**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is the **** i can't believe and refuse to believe. not ever. after 17 years, i don't think brady cares about player of the week or practice player of the week. it's meaningless. the guy cares about winning games, not getting a gold star in class :lol:

i didn’t elaborate on my source comment but what i was getting at was basically it seems like dude saw the mcdaniels sideline fight and the guerrero thing and was like “ok how can i exaggerate all this into a must read article”.

“kraft says the garrapolo trade may have been a mistake”...guys 5-0. anyone could assume kraft said that, i’d be more surprised if he didn’t.

basically just felt more like a tv series synopsis than actual sports reporting to me

this is the **** i can't believe and refuse to believe. not ever. after 17 years, i don't think brady cares about player of the week or practice player of the week. it's meaningless. the guy cares about winning games, not getting a gold star in class :lol:

But

its-the-principle-of-the-whole-thang-theres-principalities-in-this.jpg

i'm surprised Seth didn't indicate one of his sauces like Prego or Ragu told him that Belichick traded away Jimmy for peanuts to spite Kraft. midas whale have added that in, too :lol:

i'm surprised Seth didn't indicate one of his sauces like Prego or Ragu told him that Belichick traded away Jimmy for peanuts to spite Kraft. midas whale have added that in, too :lol:

it’s late and i’m struggling putting my thoughts to words but this guy basically said everything i was talking about, worded better

“The issue is there was a lot of speculation presented as fact in order to create a better story. The first three paragraphs, for example, conclude Brady got mad at McDaniels because Brady’s fragile ego has been bruised for months behind the scenes, when the simplest and most sensible explanation is Brady was just pissed at himself for making a bad pass and didn’t want someone else yelling at him for something he already knew he messed up. I’m not saying Brady handled the situation perfectly, but that’s a separate issue.”

Honestly, the article doesn't stray too far from what's probably the truth, even though it's fueled by mainly whispers and gossip from folks around the team who feel uneasy about the future. I just think it doesn't move the needle as much as I thought it would, considering it's Seth Wickersham and he typically uncovers a TON of solid concrete **** never made public.

The general premise of the piece (Belichick's legacy, life after New England, Brady's future, conflict over how it ends, what Jimmy really represents) has been outchea for weeks and months though. A few points can even be traced back a couple years. It just never made headlines because it seemed like a pipedream to all of us, and Patriots insiders had a habit of indirectly couching the info.

If the search function stills works on here like it did on Huddler then I could pull up my own receipts referencing some of this ****.

I can damn near guarantee that Lombardi, Breer and Bedard were used as some of the sources. Lombardi = friends of Bill. Breer = league sources with knowledge of the inner workings. Bedard = insight of Pats players and staffers regarding Guerrero. You could sniff out those 3 from a specific detail or story if you remembered who lowkey floated it out in public. They needed Seth to put it all out there since no one wants their name attached and then inevitably lose access. *shrugs*

FTR...My beliefs were moving on from Tom to Pretty Jimmy sooner rather than later would eventually be the right decision, that Belichick would outlast Brady's tenure with the organization, and Brady wouldn't finish his career in a Pats uniform. This was all back when some of you gumps thought Jimmy was another Matt Cassel. :smh:

A lot of what that piece revealed has been known/rumored in Pats circles.

TB and Hoody's relationship has always been business,I remember reading last year how I think it was his dad who said that TB is sometimes surprised that he's not closer to BB off the field but BB likes to keep things strictly business with his players,even TB the great. Thats how he's able to be so cold/emotionless and calculated with his personnel moves. The bit about BB treating dude like any other player in team meetings isn't anything new,thats his style.

The Jimmy/Kraft stuff has also been around since the trade,Kraft either told or indirectly made it clear to BB that he didn't want TB traded.

The whole impending doom feel to the article feels a bit forced though,no one acrually knows what BB is thinking. I still expect both him and the Gawd to be back in NE next year.

BB truly did believe in Jimmy but given the extraordinary circumstances it wasn't gonna work out,I don't think thats enough for him to hate Krafts guts all of a sudden and want out though :lol:

He'll get another chance at developing/grooming a successor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom