LOCK THIS UP. GO TO SEASON THREAD!

@dland24 Yeah, Hornacek did a terrible job, as did Jason Kidd. You're right, we should never look to uncover the next great coach who isn't too far removed from the game.
Who is to say that Jackson is not the next great coach?  People are all over Doc Rivers' sack now....but people forget that he was fired from the Magic....and was on the fast track to being fired from the Celtics, until they made the moves for Ray Ray and Garnett.  Now all of a sudden he is an amazing coach.  Who is to say Jackson couldn't become a better coach than he already is?

Yes, Horacek did a great job.  Kidd did ok too.  But I would argue that the job Jackson did was at the very least on the same level as those two.

Last edited:
Not surprising but didn't think they would actually do it.

The good news to all this: The Warriors coaching job might be one of the best available out there, and there are going to be some really, really good coaches interested in the spot. If Lacob can find the right guy, this won't be a bad move. This is a tough decision, and I think we probably need to reserve judgment until next year.

Mark Jackson to the Lakers makes sense on all levels.
Just curious.....who do you view as a "really good coach" that could be interested. 

All the names being thrown out there. SVG, Kerr, Thibs, Kevin Ollie, etc. (I'm not saying any of them would be a better option than Jackson)
I don't agree with the move right now, but what I was trying to get at was we'll have a lot of great options to choose from (maybe JVG would be interested? doubt it tho). The W's coaching position is arguably the best coaching job available right now, they will get tons of interest from lots of good coaches.

My hunch is that it'll be Kerr. I don't agree with it necessarily...but we'll just have to see how he does. No doubt though, Lacob is making a huge gamble here.

eh, Mark Jackson let his Assistant Coaches do the coaching tho ....and him not getting along with his staff's ...aint cool

Mark Jackson was one of the best Warriors coaches of all time, imo. How are you going to fire a man who just lead his team to one of the best records in Warrior history? I like him as a person too, he is a good coach

Unless they bring back Nelly, or get some God of a coach im going to be pissed for a while.

BAD MOVE WARRIORS.

Stan was on the radio a couple days ago saying he misses coaching. Not sure how he feels about the team, but I'm sure he'd be curious.

I'ma reserve judgment until I see what management has in store. You guys, and almost every single Dubs fan, are too quick to judge. Let's not forget it was management's decision to hire Mark Jackson and build this roster. Mark was a great players' coach, motivator, etc. but did he really have what it takes to make a deep playoff run/title contention?

My initial reaction was "oh boy bad move" and all since I wanted management to bring in someone like D'Antoni as an assistant to MJax. But you know, can't always have it your way so I'll sit back and see what happens before I start pouting and fussing.

Give credit where it's due. Management has taken us this far, not solely Mark Jackson...

Mark was a great players' coach, motivator, etc. but did he really have what it takes to make a deep playoff run/title contention?
You know who else was described as "a great player's coach, motivator, ect"???

Phil Jackson.

Just saying.

Everyone loves the teacher they got along with... But sometimes the strict ones were the most effective. 

I'm 50/50 with this decision. Maybe a more X & O's guy will bring The Black Falcon back and a The Nuggets Andre Igoudala.

Warriors front office--still the best in the league 
pimp.gif

why do you want Don Nelson? :lol:

ive just liked him since the we believe team. Probably the only reason why, he just has rembrence of the old warriors.

i know he sactually not a good coach because of his distrution of minutes. I mean we had J Lin and Belinelli but never played them ....

@ThompsonScribe: Draymond Green: "I'm disappointed for Mark Jackson. I'm thank for him. Wherever he goes, he'll do great. He's going to be great.
I can't really judge their decision. I don't know what it's based on. Is it we should've went farther? Is it off the court stuff?
I know they want to win. I know their passion. They want to win. It's on Joe Lacob's face on the sideline. They want to win.
But I do support coach 100 percent.
You never know if a coach will relate to you the way he did. You never know if another coach is going to respect you the way he did. Coach rode with us. He was down for us."

Last edited:
You know who else was described as "a great player's coach, motivator, ect"???

Phil Jackson.

Just saying.

And which of his assistants would you compare to Myers and Hunter?

Phil knew how to put people around him to better succeed, which is something our team is lacking and seemingly Jackson wasn't going to fix.

I'm sorry Miss Jackson (oh) I am for real.

Never meant to make your daddy cry.  I apologize a trillion times.

Thanks to my Players! I Love U! We accomplished A lot together! I wish u all Nothing but the Best!! God Bless
— Mark Jackson (@MarkJackson13) May 6, 2014
"Thanks to the Warriors organization for the opportunity u gave me. Thanks to DubNation for all your Support!!
— Mark Jackson (@MarkJackson13) May 6, 2014

Last edited:
Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami 1h
Source: GM Bob Myers was thought to be the nearest thing to a GSW neutral party on this. When he got tired of Jackson's issues, it was over.

Fast Break ‏@GSWFastBreak 1h
It wasn't strategic decisions (or lack thereof) that got Jackson fired. It was, in part, his response to criticism of those decisions.

Marcus Thompson ‏@ThompsonScribe 1h
It wasn't just Mark Jackson, by the way. The entire staff was fired. Even the video guy already got a pink slip

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/thompson/2014/05/06/mark-jackson-speaks-im-proud/

what role does jerry west play with the organization. i always hear consultant and minority owner. does he have any say?

Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami 1h
Source: GM Bob Myers was thought to be the nearest thing to a GSW neutral party on this. When he got tired of Jackson's issues, it was over.

Fast Break ‏@GSWFastBreak 1h
It wasn't strategic decisions (or lack thereof) that got Jackson fired. It was, in part, his response to criticism of those decisions.

Marcus Thompson ‏@ThompsonScribe 1h
It wasn't just Mark Jackson, by the way. The entire staff was fired. Even the video guy already got a pink slip

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/thompson/2014/05/06/mark-jackson-speaks-im-proud/

wow, even more amazed by that last tweet. so our whole coaching staff has to start over from scratch? I guess that's why they fired em right away only a few days after the loss, to get a new team in place. Can't wait to see who our new coach will be, the bar set for him will be to get the team to the playoffs and higher.

Back
Top Bottom