**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No but as the agent of both he'd be more in the know than most folks.

I guess but it comes down to what the player wants at the end of the day. The team was willing to pay Jimmy a whole lot just to stick around and eventually take the reins but he wanted to get his chance sooner rather than later. The agent wins regardless :lol:

pretty sure dude is a lawyer.. and as an attorney, he's subject to attorney client privilege.. he can only really speak on things he's instructed to speak upon

you can think of his role as protecting the interest of his client's above all else, as they are the individuals employing him.. and it is in his best interest to keep them in as favorable money making positions as possible (so negative press wouldnt be a great idea for business)

as the column does paint either of his clients in a potentially negative light, wouldnt be in his or their best interest

also, considering what QBs are out chere making these days.. if i were an agent, i wouldnt advise my client to sign a deal under 20 mill per if i had a decent enough starting guy.. could just wait the team out and force them to franchise that guy, see: cousins, kirk

Reading the article like

gary.gif
tghf.gif

Yea the Pats are the only team to side with the old aging QB in this case. Farve got told to kick rocks. So did Joe Montana and Joe was basically Thomas before Thomas back in the day. When the new to dude is ready franchises usually show no love. It’s wildly ironic that the most cold and calculated team made the most emotional move.

The football gawds need to give us a Brady VS Garappolo Super Bowl in the next 2 years. :pimp:

Yea the Pats are the only team to side with the old aging QB in this case. Farve got told to kick rocks. So did Joe Montana and Joe was basically Thomas before Thomas back in the day. When the new to dude is ready franchises usually show no love. It’s wildly ironic that the most cold and calculated team made the most emotional move.

The football gawds need to give us a Brady VS Garappolo Super Bowl in the next 2 years. :pimp:

Damn right :pimp::pimp:

Kraft is still a fan at heart so it's no surprise he made an emotional decision. I'm sure it stung Hoody at first but I doubt it's enough to wanna throw what he's built up over almost 2 decades away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom