|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Never, never, ever, ever ever ever eva.....bring it up, til it's done.

Like no hitters, cept we don't really want to jinx them.

They know what to do late, they know....

Exactly...

I be seeing them up sometimes by as many as 10 early in games and think "oh **** maybe tonight will be a W..."

Check back later after dinner.

29 point loss. :stoneface:

I don't say a peep now and just pray the clock strikes 0 with an L

Myrie could be a target if Cleveland implodes this postseason.

Well considering he's a better offensive player than Clarkson, nah.

Nice try though Clipper Dan.

Scoring first PG, who is a mediocre passer.
Not good at getting a team involved.
Horrendous defense.
Injury Concerns.

Difference between would be nice to have him and having to trade for him.

A win now team trading a 23 year old All Star, 3 years, 4 with a player option left on his contracts, would cost damn near everything.. No thanks to starting this team with only Kyrie & Randle.

Last edited:
Kyrie. 
laugh.gif

He'd be the 2 so he can concentrate on getting buckets like he does now. D'Lo could still be the PG.

GM Bron isn't the smartest cookie. If he wants Kyrie gone, he's gone.

It'll cost the pick this year and maybe one of the young guys. He's def injury prone, but it would be a cheaper and younger option than Derozan.

Just thought of it with what P was saying earlier about them maybe trying to pull a CLE if they land top 2 pick in an effort to make their deadline. That or Boogie will be explored again this summer.

I don't know if you mentioned the possibility of Kyrie at the 2 before, so if you did, my apologies. Just barely skimmed through the thread.

Don't really mind Myrie as a 2.

Not a fan, but don't hate it.

Logistically.....IF we have to deal something, after getting 1 or 2 this year, I build around DLo and Simmons/Ingram and deal Randle/Clarkson as the package. They are the first to get paid, so extend the cheap window.

Them and filler for Star #1
Then spend for Stars 2 and 3.

DLo-Simmons/Ingram to round out your "core".

Vets, cheap rookie deals to fill out your 12.

If they deal DLo/Ingram, I'm gonna be heated.

I don't love this idea, but if it has to happen, I want the 2 youngest/most talented/cheapest-longest to stay.

Perfect world, we keep them all and add 2-3 pieces via FA and get back in the game.

Keep this pick is step 1. 6 more weeks.

I've thought he's been playing out of position for a while, especially with LBJ now. His mindset isn't too make plays for others even though he is capable of doing so. He thinks buckets buckets buckets. I wouldn't want him as a starting PG either, but at the 2 I can tolerate.

All depends on what he costs. And if he's playing the 2.

But my guess is it will cost too much and he would end up the starting PG and Russell would be traded.

In that case, absolutely not.

And Randle has zero use to Cleveland because of Love and Tristan. That leaves Russell, Clarkson and the pick.

Last edited:
It may cost one, but I don't think both. Either D'Lo or the pick this year should we keep it and likely Clarkson just for salary.

So either we acquire Kyrie with a Simmons/Ingram or we keep D'Lo and they play together. I wouldn't have a terrible issue with D'Lo because I think both Simmons/Ingram will be the better players, but that's just my opinion. But if he wants out, that would give us some leverage.

Him wanting out only gives leverage if his contract was expiring soon. It's not.

Kevin Love cost Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett and another pick which was exchanged for Thad Young that went to Minny.

That was guy who was leaving Minnesota in less than 12 months, no matter what they did. He even said he was leaving.

That's having no leverage.

Having a guy locked up for 3 more seasons, that also mirrors the window for LeBron, gives the Cavs plenty of leverage.

We can all agree Randle is out... They have no use for him. Unless you trade Randle to a 3rd team for a 1st to go to the Cavs.

So then Clarkson, 1st if we keep it and 1st we got for Randle.

Trading for a star, is really not going to be as easy as some of you think it will be.

I don't want to hear about James damn Harden. That was a GM needlessly trying to save money in 3 years.

There's nothing to save money for with small market teams going forward in the next few years. The luxury tax number will be so high, a few teams will take a couple years to even really look like a tax team a few years after that.

Last edited:
Most these star deals have taken two good to great assets to get deals done. Harden, Dwight, CP3, Love all got done without King's ransoms. I think you're overestimating the climate. Kyrie's contract situation is different, but the spectre of Lebron possibly wanting him gone is worse for Cleveland.

Last edited:
Most these star deals have taken two good to great assets to get deals done. Harden, Dwight, CP3 all got done without King's ransoms. I think you're overestimating the climate.

Dwight was leaving Orlando in less than 12 months. Could have just left anyway, but bozo opted in and then told them trade me or else. I'm leaving after the 2012-13 season.

CP3 was leaving in less than 12 months. Had an opt out after 2011-12 that he opt in for, for the Clippers. Told Hornets he would opt out if not traded.

Love told the Wolves, he's leaving in 12 months.

All those teams surveyed and got the best deal available. And none of them were Kings Ransoms because they had no leverage of having a long contract.

Again, Harden was Sam Presti being desperately worried about the luxury tax that his team wasn't even in yet. He needlessly traded Harden. That deal is a completely different situation.

If Kyrie's contract ended after next season? Sure.... I'd agree.

But he's still got 3 seasons left on that deal.

That gives them a significant amount of leverage. And remember LeBron is the guy who traded Wiggins for Love. You think saying hey we have Jordan Clarkson and the # 2 pick. Are you in? Is enticing to him?

LeBron blocks it like he did with Love because the possible deal they got would make them go backwards.

Last edited:
What else is there to talk about though? The team sucks. There's only 22 games left in the season, there's honestly no reason to watch this team outside of 3 or 4 games left this season, one of them being Kobe's farewell. Draft lottery in two months. If you guys have more interesting topics please introduce them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom