|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Quite frankly, I have to get more answers on our players going forward on this [young] corps. I want to see them develop and not only just get through the season averaging X-number of minutes and then next year we just figure it out. We need answers this year.

View media item 1819167

Last edited:
CVsN8kIXIAErUT8.png:large
Mitch Quotes:

Russell:
"I've been very pleased with D'Angelo. I think he's going to be a really, really, really good player," Kupchak said. "Going forward, we're going to have to surround him with players that know how to play because he loves to make plays, whether it's a pick-and-roll, drop pass, or a look-away pass.
"I think he will score in this league. Defensively, he's got a long way to go. I think he wants it. He's in the gym before practice and he goes back at night. It's tough out there for a 19-year-old. He's just going to have to remain confident and remember that his work ethic is going to make the difference."

Randle:
"One thing about Julius that's impressive is he just plays so hard," Kupchak said. "A lot of time when you play hard, you make mistakes but you also make up for mistakes just by playing hard. I think if you talked to general managers and coaches around the league, would you rather have a rookie play too hard and that may lead to mistakes or one that doesn't play hard? And I think the answer is always the same: You'll always take a guy that plays hard and competes.
"He doesn't know where he fits in yet on the offensive side and we don't know ultimately how his impact on this league is going to be felt. But his competitive nature is unmatched."

Kobe:
"You always wonder, is he still trying to find his rhythm and his timing, or is this what we're going to see for the rest of the year?" Kupchak said. "I think he goes back and forth on it. Some days I think he feels great and his legs feel great and he feels like his rhythm is back, and then the next day it's not a great game.
"It's not a game that he plays by himself either. There are teammates that have to put him in positions and a coaching staff that has to put him in position where maybe he'd be more successful. It's hard to say after 20 games if this is it. Clearly, he's not the Kobe of old."

View on rest of the season
"I think our fans understand, this being Kobe's last year, after 19 just ridiculous years, that we're in a year that there's going to be a salute and a goodbye, which in itself is exciting. But we've got to give them more than that," Kupchak said. "Quite frankly, I have to get more answers on our players going forward on this [young] corps. I want to see them develop and not only just get through the season averaging X-number of minutes and then next year we just figure it out. We need answers this year."
Mitch 
nthat.gif

Byron 
sick.gif

sick.gif

sick.gif

sick.gif

sick.gif

sick.gif

Byron has to get fired after we lose these next 3 road games after these shenanigans benching our future, we'll be 3-21

Unbelievable

#innocentbystander

kobe been in tank mode :nthat:

**** lets keep this interesting.....

through ought the season, who hits what first:

Randle hits 30pts

kobe hits 40pts

anyone???

Yea not for coin flip ....not a coin flip.
Byron needs to go ASAP.
Its a sticky situation though. There has been so much damage done. You wonder is it better just to keep him for the tank. Buuuuut I think the damage would be far too great at the end of the season just for a coin flip. I think if we keep Byron for much longer it might legit affect DLo and Randle's psyche. Moreso DLo. How Randle lead the league in double-doubles as a 2nd year rookie and you bench him :lol:

God! Mitch needs to swallow his pride go to Jerry West and ask him who he would hire as coach for this team.

Give Pressey the interim position.... tell him the kids play 32-35 minutes a night or he's fired too.

Win-Win.... because they aren't gonna win very much... and when they do it'll be on the back of "progress"

Byron needs to resign, that is the only way I see him leaving in the middle of the year. He can come out and say, you know as a die hard Laker I feel my reach wasn't getting to the kids and they need someone else to come in a fresh voice. Lakers can throw him back into the booth with Worthy and he can enjoy his hot Filipino wife and relax. They have Madsen, who we say from summer league is horrible, come in and just play the **** out of the youngsters. This gives the Lakers like 8 months to find a new coach, they can start polling college coaches, start talking to coaches who aren't employed (Thibs) and what not.

Would this hurt the Tank? Probably, but as its been mentioned her ad nauseum, its basically a coin flip to get that spot.

We'll see what happens, but Mitch's comments don't bode well for Byron at all.

Like Walton is gonna be a good coach IMO.

Perfect candidate to cultivate our young talent. I was convinced he was when I saw the plays he was drawing up near the end at Torronto when it was pretty close. Doesn't make silly decisions and is very even keel.

He is gonna be legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom