let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by beh235

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

How does the 0-7 just fall on Melo though? STAT was available for just two of those games and played a 1or 2 seed.

Melo played alone out there tonight and a lot of shots were forced.

Because he's the "star" of the team, and his attitude permeates the rest of the team. Not moving the ball or directing others to get into position to score easily. Of course there were injuries, but have some pride about your team. No effort or push back, nothing. You see when Lebron and Wade got upset? There was push back. JR even had some sort of push when he threw it down. 'Melo just wants to make it look good, is it hard to figure that out after watching him for 9 years? At this point, it's obvious he can't get it done. His attitude must change.
I disagree because both Wade and Bron were crying on the court until the 4th quarter hit....you want to win, you need the talent on the floor. You think Melo would be 0-7 these first two rounds of he had a reliable option such as Wade or Lebron out there?  Knicks have not had the talent these past two years come playoffs to win a best of 7 series, its simple.
Melo is the LEAST of the teams' problems right now. You have an idiot who destroyed his hand to take an early vacation, and no PG's on the team (and Shumper out for an extended amount of time) STAT was supposed to be the 2nd guy and he has been available for only 2 of those playoff games.

I don't know but that after that errant pass from Fields closing of the 2nd quarter it just went down hill from there.

Novak looks pretty useless right now. You can't really draw up plays for him if Jeffries is out

JR had good defensive game just the other part sucked.

Everybody should get a chance to play on Sunday. Even TD cause he is not afraid to shoot.
24 sec violations kill me

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Alan Hahn said it right wade and bron made plays and shots and melo did not. This was the most important game of the year and melo didn't play d had a bunch of turnovers and was bricking everything. So in reality our super star was a sixth man for the heat tonight

Back on the Melo bashwagon i see

Knicks ran no offense just dropping it off to melo every posession. There's a reason why we did the best when the bench was playing and JR was essentially playing the pt. The Bibby, JR, Fields, Jefferies, Harrelson lineup> Anything else we put out there bc they played like a team. At this point in time, there's no one on this planet who's good enough to single handedly carry an offense against a good defense.

And with his game so off, why do they just keep going to Melo every play? Miami did NOT play well tonight and they ran an offense and passed the ball. Melo iso 95% of the time does not work. Woodson looked very bad today for letting them play like that. He supposedly gets into everyone and holds players accountable, but he never says anything to Melo for having the ultimate green light and not moving the ball. Tbh, his offense in Atlanta was Joe Johnson iso, only difference is Joe Johnson looked to pass more. Yea we could've used Amare, we could've used Shump, and could've used Lin. But the heat came with their C game and we should've been coached well enough to take advantage of it.

Originally Posted by MrDozo

Being a knicks &mets fan is hard

Try adding Jets and you have the definition of depression
tired.gif

How does the 0-7 just fall on Melo though? STAT was available for just two of those games and played a 1or 2 seed.

Melo played alone out there tonight and a lot of shots were forced.

Because he's the "star" of the team, and his attitude permeates the rest of the team. Not moving the ball or directing others to get into position to score easily. Of course there were injuries, but have some pride about your team. No effort or push back, nothing. You see when Lebron and Wade got upset? There was push back. JR even had some sort of push when he threw it down. 'Melo just wants to make it look good, is it hard to figure that out after watching him for 9 years? At this point, it's obvious he can't get it done. His attitude must change.
I disagree because both Wade and Bron were crying on the court until the 4th quarter hit....you want to win, you need the talent on the floor. You think Melo would be 0-7 these first two rounds of he had a reliable option such as Wade or Lebron out there?  Knicks have not had the talent these past two years come playoffs to win a best of 7 series, its simple.
Melo is the LEAST of the teams' problems right now. You have an idiot who destroyed his hand to take an early vacation, and no PG's on the team (and Shumper out for an extended amount of time) STAT was supposed to be the 2nd guy and he has been available for only 2 of those playoff games.
That's the key phrase. The 4th quarter hit and no games were played and they stopped and went to work. As to you saying 'Melo not having talent, he's been out of the first round ONE time in NINE years. If you haven't talent work around you up until this point consistently, I don't know what to say. I do agree they need a PG though. I still say trade 'Melo, been saying that but Knick fans don't want to hear it and want to hold on too long. Typical Knick fan mentality, holding on to improbable situations repeatedly and being sad about the outcome when it doesn't happen. I've been there, trust me.

FYI, I even listened to Mike Breen on Cowheard earlier this week and even HE doubted if Carmelo should stay and sees something missing with he and Amar'e and he sees them damn near every night. So what is that saying?

Yeah if/when the Knicks get swept on Sunday, Mike Woodson can kiss his shot at getting the job good bye. The Heat are gonna be a force in the East for awhile so if the Knicks feel he won't be able to make a series with them competitive, he's gone..His defensive adjustments have been good this season, but his offensive plays are not good. Melo's incredible April carried him

That's the key phrase. The 4th quarter hit and no games were played and they stopped and went to work. As to you saying 'Melo not having talent, he's been out of the first round ONE time in NINE years. If you haven't talent work around you up until this point consistently, I don't know what to say. I do agree they need a PG though. I still say trade 'Melo, been saying that but Knick fans don't want to hear it and want to hold on too long. Typical Knick fan mentality, holding on to improbable situations repeatedly and being sad about the outcome when it doesn't happen. I've been there, trust me.
You add a reliable PG on this team and they actually play to get a higher seed instead of slacking, they'll win some playoff games.
Melo has only been here for half a season last year, and a lockout shortened season this year. Easy to look at what Bron/Wade did but fact is Bron came in after resting for an entire 3rd quarter, and Melo is playing every minute. Those guys get rest, Melo cannot afford to sit....you can't just blame him.

You add a reliable PG on this team and they actually play to get a higher seed instead of slacking, they'll win some playoff games.
Melo has only been here for half a season last year, and a lockout shortened season this year. Easy to look at what Bron/Wade did but fact is Bron came in after resting for an entire 3rd quarter, and Melo is playing every minute. Those guys get rest, Melo cannot afford to sit....you can't just blame him.
I see your point, but still his attitude throughout the season has been kinda blah. I think mentally he just likes to get his stats up and losing doesn't bother him as much as it does others. I wasn't speaking on just this game.

Tonight's game was awful. I agree with MEZ, Mello is not really the one to blame here. The lack of ball movement was as bad as the UCONN team this year. No one knew what to do with the ball, the offense was stagnant. A screen or a pick was a rarity, as was good dribbling. Baron Davis should be arrested for impersonating a point guard. Old Bibby was much more consistent than he was (that's really saying something since Bibby doesn't dribble past the 3 point line). All in all this was a fun season, the most enjoyable in over a decade. The offseason will be interesting, moves must be made one way or another.

We are really kidding ourselves if we think the melo stat duo can win us any kind of playoff games. If Nash came here it would benefit Lin for a year,would love that move.

I don't think James Dolan is turning his new money machine (Lin) into a backup this offseason. Hope I'm wrong and they do pursue Nash.

Landrys a free agent right? He better not be resigned, dont give me the he does the little things well....he blows

Back
Top Bottom