let this thread die (NYK)

Watching Fields shoot all that 3's tonight
sick.gif

Originally Posted by beh235

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Can't win with Melo or Stat, can't win with them together. Allen Iverson was a better scorer then Melo, still he brought that team nowhere. Melos an amazing talent just doesn't make a team better. Stat is a Statue, he's gettin us nowhere. How long do we keep this up? This facade? The goal is a championship right?
THIS! This gets overlooked because he's such a good scorer. He also seems to score when the game isn't on the line of late. It's uncanny, he gets' buckets, but they don't seem to matter.

Short term memory dudes in here. Where was all this chirping when he was draining game winners?

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by beh235

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Can't win with Melo or Stat, can't win with them together. Allen Iverson was a better scorer then Melo, still he brought that team nowhere. Melos an amazing talent just doesn't make a team better. Stat is a Statue, he's gettin us nowhere. How long do we keep this up? This facade? The goal is a championship right?
THIS! This gets overlooked because he's such a good scorer. He also seems to score when the game isn't on the line of late. It's uncanny, he gets' buckets, but they don't seem to matter.

Short term memory dudes in here. Where was all this chirping when he was draining game winners?

You really think anyone in nyc cares about regular season games? Playoff time its what its all about and how you make your name in nyc. We are 30-39 with melo and stat playing in the same games. That is unacceptable smh our luck we pick up two players that are labled loser mentality type players. We are the laughing stock of the league this morning all over sports talk shows

yeah i don't trust it either. does the sale extend to the shorts tho? wouldn't mind a pair of authentic shorts.

It's Melo's fault the Knicks are losing to the Heat when he's the only player capable of creating their own shot, cool. Some dudes are fools man.

Originally Posted by debs 168

yeah i don't trust it either. does the sale extend to the shorts tho? wouldn't mind a pair of authentic shorts.
Good question.
nerd.gif

Is there a code or something for the 50% off?

Nah it's definitely not only Melo's fault. However I did expect a better performance....even with the tough defense, it seems like he took himself out the game once he realized his shot wasn't falling. He was hesitant when he even had clear match up advantages (Battier, Miller, Haslem) as if he was scared to make a mistake. He let's his man catch up to him sometimes. I think during one possession he actually manage to catch Battier off balance but instead of stepping into a shot he took more set-up dribbles, then forced his way to the rim once Battier recovered. Your pretty much helping the defense guard you like that. I also realize he must've been tired as *+@ so this all easier said then done but sometimes you just gotta make it happen for yourself.

It's not all on him though. Woodson could've thrown in more ball screens for him instead of watching him go one on one every time down. He managed to hit a shot off a screen in the paint halfway through the second. More of those could've helped him get into a rhythm. His teammates also have to realize they have to cut to the rim if he sets up to drive and the defense sticks with him. Only three guys seem to understand that....and two of them aren't here anymore (Balkman, Turiaf).

Back
Top Bottom