**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No kidding. People are acting like a bunch of scrubs are running the league right now. Pretty much every top 10 back was selected in the first two or three rounds.

Off the top of my head:

Elliot - 1st
Fournette - 1st
gordon - 1st
gurley - 1st
Bell - 2nd
Henry - 2nd
AP - 1st
Hyde - 2nd
Demarco - 3rd
David Johnson - 3rd (largely due to him going to a DII school)
Kareem Hunt - 3rd (also largely due to him going to a smaller school)
Cook - 2nd
McCoy - 2nd
Ingram - 1st

The only ones I know of off the top of my head that have been good but werent drafted super high were freeman and Howard.

Someday, hopefully, people will realize it's not just where a guy gets selected, but also who he is surrounded by.

Was Gurley lookin so good last year? Would Zeke be this good if he were drafted by Cleveland? Demarco was elite as hell in Dallas, he played the same since he left that Oline? :nerd:

And the narrative about not taking running backs so high has to do with top of the first round. You including 2nd and 3rd round studs sort of proves the point. You really feel Gordon in the first is a better value than David Johnson in the 3rd???? That point is, and remains, you can get a RB in later rounds and get just as much if not more production, IF, you have the right parts around them.

It's not about looking at a piece of paper and saying ok, Bell in the 2nd round is a great value, he's elite. The Bengals passed on him, for Gio Bernard. If you swap those two, does Bell become this dominant in Cincy, or does he become Gio? Does Gio become the elite weapon in Pitt, or flounder? (man, how haunted must the Bengals be lookin at that draft? :smh: )

Gore in the 3rd, Morris in the 6th, Ajayi in the 5th, Lamar Miller in the 4th have all been productive backs as well surpassing RB's taken way ahead of them. (to add to your list) We may be adding Kamara someday soon as well.

^ i think the rookie pay scale has changed a ton regarding which positions you should and shouldnt take in the 1st

who is winning that Jameis / Mariota debate of few years back?

I'm a Duck fan so I'm biased towards MM8

i'm going MM8.. when he gets a legit coach then we'll really see

no clue how their GM didnt get something out of dallas for murray.. also wish they went elsewhere with that adoree pick

i'm going MM8.. when he gets a legit coach then we'll really see

no clue how their GM didnt get something out of dallas for murray.. also wish they went elsewhere with that adoree pick

for the rest of this season? Cowboys staff think highly of the Morris/Rod Smith combo

for the rest of this season? Cowboys staff think highly of the Morris/Rod Smith combo

they had rumors going around (think zeke's suspension was still on at that time).. but from what i've seen henry has been the better back and is on a rookie deal, so at least get something for dude to have more ammo to build around MM8

but they need a new coach badly

Yes, tell me more on who surrounded AP with his time with the Vikings.

So many elite receivers, great QB's like Tavarus Jackson and Christian Ponder. And the best O-line in football right?

Cause it's never about the player, just about who they've got around em huh

Eagles struck ****ing gold with wentz and it hurts
giphy.gif

Someday, hopefully, people will realize it's not just where a guy gets selected, but also who he is surrounded by.

Was Gurley lookin so good last year? Would Zeke be this good if he were drafted by Cleveland? Demarco was elite as hell in Dallas, he played the same since he left that Oline? :nerd:

And the narrative about not taking running backs so high has to do with top of the first round. You including 2nd and 3rd round studs sort of proves the point. You really feel Gordon in the first is a better value than David Johnson in the 3rd???? That point is, and remains, you can get a RB in later rounds and get just as much if not more production, IF, you have the right parts around them.

It's not about looking at a piece of paper and saying ok, Bell in the 2nd round is a great value, he's elite. The Bengals passed on him, for Gio Bernard. If you swap those two, does Bell become this dominant in Cincy, or does he become Gio? Does Gio become the elite weapon in Pitt, or flounder? (man, how haunted must the Bengals be lookin at that draft? :smh: )

Gore in the 3rd, Morris in the 6th, Ajayi in the 5th, Lamar Miller in the 4th have all been productive backs as well surpassing RB's taken way ahead of them. (to add to your list) We may be adding Kamara someday soon as well.

Your post is riddled with hypotheticals. Like how the hell is anyone supposed to answer this. Does anyone know if Zeke would be this good in Cleveland? Who the **** knows. They have a decent offensive line. Lets not act like Demarco wasnt solid as hell last year before hurting his hammy this year.

As for position, all he said was a high draft pick. I consider spending a 1-3rd on a player to be a high draft pick and realistically if David Johnson doesn't switch positions in college and goes to a D-1 college, he is a first rounder.

As for Ajayi, Lamar Miller, and alfred morris, what have they really done. All three have been mediocre as hell except for a one or two year stretch. Kamara was a third rounder in an extremely deep class and gore dropped due to having an awful knee injury in college.

Obviously the team surrounding a player matters, but the talent that a player has matters as well. People are acting like you can just plug in a 4th-7th rounder and you are going to instantly have a 1,000 yard runner. That may be do-able on less than a handful of teams in the NFL, but truth of the matter is, most good running backs in the NFL were drafted in the first few rounds. The ones that werent mostly came out of small colleges or had significant injury concerns.

Yes, tell me more on who surrounded AP with his time with the Vikings.

So many elite receivers, great QB's like Tavarus Jackson and Christian Ponder. And the best O-line in football right?

Cause it's never about the player, just about who they've got around em huh

AP is like once in a generational talent, same as Barry. Calvin, Randy, guys that are just "different"

But maybe ignore the fact that every RB in Denver put up huge numbers, or every RB that follows Andy Reid around, or every short white guy that lines up at WR for the Patriots doin work.

Your post is riddled with hypotheticals. Like how the hell is anyone supposed to answer this. Does anyone know if Zeke would be this good in Cleveland? Who the **** knows. They have a decent offensive line. Lets not act like Demarco wasnt solid as hell last year before hurting his hammy this year.

As for position, all he said was a high draft pick. I consider spending a 1-3rd on a player to be a high draft pick and realistically if David Johnson doesn't switch positions in college and goes to a D-1 college, he is a first rounder.

As for Ajayi, Lamar Miller, and alfred morris, what have they really done. All three have been mediocre as hell except for a one or two year stretch. Kamara was a third rounder in an extremely deep class and gore dropped due to having an awful knee injury in college.

Obviously the team surrounding a player matters, but the talent that a player has matters as well. People are acting like you can just plug in a 4th-7th rounder and you are going to instantly have a 1,000 yard runner. That may be do-able on less than a handful of teams in the NFL, but truth of the matter is, most good running backs in the NFL were drafted in the first few rounds. The ones that werent mostly came out of small colleges or had significant injury concerns.

Ok, YOU consider 1-3 as "top picks" but that's not the narrative you're speaking of. That is reserved for early in the first round. So we'd just be arguing semantics at that point. I agree 100% that you don't spend a top 20 pick on a RB unless he's one of those AP's or Barry Sanders types. (maybe Marshall Faulk)

If you're extending that into the 3rd round, then there's nothin to argue, that's half the draft.

AP is like once in a generational talent, same as Barry. Calvin, Randy, guys that are just "different"

But maybe ignore the fact that every RB in Denver put up huge numbers, or every RB that follows Andy Reid around, or every short white guy that lines up at WR for the Patriots doin work.

So you are saying to ignore AP because he is an exception, but you are throwing out systems that are certainly exceptions to the norm and this somehow proves your point?

You are right, every team is coached like the patriots and chiefs.

Ok, YOU consider 1-3 as "top picks" but that's not the narrative you're speaking of. That is reserved for early in the first round. So we'd just be arguing semantics at that point. I agree 100% that you don't spend a top 20 pick on a RB unless he's one of those AP's or Barry Sanders types. (maybe Marshall Faulk)

If you're extending that into the 3rd round, then there's nothin to argue, that's half the draft.

Yeah the top half of the draft. You dont consider second and third rounders valuable? Maybe this is why the Dolphins are constantly ******.

maybe marshall faulk?

if you're drafting RBs for the game today, he's the 1st pick

Rams on the field personnel didn't change much.

Gurley was nice his rookie season, had a sophomore slump and is back to being a top back.

But somehow I'm supposed to believe that he's benefitting because of the players around him.

Rams on the field personnel didn't change much.

Gurley was nice his rookie season, had a sophomore slump and is back to being a top back.

But somehow I'm supposed to believe that he's benefitting because of the players around him.

#systemback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom