|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love what the future holds. But I'll miss Kobe man. Hate to see my dude not going out playing competitive basketball and hate not being able to root for him to win (team tank first). 20 damn years. I'll officially be old when he's gone.

Current Roster:

D'Angelo Russell - Keep
Jordan Clarkson - Keep (Offer 4 year / $44-48mil, most another team can offer is a max 4 year / $57.8mil... If a team offers that, then we swoop in, and we make out... Contract would be 2 year / $11mil, followed by 2 years / $46mil... So we can wait for a long time on his contract, and get it done in August if need be).
Julius Randle - Keep
Lou Williams - Keep (I think he has some pull on Free Agents, not much, but some... He's also on a good contract.. Keep him, and see if something big comes up at some point with him as part of a package)
Larry Nance Jr. - Keep
Tarik Black - Keep (Although Byron's stupidity has kept him from playing, when he needs the playing time, it may help us to keep his contract at less than what Ed Davis' was because he just hasn't played enough)
Anthony Brown - Keep

Nick Young - Just roll with him. He's not hurting our chances at anything right now. I'd like to see if another coach will change his fortunes a bit.. Even if you hate his guts, you gotta admit that Byron isn't the coach for him. Also, if need be, say we need to create some money to add somebody, we could always stretch provision his contract

Kobe Bryant - Retiring
Brandon Bass - Should opt out... Some team should be giving him a 3 year deal at $5mil per year.. Good teammate, solid production, and works his *** off.
Roy Hibbert - Poor guy lost 1 step, and the NBA completely evolved on him. But he is a great guy, good teammate.. Too young to take the kind of discount needed to keep him around as a mentor
Ryan Kelly - Decline Qualifying Offer... Could always circle back around if no team gives him any type of deal.. Far too good to be in the DLeague, not good enough to get significant burn
Robert Sacre- Let him go.. Can always Circle Around to him to be end of the bench.
Metta World Peace - Likely Retiring.. Do think he should be retained by the team as a special adviser, and hang around for practices, etc.
Marcelo Huertas - Goodbye

Free Agency:

30% Max Deals
Kevin Durant
Al Horford
Nic Batum
DeMar DeRozan

25% Max Deals
Hassan Whiteside
Harrison Barnes (RFA... But if GSW let him go, to get KD... Open season)

The Rest of these guys are ones you add after you do all of the movement for max players.

Chandler Parsons
Luol Deng
Kent Bazemore
Bismack Biyombo
Joakim Noah (Really weary of him though)
Courtney Lee
Jordan Hill
Festus Ezeli

Draft (IF WE KEEP THE PICK):
Ingram
Simmons
Trade Back for Buddy Hield

Not sold on Bender..... Seems like the things that made KP a mythical creature in prospect scouting, Bender does not even remotely possess at this time. May have to do with level of talent in this draft at the top. But being wrong on KP has made me slightly gun shy :lol:

If we trade back, and pick up another 1st - Denzel Valentine...

2nd Round - Caris LaVert, Gary Payton II

But I can also admit, I have a bias for Valentine, LaVert (Even though he needs some work) & GPII... Not really too well versed about 20-40 guys right now

Last edited:
Batum at a 30% max 
eek.gif

Of course I'd like Batum at $18mil. But there's going to be a lot of places who will go high on him. Bet on young guys to grow and he be a veteran consistent presence.

Only way I think you get him cheaper which is still $18-20mil.... Is if KD and Whiteside/Horford are in tow, and he's seeing a title. But there's very little chance we can pull that type of haul off. Would need to create a lot of currently nonexistent cap space.

Other than that. It may be $22-23miland maybe $25mil if Jordan is desperate. And he always is as Owner.

Last edited:
for how much people overhype giannis around here getting the more experienced version for 20 mil is a bargain 

I'd sell Batum/DeRozan and either Horford or Whiteside on taking 20 mil each and coming over as a trio.

Thibs
Whiteside
Batum
DeRozan
Ingram

All in one off season. If you can sell them on that, you could jump up pretty far in the West inside two years.

Next year feeler stage, 2017-18 would be

Whiteside 29
Randle 23
Batum 29
DeRozan 28
DLo 22

Clarkson 25
Ingram 21
Nance 25
Brown/Black/#32 all 24-27 or so.

Sell that. Offer them that. Show them why that trio + the #2 pick could join our 3-4 young guys and make somethin happen in the post Kobe era.

If one says no (DeRozan) kick an extra 5 mil at the other two, least you can get a duo. Sucks, but still can upgrade the core quickly.

There's really no way to sell them though unless they have some type of rapport with each other ala Wade and Bron. They all kinda have to be independent pitches just because of the uncertainty of what the others will do and the different stages each are at in their careers and motives.

And our track record with actually making effective pitches has been pretty bad.

Last edited:
I like your plan but only if they will sign those contracts on 1-2 year deals. If they don't want to sign those then so be it. 

We need guys that make us competitive now without tying up our cap long term. Either solid rotation pieces at long term deals or grossly overpay a Batum/Whiteside on short deals. 

This team needs to be like GS 4-5 years ago. They were a 20-30 win team for 3 years and never signed a bad contract, but they surrounded Steph and Clay with guys that made them competitive who aren't max players, like AI, Monte, Lee and Bogut.  Once splash bros and Co developed, they were in the playoffs...and now they're in a position to sign Durant. 

Our core won't develop into contenders like GS, but if we can show a similar growth then a star will want to come to put us over the top. It could take a long time (or never at all), but the last thing we need is to get stuck in 2nd round purgatory. 

Last edited:
GS is super lucky that Curry's ankles were made of glass and they have him so on the greatest contract in the league. Bogut and Lee were OK deals at best and they traded for Iggy so it's not much like our situation at all. We have ca space we need to spend and nobody is going to take a 1 or 2 year deal in the prime of career with an exploding cap. Unless it's a unique situation like Bron or KD. To get anyone of significance to come to this train wreck of a team we're going to have to offer max years and money.

GS is super lucky that Curry's ankles were made of glass and they have him so on the greatest contract in the league. Bogut and Lee were OK deals at best and they traded for Iggy so it's not much like our situation at all. We have ca space we need to spend and nobody is going to take a 1 or 2 year deal in the prime of career with an exploding cap. Unless it's a unique situation like Bron or KD. To get anyone of significance to come to this train wreck of a team we're going to have to offer max years and money.

All of this.

Also add in by the time we're contending Clarkson, Randle and probably Russell will be getting paid a lot of money.

Throw in that every FA pitch we strike out on, we'll look 100x worse.

Last edited:
I'd sell Batum/DeRozan and either Horford or Whiteside on taking 20 mil each and coming over as a trio.

Thibs
Whiteside
Batum
DeRozan
Ingram

All in one off season. If you can sell them on that, you could jump up pretty far in the West inside two years.

Next year feeler stage, 2017-18 would be

Whiteside 29
Randle 23
Batum 29
DeRozan 28
DLo 22

Clarkson 25
Ingram 21
Nance 25
Brown/Black/#32 all 24-27 or so.

Sell that. Offer them that. Show them why that trio + the #2 pick could join our 3-4 young guys and make somethin happen in the post Kobe era.

If one says no (DeRozan) kick an extra 5 mil at the other two, least you can get a duo. Sucks, but still can upgrade the core quickly.

Not sure you get guys to take $5mil pay cuts.. Which would be $23mil over 4 years, and even more if they were to stay on their team.

Especially when the Hornets are already being talked about offering Nic Batum a full max on July 1.

For 3 - 30% max deals, we need to clear $20mil

2- 30% , 1- 25%, we need to clear about $16mil

1- 30%, 2 - 25% is about $12mil

3 - 25%, would be $7mil

Maybe if KD was coming over for the full max... Then maybe one of two of Batum, DeRozan or Horford take paycuts... But harder to see it without KD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom