Let's Turn This Post Into " Upcoming/Recommend A Scary Movie " Thread.

Treehouse_of_Horror_series_DVD.jpg

Day 31
Disney+

Halloween night: G.O.A.T
MV5BYWFlZGY2NDktY2ZjOS00ZWNkLTg0ZDAtZDY4MTM1ODU4ZjljXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUzOTY1NTc@._V1_.jpg

HBO Max

US Release Date: 2023
Starring: Alexander Skarsgård, Mia Goth and Cleopatra Coleman
Director: Brandon Cronenberg

Synopsis: While staying at an isolated island resort, James (Alexander Skarsgård) and Em (Cleopatra Coleman) are enjoying a perfect vacation of pristine beaches, exceptional staff, and soaking up the sun. But guided by the seductive and mysterious Gabi (Mia Goth), they venture outside the resort grounds and find themselves in a culture filled with violence, hedonism, and untold horror. A tragic accident leaves them facing a zero tolerance policy for crime: either you’ll be executed, or, if you’re rich enough to afford it, you can watch yourself die instead.

I'm still looking forward to Scream VI but just wonder how they'll explain the absence of Sidney.

Evil Dead Rise
US Release Date: April 21, 2023
Starring: Alyssa Sutherland, Lily Sullivan, Gabrielle Echols
Director: Lee Cronin
Synopsis: Two sisters find themselves in a fight for their lives when an ancient book gives birth to bloodthirsty demons that run amok in a Los Angeles apartment building.

I'm excited. Knowing the setting, I'm wondering if they expand into a mini Army of Darkness situation. An apartment building full of deadites would be something.

Ari Aster's new drama/horror/comedy

US Release Date: April 21, 2023
Starring: Joaquin Phoenix, Nathan Lane, Amy Ryan
Directed By: Ari Aster

Synopsis: From director Ari Aster and starring Academy Award winner Joaquin Phoenix.

It’s so ironic to me they want the new Scream movies to be “fresh” new characters but still bring back the old characters and how all the new characters are tied to previous characters in some way :lol: Like the new Halloween trilogy trying to retcon older ones but still having endless homages to them.

Looks pretty decent though, seems like it’s the more violent in the new trilogy similar to how Halloween Kills was. The last one was decent minus the awful twist at the end

US Release Date: June 2, 2023
Starring: Sophie Thatcher, Chris Messina, Vivien Lyra Blair, Marin Ireland, Madison Hu, LisaGay Hamilton, and David Dastmalchian
Directed By: Rob Savage
Synopsis: Horror-thriller from the mind of best-selling author Stephen King. High school student Sadie Harper and her younger sister Sawyer are reeling from the recent death of their mother and aren’t getting much support from their father, Will, a therapist who is dealing with his own pain. When a desperate patient unexpectedly shows up at their home seeking help, he leaves behind a terrifying supernatural entity that preys on families and feeds on the suffering of its victims.

Gonna see it tomorrow as well. Curious to how they tie in the killers to the original movies while trying to be edgy and separate the new movies from the original ones :lol:

Pretty much every character from previous one was related to someone from the originals, quite hilarious

Back
Top Bottom