|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are putting together some good teams, but where do we go from there? Unless our core is the next GS, that team doesn't exactly scream championship. 

I know it hasn't been working, but I'd prefer we continue to bide out time until we create a situation for a star to come in. Just need to change our approach to FA.

We have only gone for value contracts these past few years (Ed Davis, Lou, Bass, Young's first deal) and gambled on big money guys (Lin, Hibbert). When the gambles don't work, we end up as the train wreck we are now. Pat Riley couldn't sell anyone on this team. 

We haven't even tried to overpay for guys who can actually play. If the avg starter will get 15 mil, then offer him 20-25 mil for 1-2 yrs. Offer a good player 60 mil for 2 yrs. There are Butler/Tristan Thompson types willing to gamble on themselves with shorter deals.  If it doesn't work, couldn't we at least get enough mid-tier guys to make us a 30-40 win team? Why break the bank and lose future flexibility to be a fringe playoff team? All we need is to not be the worst team in the league for our young guys to develop.

You offer any of these guys two years and you won't even get past hello, it doesn't work like that man. Specifically with the cap explosion and still the spectre of another lockout that could happen after the 2017 season. Jimmy Butler bet on himself and cashed of with a 5 year max deal, the previous offer was for 5 years as well just less money. Bron got his boy a 5 year deal as well.

Only the very best franchise players in very specific circumstances like I said in a KD or Bron who are eligible for these super max deals and will get those regardless even if they keep doing the 1+1 stuff will get it. Everyone else wants the financial security.

And there's the whole self imposed deadline that Jim gave himself to be a playoff team next season, they don't have time to bide anymore like they have previously.

And for the record they offered Melo the same deal NY did he just turned us down, so they've only signed 1 or 2 year deals or very low cost in order to maintain flexibility for this and next summer, they know they have to do something.

Last 9 games

Julius - 12.4/12.3/1.4 .463 on 10.6 FGA .611 on 4 FTA
Clarkson - 18.9/4.9/3.7 .528 on 13.7 FGA .537 on 4.6 3PA .783 FT on 2.6 FTA
Russell - 14.2/3.0/4.1 .441 on 11.3 FGA .432 on 4.1 3PA .786 FT on 3.1 FTA

Durant/Horford/Batum's maxes: 4 years-$107M ($25M to $26.125M to $27.25M to $28.375M with the 4.5% raises).

Edit:

Huge tank implications in tonight's Nets vs Suns game.

Joe Johnson is reportedly seeking a buy-out from the Nets too. :smh:

Last edited:
i think you ONLY bring in DeRozan if he's a package deal with Horford/Whiteside. If not then neither will come anyway IMO so don't offer

I'll pass on Batum because i want Ingram to start :evil:

Last edited:
Durant/Horford/Batum's maxes: 4 years-$107M ($25M to $26.125M to $27.25M to $28.375M with the 4.5% raises).

Edit:

Huge tank implications in tonight's Nets vs Suns game.

Joe Johnson is reportedly seeking a buy-out from the Nets too. :smh:

Need Phoenix to cook tonight.

Now guys don't have to choose.... they can go to a winning team AND get paid

We're just not good enough for a guy like KD to choose us out of the blue

Last edited:
After the top 2 spots, and maybe even just the top spot, the west is gonna be wide open next season. Teams like the clippers and grizz are already non factors, nobody takes them seriously. Pdx, okc, dal, okc, Uta, Houston are in flux. Then you have a bunch of fringe teams. If you hit big in free agency you can slide into the playoffs overnight.

Realistically there's no team kd can go to and be a true threat to the dubs in one season. It's gonna be a 2-3 year project wherever he goes so if you can sell him and another FA that you have the brightest future I could see it happening. Not expecting it but I could see it.

Last edited:
Unless KD leaves, the top 4 will remain the same. That means at best you'd be competing for the bottom 4 slots.

We won't be the only ones with cap space to get at least one impact player and that's the problem, outside of Philly we have the worst situation. Plus with the crop of free agents this summer not being strong it's highly unlikely we go from worst team in the West to playoffs.

Yea that's what I meant. With kd leaving okc would fall, possibly even out the playoffs like last year when he was hurt. And I should've specified that goes for any team that wins free agency, not just us so you have to sell the future. Almost any west team that gets two key free agents is basically on par with this year's thunder honestly. At least on paper

Nothing in KDs history tells me that he craves to be in LA LA Land.

He chose Texas over muchhhhh higher profile programs in part because he was loyal to the guy that recruited him first.

By all accounts he's a small-town type dude, loves to go to the personal studio and rap and then go ball. He's supportive in that OKC community and is basically a pillar to that franchise.

Can't see him living in the spotlight, making the KIA and State Farm commercials and being happy with the fame's eye in LA.

He'll resign in OKC.

Now Russy :evil: :evil: :evil:

Last edited:
Joe Johnson has been waived.

Nets have engaged the tank, although the pick just goes to the Celtics :smh: :smh:

Last edited:
Nets will still be as competitive as they would've been with Joe I think. Got rhj coming back and mccollugh. They weren't gonna do any better than 5th at best

Nets will still be as competitive as they would've been with Joe I think. Got rhj coming back and mccollugh. They weren't gonna do any better than 5th at best
I agree, somewhat.

They were thin with Joe, and now he's gone they got no perimeter scoring besides maybe Bogdanovic. They're bench is getting outscored by like 15 points per 100 possessions since Jack went down. But they were probably only going to win only a couple of more games anyways. But two or three games makes a difference in the tank.

Nets vs Suns today. The way it's looking it's a win-win today for the tank since Nets waived JJ but Suns taking the W would be good considering they've been playing so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom