|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Oklahoma City Thunder couldn't get it done I don't understand how the Los Angeles Thunder could get it done. KD and Westbrook leaving and going somewhere else is the dumbest thing I have heard of. I dont know why anyone would continue to entertain that idiocracy.

All this talk of FA and what players are gonna do what and how they will sign and etc ....all this banter.
Until things get right up top it all doesn't matter. As long as our lovely franchise leaders keep hiring BS (literally & figuratively) coaches, signing crap 1 year players, look like idiots in public and in meetings, then none of this matters in all honestly.
In their defense people forget how much bad luck they've had. 

2012- Got to the finals. Great start

2013- Westbrook injured in the playoffs

2014- Ibaka injured in the playoffs. Rushes back after they go down 2-0 to the Spurs. They win the next two, but ultimately fall 4-2 to the Spurs. Close series after Ibaka came back. Not saying Ibaka changes the series, but it's a possibility. 

2015- Durant injured. 

This doesn't even include them being stupid about Harden. 

We're not getting anyone. Not Whiteside, not Horford, not KD, not Derozan. No one.

They're going to strike out again, and get someone like Hibbert or Lin to fill cap space and go from there.

If we keep the pick, awesome another kid to develop. If we don't, we don't. Our core is Russell clarkson, Randle, brown and nance.

They'll improve over the next two years and when the Warriors start to show signs of vulnerability, that's when the lakers will look more attractive. Until then it's the Warriors world and we're just living in it.

Bottom line they need to get a coach to instill a culture, agree on a front office, and stop looking like complete idiots in the media.
Well one could argue having 60 million in cap space and having the throne to LA wide open is pretty enticing to players. On top of that, let's say the Lakers get a pick this May. That's another possible asset. Not saying they should move their young players, but that's another big asset to possibly get a player to add to the free agents you can lure this summer.

Maybe I overhype this, but I really do think Kobe retiring and giving up the throne to the next guy is really enticing to players. These guys are as aware of these legacy debates as we all are. 

Also Scott is 100% gone this summer. It's a matter of who will they hire to replace him. 

We're not getting anyone. Not Whiteside, not Horford, not KD, not Derozan. No one.

They're going to strike out again, and get someone like Hibbert or Lin to fill cap space and go from there.

If we keep the pick, awesome another kid to develop. If we don't, we don't. Our core is Russell clarkson, Randle, brown and nance.

They'll improve over the next two years and when the Warriors start to show signs of vulnerability, that's when the lakers will look more attractive. Until then it's the Warriors world and we're just living in it.

Bottom line they need to get a coach to instill a culture, agree on a front office, and stop looking like complete idiots in the media.
Well one could argue having 60 million in cap space and having the throne to LA wide open is pretty enticing to players. On top of that, let's say the Lakers get a pick this May. That's another possible asset. Not saying they should move their young players, but that's another big asset to possibly get a player to add to the free agents you can lure this summer.

Maybe I overhype this, but I really do think Kobe retiring and giving up the throne to the next guy is really enticing to players. These guys are as aware of these legacy debates as we all are. 

Also Scott is 100% gone this summer. It's a matter of who will they hire to replace him. 

Maybe I'm just that pessimistic and down on the Lakers as a brand. But I don't think it matters. I think players want to build there own brand and not under the Lakera umbrella.

And I don't know anymore man. I don't this its out of this world for the lakers to keep Scott. Obviously we want him gone but I could see them keeping him and clearing house in 2017.

I think Whiteside is a very good chance.

Whether Lakers chase him is a different story

Last edited:
I agree with Kal on this one, it does sound pessimistic but I think it's true.

We ain't signing any of those dudes. We can dream, talk, hypothesize (We do plenty of that...)... But when it really matters in free agency we gin strike out again.

I ain't gonna be disappointed because it's what I expect. Kal obviously feels the same way.
It's not really being negative, it's just accepting reality.

No one with real star value will come here.
Solid role players for lots of money? Sure.

But the derozans or kd's of the world ain't sniffing LA. Will be used as negotiation leverage that's all.
We'll get courtesy meetings, laker fans will wet their pants, and nothing will come out of them.

We gon be stuck with this squad one more year at least, best we can hope for is landing that top 2 pick.

I agree with Kal on this one, it does sound pessimistic but I think it's true.

We ain't signing any of those dudes. We can dream, talk, hypothesize (We do plenty of that...)... But when it really matters in free agency we gin strike out again.

I ain't gonna be disappointed because it's what I expect. Kal obviously feels the same way.
It's not really being negative, it's just accepting reality.

No one with real star value will come here.
Solid role players for lots of money? Sure.

But the derozans or kd's of the world ain't sniffing LA. Will be used as negotiation leverage that's all.
We'll get courtesy meetings, laker fans will wet their pants, and nothing will come out of them.

We gon be stuck with this squad one more year at least, best we can hope for is landing that top 2 pick.
So much TRUTH

I just don't think anyone is prepared for this. And if we lose the pick (which I think we will and havent changed my opinion of it) there will be anarchy in the streets.

One thing the 710 guys have mentioned that has merit, is bringing in another guy to oversee Mitch and Jim long-term. It wouldn't make sense to let the guys on the hot seat hire a new coach with basically a year left on the deadline they set when you think about it.

I wouldn't bother with another cook in the kitchen.

That could/would just cause more unneeded disruption. Overseer wants __, Jim/Mitch wants __ and who wins that?

Just let them finish their product.

And pray.

And before the long dissertation of why would you give up the young guys? It's going to happen anyway at some point after they fail to move the needle this summer.

I think KD and Russ's deals would be around 27 million to start. If we only use one max slot this season we should have enough for two the following summer.

KD would be like $33million.. He'd qualify for highest tier max in 2017.

Russ would be like $28mil

That's why it's virtually impossible for them both to go someplace new together in the same year. Especially if they want something established before they get there. Whereas if they do it 1 year after the other is something far easier.

As for trading the young guys, it's nonsense to trade them until you have to pay them... If at all... I guess Clarkson is a trickier situation because he's getting paid good money next year.. You're not going to like what you get for them, and if you don't have a KD in tow already you just kicked the rebuilding can further.

Last edited:
A few people have commented that even if this deadline is a real thing... Unless Jim let's it happen, Jeanie will have an extremely difficult time kicking him out...

So 61 million for both? That's doable if the cap goes up to 108 next summer even if you do bring in Whiteside, Randle, Lou, Clarkson could be moved I think for depth. Or a combo of Russ x Blake. Clarkson is getting paid this summer and Randle will after the 2018 season.

Originally Posted by CP1708

I wouldn't bother with another cook in the kitchen.

That could/would just cause more unneeded disruption. Overseer wants __, Jim/Mitch wants __ and who wins that?

Just let them finish their product.

And pray.
If convincing me to ride with Mitch and Jim was your intent, those last 2 words couldn't have done more damage. 
laugh.gif

Don't forget the pressure to follow Kobe and all the chips in LA

I don't remember free agents signing with Chicago after Jordan/Pip era

Tmac and Duncan flirted but never signed

Don't forget the pressure to follow Kobe and all the chips in LA

I don't remember free agents signing with Chicago after Jordan/Pip era

Tmac and Duncan flirted but never signed

But you think we're a mess.. That team was 100x worse.

Mike was partially driven out by how management conducted business, but mostly due to being tired of the wear and tear... Phil was absolutely driven out... Drove Pippen out... Let Rodman go.

Had it just been Mike Retiring.... And Phil leaving.... A different dynamic, that may change things a lot.

This team is more 2002-03 Bulls.

And another difference between us and them... One team is willing to spend the money.. The other kicked that can as long as possible, not looking for the next star, but to keep that bottom line in the black.

Don't think it has too much to do with replacing MJ, and moreso a team that had a bad reputation that was willing to sacrifice winning for the bottom line

Also Bulls drafted poorly for a while, and were very weird with how they managed assets.. And turned it around only because Jerry Krause left, and lucked into meeting a dumb Suns GM and the Knicks being very Knicks-ish

Last edited:
Ya you're right. The organization had issues then. Brand Chandler and Artest were good pick, jay Williams too

Ya you're right. The organization had issues then. Brand Chandler and Artest were good pick, jay Williams too

They traded Brand for Chandler..

Traded Ron for 29 year old Jalen Rose, who was good, but had never led a team.

Jay Williams was tragic.. But he wasn't necessarily translating to the NBA that first year, compared to the college player he was.

Also acquired the pick that would be Lamarcus Aldridge in the hilarious Eddy Curry trade... And then traded him for Tyrus Thomas :lol:

They could have had Aldridge & Noah (who they also got from the Knicks) :smh:

Last edited:
What if the lakers did something like the Cavs if we land the number one pick? Like how LeBron went back to CLE and then they traded their pick for a disgruntled all star (Love).

What if we can sell KD to come on board and maybe trade the first pick for a disgruntled all star like Demarcus Cousins?

A bunch of maybes and what ifs. This season sucks. I'm going to bed.

What if the lakers did something like the Cavs if we land the number one pick? Like how LeBron went back to CLE and then they traded their pick for a disgruntled all star (Love).

What if we can sell KD to come on board and maybe trade the first pick for a disgruntled all star like Demarcus Cousins?

A bunch of maybes and what ifs. This season sucks. I'm going to bed.
On one hand I'm deathly afraid of potentially trading away a star on a rookie contract. On the other hand, if it means bringing in a proven player to go with the free agent acquisitions, then it may be worth it.

Pincus is hinting at that, or at least, he was the other night.

My fear is like the coaching search, Jim and Mitch may be trying to "rush" this process because of that stupid deadline.

If Jeanie has any sort of brains, she steps back, looks at what they've lucked into (bunch of young talent, cheap, with a ton of cap space to add around) and says, ok, deadline is good enough. Continue on with your jobs, keep growing, keep building, we'll turn the corner real soon.

I pray she gets that. Don't force them into bad moves, just let them build wisely, and thank God every single day that Carmelo said no.

Brandon Ingram, SF, Duke: This isn't exactly a consolation prize, as Ingram is a terrific prospect in his own right for many of the aforementioned reasons. He's big, long, can shoot, and will fit the modern NBA game perfectly once the rest of his frame fills out. He should be able to slide seamlessly between the 3 and 4, as he's tough and embraces contact. He does need to improve his game off the dribble and just round out his skill-set, but this would be a pretty great fit for the Lakers, who are building around D'Angelo Russell, Jordan Clarkson and Julius Randle.

:frown:

I just wanna flip Jimmys hat off his head and watch him scramble and panic trying to put it back on

Bald spot insecurity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom