like 2 1/2 seasons. :lol:

My biggest fear with SVG is that he'll be too strict and not allow the Warriors to have that run and gun, pull up fast break 3 (lord knows it's a heart attack).
Players like Steph and Klay may feel like he's, "cramping their style" (someone find a better phrase
laugh.gif
).
I think SVG is a huge advocate of the 3-ball.

Any coach coming in knows that's a big part of the Warriors arsenal, and would be wise not to handcuff them from that.

Players like Steph and Klay may feel like he's, "cramping their style" (someone find a better phrase :lol: ).

I think SVG is a huge advocate of the 3-ball.

Any coach coming in knows that's a big part of the Warriors arsenal, and would be wise not to handcuff them from that.
True, but I think when it's "good looks". If I'm not mistaken, he likes to have a talented big who can go 1v1, and if the double team comes, he throws it out.

But the freedom to pull up from downtown anytime? I question if he'd be ok with that.

Back
Top Bottom