**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd be weird to think of McDaniels and Patricia still taking interviews if they really felt the top spot in NE would be opening up soon

If hoodie is getting at brady for mistakes, I dude with multiple seasons under 10 INTs.. can't wait til Eli starts making faces

The TB/Jimmy sitiation is a legit reverse of the Montana/Young QB controversy

One case the veteran SB winning QB got traded to make room for the young up and comer and in the other the opposite happened

From Greg A. Bedard on the ESPN article.

• Brady never said or hinted about wanting Garoppolo traded. Didn’t happen. Brady just wanted some assurances of his future.
  • The truth is, Belichick had no plans of trading Brady and sticking with Garoppolo. He just wanted to take all the time he could before making a decision, which was likely going to be to tag Garoppolo and then trade him, if Garoppolo didn’t agree to another attempt at a bridge deal. Belichick had no idea if Brady was going to suffer a major injury down the stretch or in the postseason. Brady could get into a car accident on Feb. 25, for all Belichick knew. Belichick doesn’t try to predict the future. He was going to keep Garoppolo as long as he could, and if Brady was still playing like he was 30, a decision would have to be made. Belichick was not going to trade Brady if he was playing like the MVP and champion of three of the past four Super Bowls. No way.
  • As far as I have been told, that’s the extent of the situation. All three are irritated to some degree — Belichick about Garoppolo and Kraft’s meddling in football, Brady on Guerrero and his contract, and Kraft about the whole thing (although he’s more like Switzerland in all this) — but no one I’ve spoken with thinks this thing is driving towards a cliff. Belichick is not likely going anywhere, but his solo counsel approach leads to speculation in the building. He will get over it and start finding the next Garoppolo. Brady, who currently has no desire to do another deal to help the team, will keep working like he always does. Kraft will go back to minding his own business.
  • No one I’ve spoken with thinks this situation comes close to derailing this season. It’s not Armageddon, and everyone is still a professional at the end of the day.
  • At the end of the day, or this season, the Patriots still have the best quarterback and coach in the league, and they’ll be favorites to win it all again this season and the next. The only thing in my mind that’s changed is the Patriots have to find a new successor for Brady. Garoppolo may indeed be a worthy heir to Brady. But then again, he might not. Garoppolo may be 7-0 to start his career, but he still has much to prove, especially with a full season of pounding and when teams have tape of him to pick apart.
  • Unless Belichick walks away because of this situation — and I highly doubt that will happen — nothing has really changed. The Patriots will likely roll on with business as usual.

Last edited:
DSuM67FVwAEhXe-.jpg:large

so the agent for both players, is supposed to be a unbiased source for information?

and as the agent, wouldnt it be better to have 2 clients as starting QBs and making starting QBs salaries for as long as possible?

No but as the agent of both he'd be more in the know than most folks.

I guess but it comes down to what the player wants at the end of the day. The team was willing to pay Jimmy a whole lot just to stick around and eventually take the reins but he wanted to get his chance sooner rather than later. The agent wins regardless :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom